Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Let battle commence: Colchester and Norwich "six figures apart" over compensation

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]well they got 3pts they should be happy and know thier place ![/quote]

Sitting firmly above you in the league. We will rinse you for all you;ve got. I hear you have about £100k left so looks like your going out of business :)

[quote user="domingo little oakley"]Wow some really classy comments on here from Massive City. We will take you to the cleaners, and rightly so. All the best in League Two.[/quote]

lol you should be a commedian

I''m quite pleased, looks like we''ve really pissed off a few of the Col U fans. Good [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]I''m quite pleased, looks like we''ve really pissed off a few of the Col U fans. Good [:D]
[/quote]

Same, a few years ago when we asked permission to talk to tilson, southend denied us and we just went away

Now Colchester reject permission and we just carry on anyway! 

We''re now a "Dirty Club" because we appointed someone else manager!

We managed to swindle £400k from Hull for Phil Parkinson when he resigned as boss to take up the reigns at the KC.

Its still a little strange that you wanted to appoint him as manager before approaching him for an interview. Begs the question was he tapped up?

Its a strange one, but I can see us looking for a figure in the region of £500-£600k for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa.

I presume that in such cases you have to pay the "loss suffered" by colchester.I have had many members of staff bugger off for better jobs unless its a major project its not really worth bothering with.I would think a years wages for each will be the figure or balance of contract + incurred loses.Or we can just mess them about until we either get promoted or go into admin.

[quote user="Hackneys Carriage"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]well they got 3pts they should be happy and know thier place !
[/quote] Sitting firmly above you in the league. We will rinse you for all you;ve got. I hear you have about £100k left so looks like your going out of business :)[/quote]

Ha ha - tiny little London overspill [:D]

[quote user="Terry Fied that his mum and sister are cheating on him"]Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated. That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.[/quote]

I suppose the fact that you can apparently read and write gives you huge superiority complex in your neck of the woods doesn''t it. Or did your probation officer help you draft it? [:)] 

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated. That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.[/quote]

Aren''t you a scummer?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated. That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.[/quote]

Aren''t you a scummer?

[/quote]

That''s what I thought

What legnth of conract was Lambert on when he was with Colchester? If it was the 1 year rolling deal, then we have to pay a year''s salary I guess? So let''s say that about 100k? The surely we shouldn''t have to pay compensation for Culverhouse and Karsa because we never approached them? They resigned because the manager left? Similarly it cannot have been an illegal approach made to Lambert if Colchester gave him permission to speak to us...

As one of your more enlightened posters pointed out, you''ve got Lambert and we''ll get some compensation, let''s move on.

Simon Grayson''s move to Leeds from Blackpool was reasonably similar to this situation - It ended up at an FA tribunal (5 months after the move) the compensation Leeds ended up paying to Blackpool was not disclosed - both clubs made statements saying they were happy with the outcome - well they would, wouldn''t they.

I would imagine that if our two clubs fail to reach an agreement between themselves, it''ll go to the FA.

Whatever happens I doubt whether any figures will ever be published.

At last, some common sense from jibbajabba, these things happen in life, rightly or wrongly, let''s move on.

It seems that many Col U fans are pleased to be rid of PL, yet want the Earth in compensation, which seems slightly illogical.

And why, exactly, is it a "battle?" Col U obviously feel some injustic at losing their manager and now seemingly want their pound of flesh. Good luck to them, I say, but it takes two sides to be reasonable in order to agree compensation. You want as much cash as possible, we want to pay as little as possible. That''s the way it works.