Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Just confirmed on "the scrimmage" -radio norfolk

No surprise to hear Crook is staying. He and Culverhouse are big mates going back many years. Difficult to assess his contributions over recent months as he appears to have been kept on the fringes. What is very clear to me is that since Gunn and Co. were appointed there has not been the slightest improvement in any area on the footballing side in the Club. As has been previously mentioned there are numerous instances where exceptionally good players do not necessarily make good coaches/managers.

[quote user="book end"]Crook as next Norwich manager must be highly likely now. I think he''s got it in him.[/quote]Only if we''ve just appointed another expensive mistake and in 12 months time find ourselves looking for another fall guy.In 4 or 5 years after an apprenticeship proving himself as a decent coach...perhaps, but if it''s anytime soon it''ll probably turn out to be too soon imo.We have no real idea what Crook has to offer on the coaching side. OK, he''s rated pretty highly in Aussieland but you can''t read too much into that. Football isn''t the same game there, they don''t even call it football. Of course, it would be great if as a coach he can pass on some of the magic he displayed for us in his playing days, but can you coach that?

I personally think Crooky should''ve gone as well, but c''est la vie. I''m pleased we now have the manager''s people involved and they can hopefully start to rebuild the shattered confidence the squad are clearly contending with.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="book end"]Crook as next Norwich manager must be highly likely now. I think he''s got it in him.[/quote]

Only if we''ve just appointed another expensive mistake and in 12 months time find ourselves looking for another fall guy.
In 4 or 5 years after an apprenticeship proving himself as a decent coach...perhaps, but if it''s anytime soon it''ll probably turn out to be too soon imo.

We have no real idea what Crook has to offer on the coaching side. OK, he''s rated pretty highly in Aussieland but you can''t read too much into that. Football isn''t the same game there, they don''t even call it football.

Of course, it would be great if as a coach he can pass on some of the magic he displayed for us in his playing days, but can you coach that?
[/quote]

Well Herb before you disparage Ausralian Soccer maybe you should find out a little about it and just how good some of the teams are. Crook did a good job over here are was well enough liked. As a player he did a brilliant job for Norwich and of course you can pass on your magic - why else would most coaches/managers be ex footballers? I am very pleased he has been retained by Norwich.

Bobert- I''ve watched a bit of Aussie football on TV. The quality seems very very low.The reason most managers are ex players is that they a) need to relate to the odd lifestyle of the pre sportsman and b) most footballers are so thick and self important that they won''t listen unless someone can display that they have been there and done that more than the players. It is less to do with passing on magic as it is getting the jumped up little t0ssers to pay attention.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Bobert- I''ve watched a bit of Aussie football on TV. The quality seems very very low.[/quote]I''d suggest it''s no lower than the Canaries league this season!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="book end"]Crook as next Norwich manager must be highly likely now. I think he''s got it in him.[/quote]

Only if we''ve just appointed another expensive mistake and in 12 months time find ourselves looking for another fall guy.
In 4 or 5 years after an apprenticeship proving himself as a decent coach...perhaps, but if it''s anytime soon it''ll probably turn out to be too soon imo.

We have no real idea what Crook has to offer on the coaching side. OK, he''s rated pretty highly in Aussieland but you can''t read too much into that. Football isn''t the same game there, they don''t even call it football.

Of course, it would be great if as a coach he can pass on some of the magic he displayed for us in his playing days, but can you coach that?
[/quote]" we have no real idea what Crook has to offer on the coaching side". Exactly, we don''t have a clue but so many come out and talk about him as though they have some insider knowledge as to his worth as a coach.