Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rose of Texas

Season start (again) today

Just can''t see the top 2 as much as i want it.

5/6/7/8 Somewhere about there.

Think with confidence we are definitely capable of going on a big unbeaten run though, that could potentially lead to the top 2.

We need to win today to get that confidence back,i''m afraid at the moment we look nothing better than a league 1 mid table side but if PL can get them to gel and lift the gloom around Carrow Road we could easily string a few good wins together and be in the top 6 at the end of the season,the trouble is Norwich City and confidence seem to be a thing of the past,todays is a must win game in terms of lifting the spirits of us fans,a loss today will send a good few over the edge!!!

Thats the problem i think, most people will expect an immediate turn around. Can''t let Leeds and Charlton get much further ahead.

Hopefully the ''New Manager Syndrome'' will get us the first win today and hopefully by a couple of goals to get the old confidence up. It''s a tad early to say that we''re out the race for automatic promotion at this stage when we still have to play Leeds and Charlton twice but we''re certainly making it difficult for ourselves.Still, onwards and upwards. Best wishes Lambo!OTBC.

I honestly don''t expect a win today. Sorry to be so pessimistic but I''ll be mightily impressed if Lambert can inject enough organisation, direction and importantly - confidence into the squad so soon. 0 - 1. Bummer! Hope I''m as wrong as it''s possible to be.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Our season starts almost as frequently as threads on the subject[/quote]Exactly. This is the whole problem with Norwich City. We landmark false dawns all over the place as an excuse for pi$$ management of the club as a whole.Our season started a 3pm when we kicked off against Colchester. Yet again Norwich City is behind the pace.Stop kidding yourself that a miracle in round the corner. Win or lose today we don''t have the squad to mount the fairy tale promotion charge that Mr McNally say is our only goal. It everybody''s only bloody goal it''s the third tier of English football for Christ sake not the Premiership. It''s every team in this leagues goal.I''d have Gunn back tomorrow if it meant we have a decent transfer budget and wage structure. Lambert is a patsy, a smokescreen and attention diverter, a stooge. He ain''t a magician. 

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]......... I''d have Gunn back tomorrow if it meant we have a decent transfer budget and wage structure. Lambert is a patsy, a smokescreen and attention diverter, a stooge. He ain''t a magician. 

[/quote]Don''t agree here. It''s all to easy to blow a decent transfer budget if the manager''s useless.A decent manager is a prerequisite. I know things have changed a lot since those days, but I have never seen anything like Clough''s management at Notts. Forest. He built a top of the league team out of a bunch of no-hopers, has-beens & never-was''s.I''m not saying Lambert is in his class, but I do certainly know that Gunn wasn''t. I also suspect Lambert is more competent than Gunn.We''ll know soon enough.

I dont know how some people still think we have a chance of automatic promotion. When we first got relegated last season I thought we would be in another relegation fight this year. I still think we will be bottom half. We may have a manager with ''some'' experience now but we still have a mediocre squad and a board looking to sell several of our best players. Stop dreaming.