Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

Bye Bye Alnwick

Bad news with Gomes injured at Tottenham, Spurs will recall Ben Alnwick early from his loan spell at Norwich as back-up

Lets hope that Gomes isn''t out for too long so Tottenham don''t hit the panic button, but they dont really have a 3rd choice keeper beyond youngster David Button. Looks like the Aussie may sneak back in the team, I''m sure Lambert will enjoy being forced to play the guy

Do they definitely have a re-call?If they take him back hopefully we can get someone else''s number 3 in the shape of Colin Doyle

Or maybe Mr Lambert and Co. might bring in a different goalkeeper who wont be here on load, and who actually will care and be any good. Theoklitos isnt that bad. Im sure he would do okay, just need our defence to play well and we wont really need a great keeper.

Shame gerkin went to Bristol City, as he would have been a great signing from Colchester. It will be interesting to see what happens if Gomes is injured.Button is the only other option and unlikely to be used as a no2 for the first team at spurs. Would Rudd get in ahead of Theo... it has to be said... what a bad time to let in 7 goals... against your future boss!

[quote user="The Chirp"]Shame gerkin went to Bristol City, as he would have been a great signing from Colchester. It will be interesting to see what happens if Gomes is injured.

Button is the only other option and unlikely to be used as a no2 for the first team at spurs.

Would Rudd get in ahead of Theo... it has to be said... what a bad time to let in 7 goals... against your future boss!

[/quote]

Hmmm....your new manager ex-Colchester thought Gerken a complete and total waste of space.  Told his agent to ring up and find him another club which he duly did.[:|]

I reckon gerken would have come here too. One of my colleagues went to school with him and is still a good friend of his, he nearly (and wanted to) join Oldham, but they got cold feet and Bristol city were the only other team interested at the time. I imagine being first choice here would have been more appealing.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Oh this is badd real badd
[/quote]

Ironically the man to save the day might be.................... David James..........

I reckon there is a sub-plot here anyway. Redknapp is an admirer of Rudd. and has said so in the papers. Is Alnwick all part of a plan to get their dirty hands on him anyway?Oh you want Alnwick you can have him plus this cash for Rudd!I dont like any of this and I also believe Rudd should be playing right now, if good enough old enough I believe McNally said recently!!Get him in while we are in the lower divisions!

he''ll only be back up if he goes back as they have cudicini as second to gomes, besides redknapp said he was now back in the market for a goal keeper and with some transfer window left i think theyll get in someone else

so dont think therell be much to worry about on this front

[quote user="Brendan"]Or maybe Mr Lambert and Co. might bring in a different goalkeeper who wont be here on load, and who actually will care and be any good. Theoklitos isnt that bad. Im sure he would do okay, just need our defence to play well and we wont really need a great keeper.[/quote]

And the winner of the worst post of the year goes to . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Tottenham''s 2nd Goalie Is Carlo Cudicini, And They Have 2 Other Goalies Oscar Jansson And Lee Butcher. Ben Alnwick And David Button Are Their Other Goalkeepers But Both Are Out On Loan. So Maybe Alnwick Won''t Be Recalled :)

Here is a article on the injury and although nothing is certain, they fear that he could be out for a while:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5502414,00.htmlBy Harry Redknapps own admission there, with Gomez down it only leaves Cuddicini, so although I''m hoping Alnwick will stay, it''s not looking good.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Dean Kiely''s looking for work . . . he''s 38 mind (not that old for a keeper)

[/quote]

Great shout Canary Cherub. He made some great saves for West Brom in the Premier League last season and I don''t think he would see coming to Carrow Road as a step down as he is just the sort of guy who wants to be playing football somewhere where the fans appreciate him. Seen him play at Charlton many times and he''s a great character, wouldn''t just be a great addition to the playing squad but also the dressing room