Sign in to follow this  
Panic

How on earth was Warnock not punished?

Warnock has gotten away with his comments about Bristol and the ref for that ''goal''.

How? He acted like a complete and utter prat after the game. He talked about fair play yet refused to shake ant Bristol players hand?!

Yes it was a terrible mistake for the ref. But to have comments like that thrown at you after the game was out of order in my opinion.

Of course he''s been punished.................Have you seen his faceBig Smile [:D]

[quote user="Lambo"]Probably because for once he was spot on with his comments.[/quote]The world will probably shatter and fragment, but totally right [Y]

[quote user="Panic"]Warnock has gotten away with his comments about Bristol and the ref for that ''goal''. How? He acted like a complete and utter prat after the game. He talked about fair play yet refused to shake ant Bristol players hand?! Yes it was a terrible mistake for the ref. But to have comments like that thrown at you after the game was out of order in my opinion.[/quote]

The "powers that be" are incredibly embarrassed and would prefer it all went away.........

This just makes the calls for "instant replays" much louder which they DON''T want.

The referees association dont want it.

Punishing Warnock would have dragged the situation out more..................

I am pretty sure some words were said "off the record" to him...........

Its all about context............... the 4 officials have to be seen to be punished and removed  for a while.

Yeah and it''s almost like, it''s Warnock, lets just ignore him.

I wonder if that works, you moan enough and the ref will just ignore you.

[quote user="mtv"]Of course he''s been punished.................Have you seen his faceBig Smile [:D][/quote]

He wasnt punished...

[quote user="wharfingcanary"]Warnock, despite being a tool, was absolutely right.
[/quote]

Perfect''o

[quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="mtv"]Of course he''s been punished.................Have you seen his faceBig Smile [:D][/quote]

He wasnt punished...

[/quote]Read that post again.....

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Panic"]Warnock has gotten away with his comments about Bristol and the ref for that ''goal''. How? He acted like a complete and utter prat after the game. He talked about fair play yet refused to shake ant Bristol players hand?! Yes it was a terrible mistake for the ref. But to have comments like that thrown at you after the game was out of order in my opinion.[/quote]

The "powers that be" are incredibly embarrassed and would prefer it all went away.........

This just makes the calls for "instant replays" much louder which they DON''T want.

The referees association dont want it.

Punishing Warnock would have dragged the situation out more..................

I am pretty sure some words were said "off the record" to him...........

Its all about context............... the 4 officials have to be seen to be punished and removed  for a while.

[/quote]

Actually, the referees and the FA do want it. They''ve even petitioned FIFA to start trials and to get it implemented.

But FIFA are having none of it. Far too costly, apparently, so they''re going down the 4 linesmen route instead.

Personally (and I know I''m perhaps in the minority here) I''m against video in football for a number of reasons:

Firstly can you imagine the farce it would be when they show the replay is shown to the crowd? ''And now the video replay sponsored by JVC and Sony in the community''. That followed by a some half hearted ooohs by the crowd while they wait for the decision. To me that''s not what football is about. The game should (and I know sometimes it doesn''t) speak for itself, without ''artificial'' excitement).

Secondly levels in football are on an incriment i.e the worst team in the country can in theory be promotedto the top of the Premier (unlike in cricket for example). So where''s the cut off point for technology?

Lastly, what else would we have to talk about? Seriously, controvosy is what football is about!

I''m going to get a glass of water after that.... :-)

I don''t think video is the way forward, but goal-line technology - microchips in the ball, etc - is already well in development and would be a lot cheaper than hiring an extra two bodies for however many hundreds of games are played each weekend!Oh, and Warnock didn''t get punished because he was right and it would drag the affair out unnecessarily.  They would probably have had words about his questioning the integrity of Brizzle''s players and manager, though... as usual Warnock manages to make a controversy even more unsavoury...

[quote user="Panic"]Personally (and I know I''m perhaps in the minority here) I''m against video in football for a number of reasons: Firstly can you imagine the farce it would be when they show the replay is shown to the crowd? ''And now the video replay sponsored by JVC and Sony in the community''. That followed by a some half hearted ooohs by the crowd while they wait for the decision. To me that''s not what football is about. The game should (and I know sometimes it doesn''t) speak for itself, without ''artificial'' excitement). Secondly levels in football are on an incriment i.e the worst team in the country can in theory be promotedto the top of the Premier (unlike in cricket for example). So where''s the cut off point for technology? Lastly, what else would we have to talk about? Seriously, controvosy is what football is about! I''m going to get a glass of water after that.... :-)[/quote]

We could do what they do in tennis and cricket and argue about wether the technolgy is good enough or accurate enough

to do what they say it is doing!! 

Never understood why  defending players who clearly see a ball has crossed the line but don''t own up to it, aren''t charged with "bringing the game into disrepute". I appreciate that in the heat of the action it is possible to be genuinely unsure, but remember that Spurs-goal-that-wasn''t a few seasons back? If the objective of the game is to score goals, isn''t a refusal to accept one has obviously been scored making a mockery of the game? Warnock would probably be in the bottom 10 managers I would like to see at Carrow Rd - but on this occasion he was absolutely right. The sooner we have goal line technology the better. Too much is at stake now,

[quote user="Brendan"]

He wasnt punished...

[/quote]

WHOOOOOSH!!!!