Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

East Anglian Footballers

I can never remember the name of the local player (never played for City) played for Charlton,  before that worked for Norwich Union,  packed in early because he had a mental illness.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"][quote user="JimRoyle"]Are you thinking about Sailor Brown?[/quote]No mate, it was around early 90s I think.[/quote]ITs what the interweb is for (and add Danny Mills)
Encyclopedia > Andy Hunt

Andy (Andrew) Hunt was a Professional Football player for 10 years in England, playing for Newcastle United, West Bromwich Albion and finally for Charlton Athletic, scoring 135 goals in 361 appearances for his respective teams. Including scoring at Wembley Stadium

in West Bromwich Albion''s promotion season (1992/1993), plus finishing

league top scorer in Charltons Division 1 Championship season

(1999/2000).

West Bromwich Albion Football Club is

an English football club formed by workers from Salters Spring Works in

West Bromwich, West Midlands in 1878. ...

Founded in 1905, Charlton Athletic F.C. play at The Valley, in Charlton, southeast London. ...

Old Wembley Stadium (1923-2000) Wembley

Stadium is a football stadium in Wembley, London, England, which is

currently being rebuilt. ...

Andy''s goal tally was 14 for Newcastle, 85 for WBA and 36

for Charlton Athletic. Previous to his soccer career Andy trained in

Business and Tourism Management, training he continued throughout his

time as a soccer player, completing 4 years of Formal Education in the

Tourism industry.

He also played for Kettering Town and Kings Lynn prior to turning professional. Kettering Town Football Club are an English football club based in Kettering, Northamptonshire. ...

Kings Lynn is a medium-sized town in Norfolk, England on the River Great Ouse. ...

He was forced to quit football in 2000 due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Andy now owns and manages the Belize Jungle Dome and an adventure

travel company in Belize, Central America with his wife, Ex-MTV

presenter Simone Angel. He also writes the Belize Jungle Dome Blog and his own personal blog

You sure? He went to schoool with my mother in hellesdon....

His brother was in my mothers class, and his dad was the head of pe.

I used to play u11/u13/u15 with Andy Hunt, he was the best player in the league each year, I remember him scoring a double hit-trick in one match we won 8-0.Another player that NCFC let slip by.

[quote user="Brendan"]You sure? He went to schoool with my mother in hellesdon....

His brother was in my mothers class, and his dad was the head of pe.[/quote]

Moved to Norwich when he was young, was brought up here and speaks with a norfolk accent: he counts in my book!

[quote user="Brendan"]You sure? He went to schoool with my mother in hellesdon....

His brother was in my mothers class, and his dad was the head of pe.[/quote]As another poster has mentioned, was pretty much brought up here, infact one of my old teachers used to hark on about how he pretty much saved Sutton''s career when he was rejected by a team (I think that may have Notts Forest) only for Sutton to get into the Norwich squad do quite well!Danny Mills went to Old Catton didn''t he? I once heard stories of a guy who kept him out of the under 12 Catton team, friend of my brother. This guy then went to try and play hockey...even Catton didn''t rate him.