Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

OT: Anyone getting exam results tomorrow

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]The burning question: anybody coming to the UEA and plan to spend some of their grant on a season ticket? [;)][/quote]Grants?! I would have been delighted if grants were still about 7 years ago - don''t tell me they''ve been reinstated!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]The burning question: anybody coming to the UEA and plan to spend some of their grant on a season ticket? [;)][/quote]I already have. [:P]My results were ABCC in the end, just below the offer but I''ve been sent a letter inviting me to a "party" (in the middle of a Monday afternoon) for new maths students, so I''m in. [:)]

I''m really happy with mine :D (AS results) got A in three exams i think overall (it doesn''t give a AS gradem just the grades for exams) i got 3 Bs and a C so i''m happy :D

I worried more about GCSE''s when i was in year 8 than i did this year. Now i get to worry about the college interview [:D]

Grades didn''t go particularly well. Fell well below my estimation, but my attendance was admittedly awful this year, so worse things could of happened.Got to focus next year, sort my attendance out, push up my grades, and hopefully i''ll get a fairly decent set of results for a university application.[Y]Probably fall a little short of getting to UEA though, which is a bit gutting for me. [*-)]

[quote user="John"]Grades didn''t go particularly well. Fell well below my estimation, but my attendance was admittedly awful this year, so worse things could of happened.Got to focus next year, sort my attendance out, push up my grades, and hopefully i''ll get a fairly decent set of results for a university application.[Y]Probably fall a little short of getting to UEA though, which is a bit gutting for me. [*-)][/quote]Chin upJohn, there''s always resits. I was going to be boring and go to the UEA but i missed my offer by 1 grade, and because the course is full i''m now in clearing [:|] Essex here i come i think

Don''t matter what results i get, i will be playing for Chelsea and a couple years time. :P

Got my results today for A2''s. Got B,C,D. Delighted because i only needed 200 Ucas points but got 240 so got in easily to Sheffield Hallam to do Sport events management and marketing :) Massive night out tonight!!

Forgot to mention how frustrated i was we got relegated even more so that i could have watched sooo many away games around the Sheffield area.. Doncaster,Nottingham,Derby, Sheff weds, Sheff utd, Leicester, Peterborough. Such a shame :(

[quote user="John"]Grades didn''t go particularly well. Fell well below my estimation, but my attendance was admittedly awful this year, so worse things could of happened.Got to focus next year, sort my attendance out, push up my grades, and hopefully i''ll get a fairly decent set of results for a university application.[Y]Probably fall a little short of getting to UEA though, which is a bit gutting for me. [*-)][/quote]Better to muck it up at As and buck your ideas up, (and maybe lower your university sights slightly) than to muck up your A2s and have to resit or miss out on where you want to go.**A resit or two of your worse modules may be a good idea though iof the january exam timetable is not that big.

Well I got 3 As and a C. My AS''s so I''ll carry on the 3 As and hopefully do well next year. Well done everyone who got into the uni they were hoping for :)

I got an A (Media Studies) and two B''s (History, Sociology). Could have done better in the latter two if I hadn''t had a disastrous exam in each.

For those at AS worrying about results, my first 5 exams of Year 12, I got results of; U, U, E, D and C

Admittedly the 2 U''s and an E were in a subject I despised and dropped, but the latter were for Media and History - shows you can turn it round!

I said earlier I''d changed my plans and was having a year out. But my Form Tutor urged me to go this year so much I flipped a coin for it (why not live by risks!?!) and am now going to Chester if I can get things sorted in time.

Well done to everyone who got what they wanted, and like I said, it is FAR from the end of the world if you didn''t!

I did better than I expected. Absolutely delighted. Well on my way to getting into the Uni''s I want now [:)]
I got two A''s (In Government & Politics and ICT) and two B''s (In English Language - and Film Studies which I''m dropping).

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I got two A''s (In Government & Politics and ICT) and two B''s (In English Language - and Film Studies which I''m dropping).[/quote]You''ve done really well to get an A in ICT (assuming you do Edexcel?). The two exams were easy enough but I - and just about everyone I think - found the unit work a complete pain in the ar*e. Didn''t help with the shambolic standard of teaching in our ICT department but it just seemed really hard to get beyond low 40''s out of 60 on any of them. A lot of our units got moderated down too looking at the results.

For those that got a U in their AS results: a lot of  U marks were incorrectly given and updated marks were sent out to centres around 3pm so if you got your mark before this it might be worth checking. this is a copy of an email i got sent from a colleague:"The AS results were all wrong- we got an updated version at 3pm - lots of U grades weren''t U grades but D grades"hope this may help some of you

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I got two A''s (In Government & Politics and ICT) and two B''s (In English Language - and Film Studies which I''m dropping).[/quote]

You''ve done really well to get an A in ICT (assuming you do Edexcel?). The two exams were easy enough but I - and just about everyone I think - found the unit work a complete pain in the ar*e. Didn''t help with the shambolic standard of teaching in our ICT department but it just seemed really hard to get beyond low 40''s out of 60 on any of them. A lot of our units got moderated down too looking at the results.
[/quote]

Cheers. But I think my ICT was OCR.