Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Peoples perception of NCFC.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]All I need to say is "let''s be havin'' you!" (hic)

[/quote]Sadly where I live it''s always as above followed by ''You used to be so good, I remember when you....... What happened''?

I will remember it as a reign of two phases. From when they took the reigns and guaranteed the club a level of stability that at that time none already at the club could offer up until the first season after relegation from the prem - infact possibly up until the purchase of Earnshaw. I believe they had found a good manager that was both inexpensive and reliable in results. When Ashton went they identified we needed a replacement and went for Earnshaw.The second phase is the one we find ourselves in now. Loosing Worthington and failing to replace him with a better manager cost us dearly. Two managers on the trott got rid of players without ever replacing them with players of the same quality. Safri, Earnshaw, Etuhu - in came Strihavka, Fotheringham and ''Le Judge''. Roeder did the same getting rid of all the target men at the club in Brown and Strihavka and never replacing them until Cort. From a distance it looks like Delia has actually taken a step away from the footballing side of things when in the past she was much closer to it, buying players for Rioch such as Ancelin and throwing money to the kitty for Huckerby.I think there is too much bad air between the majority share holders and a vocal section of the fans now to be healed and I think a lot of that is down to the poor managerial appointments over the last 4 seasons or so.

Agreed, most non NCFC supporters i know just feel sorry for us, which in my book is worse than being hated.

Often if a club hates you its because you are a rival. We don''t scare anyone anymore, hence the pity!

[quote user="chicken"]Delia has actually taken a step away from the footballing side of things when in the past she was much closer to it, buying players for Rioch such as Ancelin and throwing money to the kitty for Huckerby.

[/quote]

I think you will find Carl Moore funded Huckerby.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Agreed, most non NCFC supporters i know just feel sorry for us, which in my book is worse than being hated.

Often if a club hates you its because you are a rival. We don''t scare anyone anymore, hence the pity!

[/quote]

I feel sorry for us too. Its so depressing and no foreseeable light at the end of the tunnel.

Two wealthy , but not that wealthy, directors bankrolling the club and generating good off-field income. But none of that matters when you consistently appoint crap managers and waste all that money. Outsiders must wander why we ahve such loyal supporters.