Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NCST launch Reach for the Stars Appeal

Norwich City Supporters Trust has been looking to mount a major drive for additional membership both individual and corporate and a definitive scheme was about to be launched. However, the mounting groundswell of fans desire to retain Darren Huckerby has presented an opportunity for us to take a different approach from that originally envisaged.

We as a Trust do not believe that sufficient monies could be raised for this specific player and in any event, for a whole host of reasons it may become impractical or undesirable to Norwich City Football Club. The Trust insists that all monies raised for the Football Club are exchanged for shares in the Club thus building toward our ultimate aim of holding sufficient shares for representation on the Board. We cannot and would not try to dictate how the Club uses these monies.

Whilst the signing of Huckerby may be highly desirable and a popular decision, we at the Trust do not wish to be directly associated with any campaign specifically aimed at any individual player. We have therefore devised an appeal name that provides a vehicle for fans wishing to give money but without making promises that cannot be achieved.

There has been a mounting groundswell in recent days from fans offering to help and Norwich City Supporters Trust are delighted to announce the launch of their "Reach For The Stars Appeal". Whilst signing any specific player may catch the imagination of the fans, for a whole host of reasons this may be neither possible or ultimately desirable by the Football Club.

For full details, go to the link below:

http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/Columns/NCST/2003/031002NCST.asp

Roger Durrant
NCST Chairman

At least one Supporter''s Group is doing something constructive. I was appalled at the comments made by Roy Blower, chairman of the Norwich City Independent Supporters Association. Ok, the points he presents are valid, but the way in which he said it was not right. "I am very angry with the people who are trying to hype up the possibility of getting Darren Huckerby here". I for one am not particulary bothered if someone in such a high status position as Ross or Roger Blower is angry at me. Neil Doncaster retained some tact whilst he ruled out the prospect of a fan funded transfer, why couldn''t Blower. Its enough to put you off joining the Independent Supporters Association.

I agree danny, Blower gets rite up my nose.. I think he thinks he is talking to little children and has the voice of all City fans....well he doesn''t have mine nor did when he supported Chase....

I am also appauled by the comments of Blower, how he got in his position he is in absolutely amazes me, maybe he could be elected out?, becasue he cerainly does NOT represent my views on the matter. I think it''s a disgrace what Blower said and he should Not be a representative for what he is.

Agreed...talk about a one mans opinion, and he is the mouth of the indepedant supporters association, I bet there are more than a few of them feeling somewhat let down by his adverse and blatently ignorant responce to US the Fans long term wishes, you have really inspired confidence in our hopes of signing Huckerby Mr Blower. Perhaps you need to move down the road to Suffolk they could do with more helpfull comments like yours.

more agreement here - anyone who supported Chase can never claim to be a representative voice of the fans.

Couldn''t agree more, I seriously would like to question the ''independent'' part of the title of this organisation! Independent from most fans I have spoken to anyway. Not all agree with me (and that''s okay) but at least those who don''t give us dreamers some respect, unlike these ''spokespeople'' who think they know it all, and of course, know better.

If I belonged to NCISA, I would expect Roy Blower to come up with something which reflects the feeling of the members of such; maybe it does, and that is quite frightening. Just because someone belongs to a group, does it make them more able (and more authoritive on a subject) than us as single minded fans?

The general feeling from Blower and the club is we don''t even need to think about it, it is just too much money, subsequently we have learnt that the price maybe not so high!!

I hope the club is going to take the possibility of signing Mr Magic seriously if they ever had a golden opportunity of getting out of Div 1, he is it.

Luckily, and this keeps me sane, I have a great deal of faith in Mr Worthington, and if he can pull this deal off - and I think he will - we will have the means for escape. Of course, some of you might say, what if?

What if he gets injured, that once he is here he falls asleep and drifts through games on 20 grand a week?

But what if he does what he has been doing and we go up!

Think about it Mr Blower, think about what could be - football is all about hope and dreams, we have swallowed quite enough of "we will be great in the future" and "let''s see what will happen if a+b =c etc, etc"

Well here''s a simple sum

Buy Hucks and you''ll fill that stand and we''ll go up - just suppose you aim for the top!