Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

POTENTIAL

POTENTIAL HAS A SHELF LIFE

Worthy must ensure that Bentley understands this, and that if his output level is unsatisfactory he will be dropped.

We are back in the hardest & harshest end of the business now - the Premiership - with no room for sentiment or favours.

IF THEY''RE GOOD ENOUGH. THEY''RE OLD ENOUGH

Shackell, Henderson and Jarvis must be given their chances before half term to see if they can cut it this year.

OTBC.

Right on !

I agree we cannot survive on sentiment worthy has proved already that he understands this letting Malky go and dropping Helveg so I trust he will not play Bentley if he agrees with me that he is not coming up with the goods. (whether he does we will have to wait and see)

Any idea why Gary holt hasn''t been rested yet ?

Judging by the report on the latest reserves triumph it sounds as if Hendo is more than busting the proverbial gut to show what sort of form he''s in and how committed he is.  (As I reported last week he was a real livewire against Pompey reserves too).  Keep this up and it surely won''t be too long before Worthy gives him a run out.  He''ll certainly have earned a go!

BBB

Spot on.

I expect changes in the Bentley department this weekend. Whether its a bench start, or substitution if underperforming, don''t know.

I only hope there isn''t some clause, contractual or implied, as part of the loan agreement, that dictates he should play regardless.

Where does all this Bentley criticism come from? It seems one person has suggested he didn''t play well and everyone else just follows suit. I thought he had a good game. Not brilliant, but good. We always looked comfortable when he had posession of the ball and he''s probably the one player we''ve got who can crack it in from 30 yards out. In the Premiership, you need that ability.

Bentley will play against Villa as will the rest of the team who played against Spurs. Why change the team when they performed so well together?

I''m with you on this one Beds (not literally). He wasn''t perfect but did not let the side down, so I think he should play on Saturday.

Errr, what?

Bentley was NOT good at all. Ok, he looks not bad when he''s got it, but it''s a team game and he is playing for himself at the moment. I would rather see McSmall at the moment.

And as for the team that played so "well" on Saturday - I don''t agree. Huckerby played brilliantly, again, and we worked hard. The defence were awesome, as was the goalkeeper. But the midfield didn''t work at all.

We need a flat four, McVeigh on the left, Jonsson/Helveg on the right and Safri and Francis in the middle.

Oh, and we need to play BEFORE the second half too.