Sign in to follow this  
Essex_boi

Colchester fan

When we appointed him we were told by his previous club, that he would "Jump ship" for a bigger club at the first opportunity.We of course laughed, you are a bigger club in League, but there are a lot bigger clubs in this and the 2 leagues above us.So it is now "OUR" turn to warn you, he will jump ship when, not if another bigger club come knocking.Good luck for the rest of the season, except of course your visit to Cuckoo farm[:D]

[quote user="Del-colu"]
When we appointed him we were told by his previous club, that he would "Jump ship" for a bigger club at the first opportunity.We of course laughed, you are a bigger club in League, but there are a lot bigger clubs in this and the 2 leagues above us.
So it is now "OUR" turn to warn you, he will jump ship when, not if another bigger club come knocking.

Good luck for the rest of the season, except of course your visit to Cuckoo farm[:D]
[/quote]

Yes, we know.

Good luck with Lambert. Whilst I am not happy with the seemingly underhand way he has been approached, if the shoe was on the other foot and we approached somebody elses manager I don''t think I would be complaining too loudly.

I must say I am a little surprised you went for Paul. He is a very strong character and has an extremely good eye for a player. He is a fantastic talker and negotiator of deals. I have spoken to a few of the  new CUFC playing staff in my job and they have spoken highly of him. He just does not strike me as the sort of guy you would expect as Norwich manager. You have always had quite likeable fella''s in charge.

The major gripe I had was the way he went about things. There are rumours that he was rarely down here and Culverhouse took training most of the time. He was also a bully too. If you were not a physical oaf who won''t get stuck in, then your out of the picture in Lambert''s eyes. He barely spoke to the playing squad once they were here and he alienated a lot of the players who he did not want.

I think its safe to say he will (funds dependant) look to get the deadwood out. I can see Drury and Docherty being the first to receive the Lambert treatment. He is a real strict disciplinarian and if a player steps out of line they will soon know about it also.

Lambert''s tactics have been discussed, yes its not easy on the eye, he likes grafters and people not afraid of a physical encounter. Our first game under him was at Stockport and they complained bitterly at the bully boy tactics we employed. We all thought it was great, so he will give you a decent spine. its not easy to watch by all means but he was getting positive results. His record would have been a lot better had we not have had a hoodoo of not being able to play well at home.

All in all, he will probably get you results. But the football will not be overly attractive. I would of liked to have seen him stay, because he appeared to be getting things right and its good to be stable, but I am not entirely disappointed to see him go because he was quick to blame everyone else and not his tactics when we was not doing well. I hope for your sakes he doesn''t turn out to be another Peter Grant!

Its safe to say he will not get a very nice reception at the WHCS in Jan, but that is to be expected and I think he will relish it.

[quote user="Essex_boi"][quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="Essex_boi"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

Can''t say i have slept with a member of my family. But it wouldn''t surprise me if you already have a kid and your 14.

[/quote]

Your sister looked older than her years.

[/quote]Get back to crying over your GCSE results, Grandad.[/quote]

You not got kids fella? What''s the matter? Firing blanks or do you like men?

[/quote]Nah, I use protection.  I should probably explain what that is as I hear your idea of contraception is getting blind drunk and kicking her in the stomach before, during & after.  I hear that''s also the standard form for greeting your mother "dah''n" in Essex.

Trolls are fun.  I guess you should know that already as it sounds like the closest you get to intimacy is a small, warty, bearded, green skinned creature found under a bridge.  I suppose you greeted it with kicks to the stomach.

toodle pip.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]At least the trolls have been well fed. [:S][/quote]It''s a fun distraction, but I guess my last response will soon be deleted.  Screenshot while you can.

[quote user="Flinty"]can''t believe how long this thread has gotten lol
[/quote]

I suprised you can count. I thought after you have used all your fingers to count on, you were stuffed!

Lambert has a plan. His plan is to relegate you! Norwich and Ipswich, side by side, on the same tractor, sorry I mean farm. Just like what they did when he had Geroge Burley as manager, and Ipswich took him off us.

[quote user="Us"]

I must say I am a little surprised you went for Paul. He is a very strong character and has an extremely good eye for a player. He is a fantastic talker and negotiator of deals. I have spoken to a few of the  new CUFC playing staff in my job and they have spoken highly of him. He just does not strike me as the sort of guy you would expect as Norwich manager. You have always had quite likeable fella''s in charge.

The major gripe I had was the way he went about things. There are rumours that he was rarely down here and Culverhouse took training most of the time. He was also a bully too. If you were not a physical oaf who won''t get stuck in, then your out of the picture in Lambert''s eyes. He barely spoke to the playing squad once they were here and he alienated a lot of the players who he did not want.

I think its safe to say he will (funds dependant) look to get the deadwood out. I can see Drury and Docherty being the first to receive the Lambert treatment. He is a real strict disciplinarian and if a player steps out of line they will soon know about it also.

Lambert''s tactics have been discussed, yes its not easy on the eye, he likes grafters and people not afraid of a physical encounter. Our first game under him was at Stockport and they complained bitterly at the bully boy tactics we employed. We all thought it was great, so he will give you a decent spine. its not easy to watch by all means but he was getting positive results. His record would have been a lot better had we not have had a hoodoo of not being able to play well at home.

All in all, he will probably get you results. But the football will not be overly attractive. I would of liked to have seen him stay, because he appeared to be getting things right and its good to be stable, but I am not entirely disappointed to see him go because he was quick to blame everyone else and not his tactics when we was not doing well. I hope for your sakes he doesn''t turn out to be another Peter Grant!

Its safe to say he will not get a very nice reception at the WHCS in Jan, but that is to be expected and I think he will relish it.

[/quote]

Thanks for your helpful post.

If Lambert isn''t the sort of manager we normally go for that''s a point in his favour imo [:D]  "Nice Norwich" is a thing of the past - No one likes us? Hooray!  Ditto your comments about relishing a physical encounter, because we''re going to get plenty of those in this league and at the moment we haven''t got a clue, last night''s encounter at Brentford being a case in point - "long throw coming in lads, take cover!" [:S]  If and when we get back to the Champ it won''t really be that different there either.  

I understand that Martin O''Neill is his mentor, so it''s not altogether surprising that he doesn''t spend all his time at the training ground because that''s Martin''s style too.  Similarly, if he''s not very popular with the players it sounds like Martin''s tried and tested "unite the players by getting them all to detest me" approach, which he in turn took from Clough. 

As for not taking the blame, that''s a point against since it''s the manager''s job to take the heat off his players even when it''s partly their fault, and he needs to be big enough to do that. 

PS.  Had to smile about your comment about a hoodoo on home games (is it "new stadiumitis" aka "Emirates Syndrome"?), given our performance against you at CR on the opening day.  We don''t have that excuse, unless it''s "new hotelitis" [:D] 

[quote user="Us"]

Good luck with Lambert. Whilst I am not happy with the seemingly underhand way he has been approached, if the shoe was on the other foot and we approached somebody elses manager I don''t think I would be complaining too loudly.

[/quote]first Colchester fan thats come in here and not acted like a total hunt !Respect and thanks !GL to you mate

[quote user="Essex_boi"]

Well, well Norwich.  I thought much better of you as a club but after yesterday it’s safe to say you are one of our most hated clubs now.  We always thought you had a bit of integrity up in Norfolk.  I can’t believe the way you have gone about to get Lambert.

[/quote]I don''t understand why you''re telling us. We didn''t pick him. Contact the club directors and whinge at them. [:P]

get a life u essex tw*t.... its slightly obvious you keep coming on here and using different names to do with colchester. f off back to your crappy town and keep pretending you are big guys. no wonder so many of you get hidings from the army lads in town.

[quote user="glove1"]get a life u essex tw*t.... its slightly obvious you keep coming on here and using different names to do with colchester. f off back to your crappy town and keep pretending you are big guys. no wonder so many of you get hidings from the army lads in town.[/quote]

7-1 7-1 7-1

Who''s the big club?????? WE ARE!!! Not you! lol

[quote user="inbred colchester fan"][quote user="glove1"]get a life u essex tw*t.... its slightly obvious you keep coming on here and using different names to do with colchester. f off back to your crappy town and keep pretending you are big guys. no wonder so many of you get hidings from the army lads in town.[/quote]7-1 7-1 7-1Who''s the big club?????? WE ARE!!! Not you! lol[/quote][img]http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/02/47/Paul_Lambert.jpg[/img]*snigger* *snigger*

[quote user="Essex_boi"]

Well, well Norwich.  I thought much better of you as a club but after yesterday it’s safe to say you are one of our most hated clubs now.  We always thought you had a bit of integrity up in Norfolk.  I can’t believe the way you have gone about to get Lambert.  It stinks but I for one am quite happy you’ve taken him off our hands.  I haven’t rated that guy since he came here.  Yes he masterminded the 7-1 thrashing of your lot but last season we were awful and alot of that was down to him.  Expect bad handling of certain players he doesn’t want about.  Fine, you might say.  But when the lads are under contract a clever manager will not just cancel contracts of players who have 3 years left and let them leave for free.  A good manager won’t put players who the previous season were playing 1st team and represented England back in the youth team.  A good manager won’t publicly slate the youth set up, current players etc... Expect an overhaul.  You will need money for that.  Expect long ball, negative tactics.  Last season we often went home games without a single shot on goal.  He has little experience and I always felt he was living off his Champions League medal.  

Yesterday will probably turn out to be one of the best days in Colchesters history with that arrogant twat going.  You’re welcome to him. 

[/quote]Bitter much???????   god i hope he gets us promoted

[quote user="Essex_boi"]BTW I''m not gutted at all,  I''m pissed with the way your club handled the situation, not with him going.  Your fans on Anglia news last night were hysterical, love the accent![/quote]

Piss off we dont care what w****** like u have to say

Very good, but you''ve used a Norfolk hand instead of a normal one...

I only have one digit between finger and thumb when giving the bird...

Twunt.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]wow essex boi! you are brilliant! btw if you hadn''t guess i was taking the pi55![/quote]

Aw cheers mate! I''m here all week.