I know theres another thread on this but if Wes is to leave for Swansea then I''m seriously considering packing in going, for me he has been one of the very, very few bright spots for us this season, even at Colchester he always wanted the ball and looks to make things happen. Considering Lambert signed him and Livingston then you though it could really work with them 2 and if we r selling to fund Lambert, Culverhouse and that random bloke who no-ones quite sure will b doing its simply not good enough!!!

Go then, you''re obviously not a true supporter if you leave when we sell a player. Not sure if you''ve realised but the club is struggling financially

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]People keep on saying how they''ll up and leave if the club does ''x''. I''m not sure I believe any of them.[/quote]I remember Chase saying similar

I had on very good authority 2 weeks ago that Wes was going nowhere in this transfer window. The appointment of Paul Lambert has certianly not changed this. Wes has a lot of respect for his new Manager as he gave Wes the opportunity to progress to a higher level, so i am reading into this that there is nothing doing.

Why would he leave to go to Swansea and another Championship relegation struggle. IMO they are nailed on to be relegated this season.

How many supporters stopped suporting Manure because Ronaldo left?

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[/quote]

Probably quite a lot, knowing those lot from Surrey

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

I had on very good authority 2 weeks ago that Wes was going nowhere in this transfer window. The appointment of Paul Lambert has certianly not changed this. Wes has a lot of respect for his new Manager as he gave Wes the opportunity to progress to a higher level, so i am reading into this that there is nothing doing.

Why would he leave to go to Swansea and another Championship relegation struggle. IMO they are nailed on to be relegated this season.

[/quote]Did the authority suggest that the reason for him not going anywhere in this transfer window was because the club did not think that the offers put in for him so far were high enough. Alternatively, does he just not want to go?.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[/quote]

Probably quite a lot, knowing those lot from Surrey

[/quote]

Ye suppose. Most of them probably bunch of glory hunters and now fear they won''t win the league.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[/quote]And look how well they''re doing this season

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote]

But that was before you sacked Bryan Gunn.  Gunn was the person who persuaded him to stay with you against all the continuing advice of his agent.

I still fail to see what Wesley adds to the team. He''s not the right sort of player for us, he spends too much time on the ball and just slows things down too much. He can''t defend, just like Mr Huckerby, but at least Hucks had an end product. Any money is good money in my opinion.

Thanks for the blasting eveyone.

How anyone can think he doesn''t add anything is beyond me but hey never mind lets get a team full of players like Gill who really want to play for us but aren''t good enough!!!! Bring your boots with u all on Sat, if we start selling best players we may all get a game soon.

As for comparing it to the Man U / Ronaldo situation then I would be quite happy for Wes to go if we sign Owen.

Wot a joke!!!!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]People keep on saying how they''ll up and leave if the club does ''x''. I''m not sure I believe any of them.
[/quote]

Surely the evidence is in how many did not renew season-tickets. While I have not stopped supporting the club, I have decided to go less often due to the releasing of Hucks and the selling of our better players such as Croft and Clinghan, and selling Wes just further reinforces and justifies my decision even more.  

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[/quote]

Yeah but we haven''t exactly got another dozen players worth £10m or more have we?

[quote user="Billabong"]The only player to play under Lambert and he wants out before a ball is kicked - read into that what you will[/quote]You don''t know that do you? Could just be that his visit to Swansea was part of the west country sojourn last week - ie arranged under Gunn''s tenure and no doubt with the full agreement of McNally - but that since Lambert''s arrival Hoolahan has decided to stay put. If he liked working under Lambert  at Livingston I would have thought he would want to give it a few games more before jumping ship.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]People keep on saying how they''ll up and leave if the club does ''x''. I''m not sure I believe any of them.
[/quote]

Surely the evidence is in how many did not renew season-tickets. While I have not stopped supporting the club, I have decided to go less often due to the releasing of Hucks and the selling of our better players such as Croft and Clinghan, and selling Wes just further reinforces and justifies my decision even more.  

[/quote]He hasn''t gone yet and I certainly hope he doesn''t go.

If we sell him, it will look as if we have given up all ambition, and promises of going for promotion this year laughable.After supporting for 60 years, this will be the final straw for me. I shall start supporting a team near where I live.

tbh I''ve always been sceptical that he''d still be here at 5pm on September 1st, despite all the "I want to stay" and "he''s going nowhere" posturing in the press. 

[quote user="Salopian"]If we sell him, it will look as if we have given up all ambition, and promises of going for promotion this year laughable.

After supporting for 60 years, this will be the final straw for me. I shall start supporting a team near where I live.
[/quote]

We''ve said the same, this season then that''s it if this club shows no ambition, we shall not be renewing next season.  Don''t get me wrong NC is in our blood, but the board aren''t, they are nothing to us, and in fact my hatred towards them grows every day for how they are running our club into the ground.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I still fail to see what Wesley adds to the team. He''s not the right sort of player for us, he spends too much time on the ball and just slows things down too much. He can''t defend, just like Mr Huckerby, but at least Hucks had an end product. Any money is good money in my opinion.[/quote]

This so brasses me off. We had people on here saying Croft and Marshall were hopeless and we should let them go only to find them replaced by players so lacking in quality it takes the breath away. Who in hells name do you think we are going to bring in that will be better than Wes?

Having the money is no good. Look what we have done with the rebate cash!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I still fail to see what Wesley adds to the team. He''s not the right sort of player for us, he spends too much time on the ball and just slows things down too much. He can''t defend, just like Mr Huckerby, but at least Hucks had an end product. Any money is good money in my opinion.[/quote]

This so brasses me off. We had people on here saying Croft and Marshall were hopeless and we should let them go only to find them replaced by players so lacking in quality it takes the breath away. Who in hells name do you think we are going to bring in that will be better than Wes?

[/quote]The same is being said about Russell. Darren Eadie said after the 1st home game that we have got in Div 1 players to replace Championship ones and we have almost completed it if Hoolahan and Russell go. The quality has gone down.

I agree Tribes. I have been saying for a while that if we were still in the Championship everybody would be disappointed with all but 1 or 2 of the new signings.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]The same is being said about Russell. Darren Eadie said after the 1st home game that we have got in Div 1 players to replace Championship ones and we have almost completed it if Hoolahan and Russell go. The quality has gone down.

[/quote]

Because we are a League One team. Darren Eadie needs to wake up and realise that - as do you, it seems.

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

Because we are a League One team. Darren Eadie needs to wake up and realise that - as do you, it seems.

[/quote]

Will you still be saying the same next season if we get relegated?

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I am not suggesting that it wasn''t inevitable that we would have to get in Div 1 players. What I am inferring is that a lot of posters are saying that players such as Croft, Marshall, Hoolahan and Russell are not good enough and they should have been got rid of.

I say they were better than what we have got in.

Thought you would have understood that.