Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Why all of a sudden do we have calls for Russell back in the side?

Russell is a poor player, frankly not really good enough at anything to justify a place in the starting eleven.Offensively, Adeyemi has shown he has better movement, is willing to shoot and has the same effort levels as Russell. Hughes has shown far greater creativity in his short time than he ever has. Defensively, OTJ is far better at defensive duties in general and is able to resist making the clumsy challenges that costs Rusty so many cards, sendings offs and ultimately suspensions. For me, the problem with the midfield is that we''ve selected two very similar players. OTJ and Gill seem to like playing that midfield enforcer role and don''t seem able to produce anything going forward. For me, Adeyemi and Hughes would be my choice, with OTJ or Gill used to strengthen the midfield if needed (in exchange for Adeyemi). Rusty, as far as I''m concerned, can continue to find a new club.

Very Good point, Googler. Plus Russel is a fool and goes in for clumsy tackles far far too often.

OTJ + Hughes for the CM 2 for me.

I agree. If he doesn''t wanna be here then toodles. Would have taken Burnley''s first offer to be honest as it''s probably more than he''s worth.

We''ll be lucky to get three thousand pounds sterling for Russell since Fester turned down decent money for him from Burnley just a couple of weeks back.

Some people seem to have got it into their head that because Russell doesn''t want to be here and reports of a Burnley bid seem to make him a good player however what they fail to see is that if Russell was even half decent he would have been snapped up by a better side a long time before the season started.Russell is a useless donkey, doesn''t have the stamina that he used to, no shot, poor in the air, no discipline and has little vision.  I would get rid of him rather than put him anywhere near the first team.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Russell is a poor player, frankly not really good enough at anything to justify a place in the starting eleven.

Offensively, Adeyemi has shown he has better movement, is willing to shoot and has the same effort levels as Russell. Hughes has shown far greater creativity in his short time than he ever has.

Defensively, OTJ is far better at defensive duties in general and is able to resist making the clumsy challenges that costs Rusty so many cards, sendings offs and ultimately suspensions.

For me, the problem with the midfield is that we''ve selected two very similar players. OTJ and Gill seem to like playing that midfield enforcer role and don''t seem able to produce anything going forward. For me, Adeyemi and Hughes would be my choice, with OTJ or Gill used to strengthen the midfield if needed (in exchange for Adeyemi). Rusty, as far as I''m concerned, can continue to find a new club.

[/quote]

Gill the enforcer and Gill used to strenghen the midfield if needed! I will have a pint of whatever you have been on Googler.

I believe Russell does have some ability, he''s shown it in brief spells. But generally his consistency and attitude just stink. He''d make for a good enough substitute at this level though.

[quote user="Brendan"]Of what ive seen, Gill is a waste of space.[/quote]So is he the next Norwich player you''re going to bum lick?  You''ve already been through Semi and I believe you had a few posts dedicated to our resided Aussie.

I still think Otsemobor isnt a bad player. Hey, i might as well blame it on the management of him. Anyone can see that he has the credentials to be a great player. He just needs a brain and he will be quality. Maybe Lambert can be the man to see it and teach the poor bugger.

[quote user="Brendan"]

I still think Otsemobor isnt a bad player. Hey, i might as well blame it on the management of him. Anyone can see that he has the credentials to be a great player. He just needs a brain and he will be quality. Maybe Lambert can be the man to see it and teach the poor bugger.

[/quote]Yeah add to that brain, some desire, effort, energy, vision, tackling ability and for him to learn how to play as a right back then yeah he would be a great player.  Crewe fans thought he was crap and only interested in going out on the town and having a good time and that has proved to be the case here too.  Just because you could be great doesn''t make you great and in this case it doesn''t even make him good. 

Its not soley about Rusty wanting away that means I would not have him in the side.   But partly it is - it just represents his attitude, which last year absolutely sucked.  Little committment (only getting fired up when he perceived and injustice against him by the ref) meant most games passed him by as we wandered aimlessly around the pitch making even less impact on the game than cureton had threat on goal. 

It feels as if he thinks he is superior, deserves his place irrespctive of performance and his dillusion continues by insisting that he is better than a league 1 club despite being a root cause (horrendously ineffective midfield last season) of why we are a league one club.

As with Otsemebor he has the attributes of a great player,  but rarely shows any ability to want to or know how to use them week in week out.   For that reason I never want to see either of them in a yellow shirt again.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Russell is a poor player, frankly not really good enough at anything to justify a place in the starting eleven.

Offensively, Adeyemi has shown he has better movement, is willing to shoot and has the same effort levels as Russell. Hughes has shown far greater creativity in his short time than he ever has.

Defensively, OTJ is far better at defensive duties in general and is able to resist making the clumsy challenges that costs Rusty so many cards, sendings offs and ultimately suspensions.

For me, the problem with the midfield is that we''ve selected two very similar players. OTJ and Gill seem to like playing that midfield enforcer role and don''t seem able to produce anything going forward. For me, Adeyemi and Hughes would be my choice, with OTJ or Gill used to strengthen the midfield if needed (in exchange for Adeyemi). Rusty, as far as I''m concerned, can continue to find a new club.

[/quote]

Gill the enforcer and Gill used to strenghen the midfield if needed! I will have a pint of whatever you have been on Googler.

[/quote]

Decided based on what, Til? Not even half a dozen appearences in yellow and green? No wonder you and your organisation are so poorly thought of if you allow yourself to be so quickly swayed.

[quote user="Brendan"]Of what ive seen, Gill is a waste of space.[/quote]

Yes, but we''ve seen all of half a dozen games with Gill involved. I agree he''s not been good, but then it does take some players time to adjust.

I say Hughes as first choice, and don''t really care who will partner him.It could be Adeyemi, but he is still young and will perhaps not play as good as v. Yeovil in all games.I''m sure Russell, Tudor Jones and Gill can all do a great job together with Hughes. Or Spillane as a defensive midfielder?