Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

OT: Anyone getting exam results tomorrow

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I did better than I expected. Absolutely delighted. Well on my way to getting into the Uni''s I want now [:)]I got two A''s (In Government & Politics and ICT) and two B''s (In English Language - and Film Studies which I''m dropping).

[/quote]Well done Shaun. I am very, very pleased for you. You deserve it. You worked hard.

I see Tom Adeyemi''s got 3 As in his AS levels (Evening News)

"He''s quick and skillful on the ball, got a brain the size of the Albert Hall, Adeyemi . . ."

[:)]

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I got two A''s (In Government & Politics and ICT) and two B''s (In English Language - and Film Studies which I''m dropping).[/quote]

You''ve done really well to get an A in ICT (assuming you do Edexcel?). The two exams were easy enough but I - and just about everyone I think - found the unit work a complete pain in the ar*e. Didn''t help with the shambolic standard of teaching in our ICT department but it just seemed really hard to get beyond low 40''s out of 60 on any of them. A lot of our units got moderated down too looking at the results.
[/quote]

Mate I did ICT at A-Level, and finished on an E last year. The tests were shambolic as they were the easiest tests you could ever imagine, yet the style of marking was ridiculous. We would go through past papers in class and easily get Bs or Cs, yet obviously the markers saw differently. The coursework was also a joke, we were dropped 2 grades from what our teacher told us to our final c/work grade once it was marked again.

To be honest, it''s a terrible course. If anyone here is choosing A Level subjects, is thinking about picking ICT and knows their centre does Edexcel - I would recommend you don''t. It''s all orientated towards meeting vague criteria rather than actually teaching anything new. I could count the amount of new things I learnt from it in two years on one hand.