Sign in to follow this  
BigGreenStoppingMachine

OT: Shane Supple quits football

[

Sorry, but I have nothing but respect for the guy, scummer or not. How easy is it to see out your contract and rinse the club your at? Winston Bogarde is a case in point.

This decision takes alot of balls, I''m not sure I could have done it!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="BarmyY army"]

Scum keeper quits job I''m sure all of us would kill for!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/8211586.stm

[/quote]what a tit.....must be hard not liking the game and getting paid very very well for it...oh dear[/quote]

He''ll be back in love with it when he realises what a hard world of employment it is outside of football. That''s a young age to make this kind of decision.

I agree, how many people have stayed in crap jobs because of the money, lets face it he was highly rated so would have made a very nice living off the game. Fair play to the bloke it does take a lot of guts to make a decisoon like that.

What an absolute fool. I regret now not playing for the school team or a local club. He will regret it when he realises how much of fortune he could have made. He will end up bored in an office job not even getting paid half what he would have playing for Ipswich.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]What an absolute fool. I regret now not playing for the school team or a local club. He will regret it when he realises how much of fortune he could have made. He will end up bored in an office job not even getting paid half what he would have playing for Ipswich.[/quote]Why is he a fool? Owen Garvan was homesick and wanted to quit football at one point when he''s probably too good for us! I have nothing but respect for him, I''m sure 90% of footballers would like to sit on the bench and play a handful of games a season for £1 million a year or so! Okay he may regret it but he can always come back to football and he''s shown guts to want to grit it out in the real world. Money isn''t everything.

Many years ago a Wolves forward, partner of Derek Dougan, just upped and packed the game in to become a canvasser for the Jehovah''s Witnesses. I forget his name but he was a young but established player with definite England potential. So shocked was Bill McGarry that he kept his position open with the club convinced he''d return but he never did. I admire those who know themselves well enough to put their psychological well being above financial reward.

Good luck to the lad. 

Huge respect for him for taking this decision. He was a very good goalkeeper apart from anything so had an easy career lined up for years.

Many of us would love a chance at his job, but maybe he''d love a chance at some of the jobs we do?

The best of luck to him.

I''ve got nothing but respect for the lad for being so honest with his decision. The game isn''t what it used to be years ago and for footballers is based around money, greed, fast cars, designer labels and women hanging off their arms.

If this lad doesn''t like what he sees and doesn''t want that kind of life then good luck to him.

Strange decision but fair play to him.. I hope it''s not something he changes his mind about and regrets though. You know, when he doesn''t have to be in Ipswich and near Roy Keane every day.

But as he says, there''s more to life than football, especially if he comes from Ireland and left his family, friends etc.

A job is only one part of your life; family, a relationship, fitting in with your surroundings and being happy are others.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve got nothing but respect for the lad for being so honest with his decision. The game isn''t what it used to be years ago and for footballers is based around money, greed, fast cars, designer labels and women hanging off their arms.

If this lad doesn''t like what he sees and doesn''t want that kind of life then good luck to him.

[/quote]Yeah - why would anyone want that type of life? Especially at such a young age. Harsh world we live in.