Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

have we fallen out with colchester?

Their fans appear to be annoyed we "stole" their boss. The comments from the U''s chairman insinuate we weren''t subtle in our approach, and aimed to unsettle Lambert.All smacks a bit of Burley leaving Colchester for them lot down the road, perhaps Colchester should just get on with it, their chairman even admitted we''re a bigger club.Always had a lot of time for Colchester but not if they''re gonna throw their toys out of the pram just coz one of the biggest clubs in their region and league wanted their boss.

Who cares... they are a local rival at the end of the day. Personally I am quite enjoying seeing them whine and moan :)

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]I wasn''t very impressed with them when they put 7 past us if I''m being honest...[/quote]I thought they played pretty well actually [:P]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]I wasn''t very impressed with them when they put 7 past us if I''m being honest...[/quote]

I thought they played pretty well actually [:P]
[/quote]

hehehe, Touche my friend! You know what I meant!

[quote user="National express striking guard "]fair enough. they hate the scum as much as we do, thats why I liked them[/quote]No they don''t. I doubt they even believe that themselves.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]I wasn''t very impressed with them when they put 7 past us if I''m being honest...[/quote]Yeh their fans didnt endear themselves to me either

[quote user="National express striking guard "]fair enough. they hate the scum as much as we do, thats why I liked them
[/quote]

Do they?  There are quite a few of them chummy with binners on their websites.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="National express striking guard "]fair enough. they hate the scum as much as we do, thats why I liked them
[/quote]

No they don''t. I doubt they even believe that themselves.

[/quote]

well when I lived there and supported them as a boy, there was some graffitti on the wall outside the ground which read "Ipswich Are C***s.

That wouldn''t suggest the warmest of friendships! Also have a colleague who''s a ST holder at the Scum, and he reckons it was a real pain when they played them, each time lots of Col U in the home areas taking the p. 

[quote user="National express striking guard "]Their fans appear to be annoyed we "stole" their boss. The comments from the U''s chairman insinuate we weren''t subtle in our approach, and aimed to unsettle Lambert.
All smacks a bit of Burley leaving Colchester for them lot down the road, perhaps Colchester should just get on with it, their chairman even admitted we''re a bigger club.
Always had a lot of time for Colchester but not if they''re gonna throw their toys out of the pram just coz one of the biggest clubs in their region and league wanted their boss.
[/quote]

As long as you cough up with the money I am sure we can all remain friends.