Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

Transfer Gossip

We have a new manager, a team of hopeless rubbish and only a few days till the transfer window closes, someone must have some decent transfer gossip????Shouts of Lisbie and Platt need not apply.Come on boys and girls enlighten us......

Hoolahan is off to Swansea........and expect more out the door as Lambert states there are too many in the first team squad.....and it needs thinning out.

He mentioned something about certain senior pros who have been around for a while without playing are likely to leave.

Thats got to be a not so thinly veiled threat at the likes of Stef / Lappin and Jamie Lad

[quote user="Mutley"]

He mentioned something about certain senior pros who have been around for a while without playing are likely to leave.

Thats got to be a not so thinly veiled threat at the likes of Stef / Lappin and Jamie Lad

[/quote]Perhaps I misheard but didn''t Dejan have his contract terminated before the season began? [*-)]I have a feeling Drury might be off too. [:|]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mutley"]

[/quote]Perhaps I misheard but didn''t Dejan have his contract terminated before the season began? [*-)]I have a feeling Drury might be off too. [:|][/quote]No, I think the management staff were discussing it (read haggling over compo) with Dejan, last we heard?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mutley"]

[/quote]

Perhaps I misheard but didn''t Dejan have his contract terminated before the season began? [*-)]

I have a feeling Drury might be off too. [:|]
[/quote]

hope not, is a great left back!!

I thought they were still negotiating, but could be wrong. I still quite like Deirdrie, hes not going to set the world alight but if his knees hold out he is easily up to league 1 standard. Whatever pittence of a transfer budget we have left could do with being spent elsewhere IMO.

[quote user="Mutley"]I thought they were still negotiating, but could be wrong. I still quite like Deirdrie, hes not going to set the world alight but if his knees hold out he is easily up to league 1 standard. Whatever pittence of a transfer budget we have left could do with being spent elsewhere IMO.[/quote]Depends if he is on massive wages - I know he took a cut, but it might still be a fairly large amount comparatively? Still, we wasted money on Nelson, and I expect there was a signing on fee involved there too.

How does Lambert get rid of players under contract, except by buying out their contracts (with money we can hardly afford)?It will perhaps be interesting to see which players he has in mind, and how quickly they go. Candidates: McV, Curo, and one or two of the youngsters.

[quote user="Salopian"]How does Lambert get rid of players under contract, except by buying out their contracts (with money we can hardly afford)?

It will perhaps be interesting to see which players he has in mind, and how quickly they go. Candidates: McV, Curo, and one or two of the youngsters.
[/quote]

At Colchester he just froze them out and/or sent them to train with the youth team.  He usually calls them in and tells them to get their agent to find them another club.  Whether he will do things differently your end I cannot say but I''m sure there will be a number out of the door.  He cut the Colchester squad and does not like working with a large pool of players.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Salopian"]How does Lambert get rid of players under contract, except by buying out their contracts (with money we can hardly afford)?

It will perhaps be interesting to see which players he has in mind, and how quickly they go. Candidates: McV, Curo, and one or two of the youngsters.
[/quote]

At Colchester he just froze them out and/or sent them to train with the youth team.  He usually calls them in and tells them to get their agent to find them another club.  Whether he will do things differently your end I cannot say but I''m sure there will be a number out of the door.  He cut the Colchester squad and does not like working with a large pool of players.

[/quote]Does he have Roeder tendencies then?.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Does he have Roeder tendencies then?.[/quote]

There are similarities, yes, in my opinion.  In terms of his own decisions he has the same sort of arrogance - not a bad thing in itself I suppose.  You can either call it arrogance or confidence in your own ability.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Does he have Roeder tendencies then?.[/quote]

There are similarities, yes, in my opinion.  In terms of his own decisions he has the same sort of arrogance - not a bad thing in itself I suppose.  You can either call it arrogance or confidence in your own ability.

[/quote]You may or may not remember what I thought about GR well before he left, we had altercation about it once.

Not round in circles I hope. Hmm [^o)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]You can either call it arrogance or confidence in your own ability.[/quote]

I think it''s considered confidence until he loses a couple of games, then it''s arrogance.

[quote user="San Miguel"]i think the word great to describe Drury is a bit ambitious. solid, ordinary, or consistent are better words for him.[/quote]

fair enough, but he is very cosistant!(sp)?

[quote user="barryevans"]

jordan henderson in - sunderland loan

hoolihan out- coventry 375k

[/quote]

If that was true i would cry!

If the manager thinks that 30 players is too big for the squad, then he will be looking to trim some of the wages down to allow him to get a couple of decent quality signings in before the end of August, i would imagine.  That said, I know nothing and no-one, so tend not to get gossip to pass on.