Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

OT: Anyone getting exam results tomorrow

Good luck everyone, i remember getting my gcse results, my a-levels and my degree result and now im a teacher (makes me feel old!)

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

For the people planning on going uni, where are you all hoping to go?

Shaun what are you wanting to study?

[/quote]

Journalism, or a similar subject such as Media and Communication studies. I''ve always wanted to be a Journalist.

What about you?

[quote user="Mason 47"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Aruskinncfc"]Thanks.Gonna need it, as i''ve taken Law, History, Psychology and English Language...What time are most people getting them?[/quote]9.30am for me.My subjects were Maths (need an A) and Chem, ICT and Physics (needs two Bs from those). None are certainties, could go either way!All the best to everyone else. [Y][/quote]

ABB - exactly what I need from the 3 subjects I''m keeping (Government&Politics, ICT and English Language).

Where do you want to go? My first choice at the minute is Sheffield. Others include Leicester, Leeds, Newcastle, Loughborough, etc.

[/quote]If you choose Leicester, and I am assuming you mean the real one, not DMU then you will not regret it, I guarantee it.[/quote]

You wouldnt happen to have a considered opinion on DMU, would you?

Havnt found many opportunities for one of those, is all.

[/quote]One of my best mates actually went there, depending on what you want to do it isn''t a bad uni at all, I''m just biased because the rivalry between Leicester and DMU is pretty fierce.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Aruskinncfc"]Thanks.
Gonna need it, as i''ve taken Law, History, Psychology and English Language...
What time are most people getting them?[/quote]

9.30am for me.

My subjects were Maths (need an A) and Chem, ICT and Physics (needs two Bs from those). None are certainties, could go either way!

All the best to everyone else. [Y]
[/quote]

ABB - exactly what I need from the 3 subjects I''m keeping (Government&Politics, ICT and English Language).

Where do you want to go? My first choice at the minute is Sheffield. Others include Leicester, Leeds, Newcastle, Loughborough, etc.

[/quote]

If you choose Leicester, and I am assuming you mean the real one, not DMU then you will not regret it, I guarantee it.
[/quote]

Yep. The real University of Leicester - lol. I absolutely loved it when I went to have a look around. It''s currently my first choice but I suspect Sheffield will overtake it as I have not yet been to see Sheffield.

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

UEA. Before anyone screams "you boring sod" I should probably point out I don''t live in Norwich (or anywhere that close), the maths department there is very decent and it means I can have a season ticket (woohoo, lucky me [:(])

I didn''t actually apply anywhere else - I know I know, that makes me weird too. If I don''t get the grades and I can''t talk them into taking me I''d sooner do some exams again and re-apply next year than go somewhere I''m not interested in.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I definately did not want to go to the UEA but that''s only because I didn''t want to stay in Norwich. I wanted to move and experience life somewhere else. But if you don''t live in Norwich - then fair play [Y]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Aruskinncfc"]Thanks.Gonna need it, as i''ve taken Law, History, Psychology and English Language...What time are most people getting them?[/quote]9.30am for me.My subjects were Maths (need an A) and Chem, ICT and Physics (needs two Bs from those). None are certainties, could go either way!All the best to everyone else. [Y][/quote]

[/quote]If you choose Leicester, and I am assuming you mean the real one, not DMU then you will not regret it, I guarantee it.[/quote]

Yep. The real University of Leicester - lol. I absolutely loved it when I went to have a look around. It''s currently my first choice but I suspect Sheffield will overtake it as I have not yet been to see Sheffield.

[/quote]The best three years of my life, I wish I was going back next year.  I hope you get in mate, it is seriously amazing, although the Union is shut next year for complete renovation which is a bit of a bummer.  If you get in and stay in halls try and get into Beaumont, bloody brilliant.

I am currently at Loughborough (3rd year) studying Politics and Business Management, but like yourself, the idea of Journalism is the route I want to go down. So I''m currently debating doing a 1 yr course at Harlow College next year or not.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Aruskinncfc"]Thanks.
Gonna need it, as i''ve taken Law, History, Psychology and English Language...
What time are most people getting them?[/quote]

9.30am for me.

My subjects were Maths (need an A) and Chem, ICT and Physics (needs two Bs from those). None are certainties, could go either way!

All the best to everyone else. [Y]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you choose Leicester, and I am assuming you mean the real one, not DMU then you will not regret it, I guarantee it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The best three years of my life, I wish I was going back next year.  I hope you get in mate, it is seriously amazing, although the Union is shut next year for complete renovation which is a bit of a bummer.  If you get in and stay in halls try and get into Beaumont, bloody brilliant.
[/quote]

Thanks [Y] When I had a look around, John-Foster halls was the accomodation that really stood out for me (I think that was the one) I thought it was excellent. The student village is so nice and modern. And that''s fine - because I won''t be here this year. Got my A levels to do this year and I''ll be off to Uni next - ready for the union to be open [:)]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I am currently at Loughborough (3rd year) studying Politics and Business Management, but like yourself, the idea of Journalism is the route I want to go down. So I''m currently debating doing a 1 yr course at Harlow College next year or not.[/quote]

After university I''m probably going to do an NCTJ (I think that''s the abbreviation) course. It''s 6 months or something and it is really highly regarded by employers in that industry as it teaches you how to really be a journalist. So I''ve heard.

Getting my AS results tomorrow! [:|]English Language, Modern History, Philosophy and Fine Art...

Attendance was really something poor this year. Was predicted B in all my subjects, but can''t say i''d be surprised if i''ve knocked that down a fair bit.Felt confident with most of what i did during the exams, but expecting to be brought crashing back down to to earth again tomorrow.Oh well, i''ll soon see... Hang on, off to the lavatory. [+o(]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

For the people planning on going uni, where are you all hoping to go?

Shaun what are you wanting to study?

[/quote]

Journalism, or a similar subject such as Media and Communication studies. I''ve always wanted to be a Journalist.

What about you?

[/quote]

Getting A2''s tomorrow for History, Sociology and (the soft option supposedly!) Media Studies.

Was going to Uni this year (Chester) but now I''m having a year out and possibly going elsewhere.

I''m planning on a Journalism course as well! That or History, and at a push Film/TV.

Good luck everyone!

anyone going into their first year of uni, make the most of it and seize every oppurtinity to get off your tits, you only get 1 freshers year!

English Lit+Lang, Business Studies, Film Studies and Biology AS''s for me tomorrow. Biology has been a shambles the entire year for one reason or another so Im not so bothered about what I get in that. Cant remember any official predictions but I know it was agreed between me and subject teachers that I often do pretty good under test conditions.

It''ll be what it is, I guess. Good luck everyone.

UCAS Track says I''m in. Phew, makes going to get results a hell of a lot easier.

[quote user="PBTC"]UCAS Track says I''m in. Phew, makes going to get results a hell of a lot easier.[/quote]

Congratulations! Same with me. Would be off to Chester for Journalism and History if I hadn''t changed my plans. Will have to wait a year now!

Was very nervous about results but now the whole idea of getting them isn''t so bad.

AS results for me too. I''m not someone who tends to worry too much - although i know i struggled at Law, hopefully ICT and History went alright.

Good luck guys and gals. We''ve all been there, hope they''re exactly what you want and need. [Y]

Well good luck to everyone but if things don''t work out, don''t worry. It''s not the end of the World. I''m retired now but I failed the 11 Plus, have had no qualifications whatsoever and yet I''ve had an interesting, extremely well paid & rewarding career. I''ve always found that common sense, ambition and desire account for a lot more than a piece of paper that says you can pass a few exams.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well good luck to everyone but if things don''t work out, don''t worry. It''s not the end of the World. I''m retired now but I failed the 11 Plus, have had no qualifications whatsoever and yet I''ve had an interesting, extremely well paid & rewarding career. I''ve always found that common sense, ambition and desire account for a lot more than a piece of paper that says you can pass a few exams.[/quote]I''m going to bear that in mind if the worst happens next week [Y]Cheers for that [:)]

I passed my National Diploma in electrical and electronic engineering but i havent recieved the certificates today, they better hurry up

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Making Plans"]Well good luck to everyone but if things don''t work out, don''t worry. It''s not the end of the World. I''m retired now but I failed the 11 Plus, have had no qualifications whatsoever and yet I''ve had an interesting, extremely well paid & rewarding career. I''ve always found that common sense, ambition and desire account for a lot more than a piece of paper that says you can pass a few exams.[/quote]

I''m going to bear that in mind if the worst happens next week [Y]

Cheers for that [:)]
[/quote]

same!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well good luck to everyone but if things don''t work out, don''t worry. It''s not the end of the World. I''m retired now but I failed the 11 Plus, have had no qualifications whatsoever and yet I''ve had an interesting, extremely well paid & rewarding career. I''ve always found that common sense, ambition and desire account for a lot more than a piece of paper that says you can pass a few exams.[/quote]

Totally agree with you, although I left school with my A levels then went on to college, there is no experience finer than life, each day you learn new things that cannot be taught in a classroom.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well good luck to everyone but if things don''t work out, don''t worry. It''s not the end of the World. I''m retired now but I failed the 11 Plus, have had no qualifications whatsoever and yet I''ve had an interesting, extremely well paid & rewarding career. I''ve always found that common sense, ambition and desire account for a lot more than a piece of paper that says you can pass a few exams.[/quote]

Totally agree with you, although I left school with my A levels then went on to college, there is no experience finer than life, each day you learn new things that cannot be taught in a classroom.

[/quote]

That''s certainly true, WAY, but I don''t buy into the idea that if you''re a student then you don''t get to experience real life.  There are admittedly some sheltered little souls out there who rely on mummy and daddy for all their needs and never learn a thing in any respect, but my experience is that those are in the minority.

As a ''mature'' student - went straight into a job after A levels then quit aged 24 to study - I''ve come to know quite a few of the ''kids'', and whilst they''re usually very green, I''ve watched some of them grow into well-rounded young adults.  What they lack in experience, they generally make up for in enthusiasm (I''m not being rude here!).  They''re no more prone to outburst or embarassing themselves than I was at their age, selling my soul to the Company.

I''ve been through a lot myself over the years, and can''t discount the ''University of Life'' in shaping me, but going to uni was also the best decision I have ever made and I''m better prepared now for a job that I''ll enjoy when I graduate in a year''s time.  I guess it depends entirely on the individual.

My only tip would be to ensure that you''re doing something that''s going to inspire and keep your interest, and don''t be afraid to switch courses.  The extra expense will be worth it once you''re in a job you can enjoy and work hard at - its better than not enjoying yourself, getting a 2-2, and ending up working for peanuts in some random office job...

Most of all, though, have fun! Join societies, get to know as many people as possible, go out til 7am getting drunk the day before an assignment is due (but still get it done, obviously), explore your new home, experiment with sex, drugs and rock and roll and wake up in a pool of your own vomit*... because its the only chance you''ll get!

* I''ve not done all these things, obviously... [;)]