Sign in to follow this  
Scot-e-dog

Have The Local Press Turned?

Is is me or have we seen a very sudden and very big about turn from the local press with all matters related to Delia and MWJ?Previously, they''ve been sycophantic to the point of nausea.Now, we''ve had 3 anti-Delia articles in about 1 week.Many people have said that Delia thrives on her saintly reputation.  Is this the start of the end?  If the national press pick up on any of this then we can expect some fun and games.Or, do they know something we don''t?  A good conspiracy theory would be that they know she''s on the way out (Chiunese consortium anyone?) and they can claim they had a hand her downfall.I love a good conspiracy, so I''m going for the latter.

Do you know, I was sat here thinking the same thing.. especially with an Archant man on the board. Things may be hotting up at boardroom level.

[quote user="supercol"]Do you know, I was sat here thinking the same thing.. especially with an Archant man on the board. Things may be hotting up at boardroom level.[/quote]

Yes, it does seem odd that there''s been far more critisicm of NCFC in the local press this season than the previous three seasons put together.

Perhaps the local hacks are, at last, reporting it how it is. That or they are just putting two fingers up to those on here and elsewhere who have questioned editorial policy now that Stephan Phillips has been installed at Carrow Road.

Either way I like it.

I don''t think it amounts to anything at all while it is confined to sports columnists.  The EDP could of course have done a page one write off: "Is it time for Delia to go?" but have not so far done so.

If the story starts appearing on page one, rather than sport, or appears in a leader column then you could, perhaps, read more into it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I don''t think it amounts to anything at all while it is confined to sports columnists.  The EDP could of course have done a page one write off: "Is it time for Delia to go?" but have not so far done so.

If the story starts appearing on page one, rather than sport, or appears in a leader column then you could, perhaps, read more into it.

[/quote]Indeed. The point I was making on a different thread. To whit:It seems as if what people are

talking about there [that''s this thread] are the views of the anti-Delia columnists. And

columnists are meant to be controversial.The point I was trying

to establish was whether Archant''s editorial policy was now that Delia

should step down, which would be a highly significant move. But that

does not appear to be the case. And it''s important to differentiate

between what columnists say and what a paper says through its editor in

the leading articles. It''s the latter that matters.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Delia seems to have gone very very quiet , has she commented on the sacking of Gunn or the new manager yet ? very strange.[/quote]She wasnt even in evidence at the press conference when Lambert was appointed - unthinkable only a few months ago. Methinks she is sick of all the flak and wants to keep a lower profile from now on.

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Delia seems to have gone very very quiet , has she commented on the sacking of Gunn or the new manager yet ? very strange.
[/quote]

She wasnt even in evidence at the press conference when Lambert was appointed - unthinkable only a few months ago. Methinks she is sick of all the flak and wants to keep a lower profile from now on.
[/quote]

I think the answer is that she''s filming for the BBC at the moment.  That is why I felt confident she was not in Scunthorpe trying to persuade Adkins to join.[:P]

This is the start of the new boardroom encouraged campaign to oust her, trust me on this!

The worm has turned........Oh hail the worm[Y]

When I see a sabre-toothed Archant I really will have to go and have a long lie down.

[/quote]

....Ho, ho, ho........

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

When I see a sabre-toothed Archant I really will have to go and have a long lie down.

[/quote]

....Ho, ho, ho........

[/quote]

Mello, dear, what you know about anything could be safely contained on the writing bit provided on the  back of a postcard.

And never, ever, apply for a job involving the intelligent use of graphics.  You might be a STAR here but nowhere else in the scheme of communication things.

[/quote]

Smoke without fire?

Interesting that Lamberts press conference was the first managers PC not attended by Delia and MWJ ?

Was the unanimous vote to sack Gunn really unanimous?  

Why are there not more questions of McNally about the timing of the sacking (so late before an important game) and the reason they let Gunn bring in so many players if they didn''t think he was the right man for the job?

The poor answer McNally gave the local press over the gag order on the players? (see Chris Lakeys podcast)

Not sure why he is getting such a free pass at the moment?????

Here''s a conspiracy theory, could Philip''s appointment on the board be working the opposite way to what we all thought.  Everyone jumped to the conclusion that it was so the media could be ''pro-club'', but having an Archant man on the inside - one who has his eyes on (or on behalf of) ousting Delia then he could orcastrate the whole thing from the inside.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Smoke without fire?

Interesting that Lamberts press conference was the first managers PC not attended by Delia and MWJ ?

Was the unanimous vote to sack Gunn really unanimous?  

Why are there not more questions of McNally about the timing of the sacking (so late before an important game) and the reason they let Gunn bring in so many players if they didn''t think he was the right man for the job?

The poor answer McNally gave the local press over the gag order on the players? (see Chris Lakeys podcast)

Not sure why he is getting such a free pass at the moment?????

[/quote]

The answer to No 1 is that she is currently filming.  Can''t say about MWJ although they normally trail about together.

The answer to the rest of it is absolutely third rate journalism although I believe some locals think it absolutely smashing.

Other than that, can''t help.[:|]