Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Delayed train nightmare...

thats shocking!!!! was there a delay? a jumper? the train just broke?

awful and i hope those who paid for a train ticket are fully reimbursed or given a free journey to another game later this season.

jas :)

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]Send your tributes to the privatised railways toarchantlovesprivatisation@archant.com

[/quote]Very funny… maybe your sense of humour will be easier for people to understand with this one![:D]

where is national express guard who posts on here? Yesterday lunchtime he was thanking people for travelling national express bet hes gone into hiding now!!!!!!!!

Well i got a bus back at 11.30, but it stopped at Stanstead so i was back in norwich for about 5.30....which was pretty bad.

Surely there had to be a delay, to allow the hundreds of Norwich fans on the train to one-by-one take a dump and flush it at Ipswich station?? [:D]

Got the canary coach, our driver didn''t know where he was going and got back just after 2. I thought we were hard done by. Sorry to hear so many people got screwed over by the trains. They wonder why people try not to use them.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Surely there had to be a delay, to allow the hundreds of Norwich fans on the train to one-by-one take a dump and flush it at Ipswich station?? [:D]
[/quote]

Ha ha we actually did that. we were stuck in ipsh!t for a while there wasnt much else to do

Oh and if that national express bloke is on here I would love to hear him defend his strike now. If they cant get engines to run on time how can they possibly defend a pay rise?

7 hours on a train is disgusting to get to norwich. My compensation 8 measly quid for the ticket

That is ridiculous there was one bloke who got a bit angry to say the least but there is no way it could be described as rioting norwich fans. Just a bloke angry cos he couldnt get home. even if he did get a bit out of order

I normally go by away games by train but luckily last night I diddnt. Couldnt really understand why train drivers went on strike anway as they were already on £35,000 a year to do what is an easy job. You just sit there accelerate you dont even have to steer and just remember to stop at the stations. Surely they couldnt have got a replacement bus instead of dragging the journey out to 6 hours. Sounds like a miserably journey for everyone really

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Just when things couldn''t get worse for the train user canary fans who went to Brentford last night! Our rail network never ceases to amaze me with its complete ineptness![/quote]

same here. I mean how hard can it be to get some descent trains that actually consistently workproperly, keep them in a good condition and have signals that dont keep breaking. Surely they could have transferred them to buses I know its late at night but im sure they could have got some coaches from somewhere.

You look at the rail services in Japan and they are more reliable and faster(probably cheaper aswell) than ours

Dont know what all the fuss is about?...........i got home to Peterborough from the match 3 mins late,and that was national express [:D] i must admit the train journey was more intresting than the match.Even had some banter with some very nice bee''s fans who live in Lincolnshire on there way home from the match.Never mind theres always Carlisle away by train[:D]

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

The 11.30pm train from Liverpool Street didn''t arrive in Norwich until 6.30 this morning - were you stuck on it? Email dan.grimmer@archant.co.uk.

Thanks

Celia

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/dreamer_bj21/gunntrain.jpg[/IMG]