Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Let battle commence: Colchester and Norwich "six figures apart" over compensation

Interesting situation, what happens if Col U refuse any ''compensation'', can he take up the post until this is agreed?

Looks like Colchester are playing greedy beggars.  The report may come across all nicey nice but I bet they are pushing for far more than the whole thing is worth, and a clause that we can not sign any of their players is ridiculous, that would have to be in breach of league regulations and fair competition.I can only see McNally getting his own way to be honest, Col U will have to deal with this situation and move on, otherwise it could cause them a lot of problems in the near future, it''s not good to leave these things rumble on.

[quote user="OTBC"]Interesting situation, what happens if Col U refuse any ''compensation'', can he take up the post until this is agreed?
[/quote]

If the clubs can''t agree it will got to the FA. It doesn''t affect him taking up his post.

Colchester are obviously scared, trying to put in a cause to prevent us from signing any of their players until the end of the season.

I am bemused;  do NCFC owe him anything if he resigned??? 

Can see why Lambert etc would for breaching their contract of employment.

Or is there just a gentlemans agreement around these things - what goes around comes around??

[quote user="Terry Fied"]I hope Colchester take you to the cleaners it''s what a dirty club like yours deserve.[/quote]

NO ONE LIKES US? - HOORAY!!

Of course you don''t count seeing as you''re a binner . . . [:P]

[quote user="Terry Fied"]I hope Colchester take you to the cleaners it''s what a dirty club like yours deserve.[/quote]Thanks Tezza - we''ve spent the past ten years being the softest touch in professional football (''Hello, Mr Agent. You''d like a buy-out clause? Why, of course? Is there any other way we can help you line your own pocket?'') and when we finally grow a pair and behave like every other club you label us dirty. It just doesn''t seem fair...

"what was the outcome of the Palace - Dowie - Charlton situation again? And are there similarities?"

Dowie lost (rightly so IMO)

Not sure there are similarities as Jordan agreed to let Dowie go on the basis that he wanted to be near his family and not work in London...then he turns up at Charlton a short while later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-461943/Dowie-facing-1m-Charlton-lies.html

a teeny bit off topic but, look at the state of the colchester ''conference room'' in the pic on the link above, it appears to be a folded up old white table cloth..compared to our pretty pro looking conference room. we really are 6 figures apart!

Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated.

That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated.

That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.[/quote]justice like going into administration and receiving no points deduction and ruining a few local businesses.

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated.

That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.[/quote]Justice would be the liquidation of your filthy little club and total reimbursment of all that lost money to the small business owners and local companies that lost out when your greedy little mitts ended up in administration.Go back down the A140 and roll around in the rubbish that covers your disgusting little town. Or go murder some prostitutes/race some tractors, whatever you inbred scum like to do to fill your free time.

F''in hell mate.. im as much of a canary fan as you but , maybe you need to chill out a bit on insults like that. you never know who might be reading...

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Hopefully Colchester will achieve promotion and Norwich will be relegated. That at least would prove there is still some justice iin this world.[/quote]

You''re a total tw.at, and you know it you sh.it kicker.

At last our club has got some bollocks!!!I am beginning to like this McNally! Poor little Colchester being picked on by a big club like Norwich.How good does that sound.All the previous failings are coming to light all of a sudden. How crap was our previous CEO!

[quote user="nu_matik"]F''in hell mate.. im as much of a canary fan as you but , maybe you need to chill out a bit on insults like that. you never know who might be reading...[/quote]

That’s OK no more than can be expected from the despicable supporters of an equally despicable club.

[quote user="Terry Fied"][quote user="nu_matik"]F''in hell mate.. im as much of a canary fan as you but , maybe you need to chill out a bit on insults like that. you never know who might be reading...[/quote]

That’s OK no more than can be expected from the despicable supporters of an equally despicable club.[/quote]In case you didn''t notice, that was also a City fan who pulled him up on it.Dipsh*t.Now toddle along back to your messageboard and carry on your discussions about how long it''ll be till the mad Irishman gets sectioned.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Looks like Colchester are playing greedy beggars.  The report may come across all nicey nice but I bet they are pushing for far more than the whole thing is worth, and a clause that we can not sign any of their players is ridiculous, that would have to be in breach of league regulations and fair competition.I can only see McNally getting his own way to be honest, Col U will have to deal with this situation and move on, otherwise it could cause them a lot of problems in the near future, it''s not good to leave these things rumble on.[/quote]

Hmmm, Hull thought the same and we took them to the cleaners over Parky, including a season-long embargo on coming back for any players.

You keep kidding yourselves, while we put an even bigger dent in your transfer budget.

Up the U''s

Oh diddums Wessex exile, stuff like this happens, get over it. And as for being smug about Hull, just remind me - where they are at the moment?!

As to an embargo on your players, I guess that will mean having to deal with the other 90-odd professional clubs. What a hardship.

Yes you might get some ££ off us but so what. At the end of the day we''ve got the asset, which is the manager you seem to love so much.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Oh diddums Wessex exile, stuff like this happens, get over it. And as for being smug about Hull, just remind me - where they are at the moment?! As to an embargo on your players, I guess that will mean having to deal with the other 90-odd professional clubs. What a hardship. Yes you might get some ££ off us but so what. At the end of the day we''ve got the asset, which is the manager you seem to love so much.[/quote]

Certainly Lambert was well liked by the majority of supporters (but not all) but there is no doubt this end that you have breached Football Regulation 20 (iii) so you either pay up a negotiated settlement or we take you to a tribunal.

If the tribunal decide in Colchester''s favour it is a hefty fine and/or a possible points deduction for an illegal approach.  You decide.

There''s no diddums this end from me.  Look forward to seeing how our new Manager gets on (whoever it is) just like you.