Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Paul Lambert

Is there anyone out there who would have wanted someone else as manager?  Now I''m learning about his record and the fact that he is clearly an up and coming manager I''m fully behind him.Anyone feel differently to me? [Y] If you didnt want Lambert who else would have been your choice?

Is this just in case we haven''t discussed this to death on about 30 other posts over the course of the week?

Well i''m behind him and wasn''t dissappointed when we appointed him but i would have prefered, Coppell or Curbishley but they were just a dream.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m bloody happy with Lambo CT, if you go for unemployed managers, there''s usually a reason why they''re still unemployed![/quote]

True but with Coppell and Curbishley they just wanted a break from management.

[quote user="AVFC NCFC"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m bloody happy with Lambo CT, if you go for unemployed managers, there''s usually a reason why they''re still unemployed![/quote]

True but with Coppell and Curbishley they just wanted a break from management.

[/quote]

Exactly, their kind are no good to us AVFC!

I must admit I''m quite looking forward to seeing what warrants him being our No.1 choice,without so much as an interview!

becasuse looking at his managerial record so far ,I don''t see the reasons behind this apparant beeline for his services?

Forgive me for being lazy, but is there anyway his managerial record (ie. win percentage ect.) could be put up? I''ve just got back from holiday (obviously following from afar ongoings) and have heard he has a solid record as a manager, but I wouldn''t mind seeing the facts straight up.

Im lazy too but at livingston it was bad then at Wycombe and Colchester it was 42 and 44 i think.

I really really hope they''ve got this right.  Personally I haven''t a clue how he''s going to do but I''ll go into it with the same mindless optimism most of us do most of the time.  I like the way he was appointed though.  All this having interviews rubbish means that those who have the gift of the gab come across well only for us to find out after a few weeks that they don''t really know what they are doing.  In my line of work this has happened loads of times when people look great at interview and after a while it dawns on everyone that they really haven''t got a clue!  Far better to decide what you want and look at the hard evidence and talk to people behind the scenes.

PS How many times in the past 20 years have we had a manager who''s been so good that someone else "poached" them?

[quote user="CT "]Is there anyone out there who would have wanted someone else as manager?  Now I''m learning about his record and the fact that he is clearly an up and coming manager I''m fully behind him.Anyone feel differently to me? [Y] If you didnt want Lambert who else would have been your choice?[/quote]Why not give him ten games and see what you think?

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]

I really really hope they''ve got this right.  Personally I haven''t a clue how he''s going to do but I''ll go into it with the same mindless optimism most of us do most of the time.  I like the way he was appointed though.  All this having interviews rubbish means that those who have the gift of the gab come across well only for us to find out after a few weeks that they don''t really know what they are doing.  In my line of work this has happened loads of times when people look great at interview and after a while it dawns on everyone that they really haven''t got a clue!  Far better to decide what you want and look at the hard evidence and talk to people behind the scenes.

PS How many times in the past 20 years have we had a manager who''s been so good that someone else "poached" them?

[/quote]

haha how long before Delia & Co come up with Psychometric Testing etc for the vacant managers position at Carrow Road do you think?

I wonder if she will have to employ a fat Doris in HR to run the tests for her???

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT "]Is there anyone out there who would have wanted someone else as manager? 
Now I''m learning about his record and the fact that he is clearly an up and coming manager I''m fully behind him.

Anyone feel differently to me? [Y] If you didnt want Lambert who else would have been your choice?
[/quote]

Why not give him ten games and see what you think?
[/quote]

Why not blame those who are really to blame if he doesn''t live up to his potential?

I wonder how much money he has to spend?  Oh that is right, he has to sell some of Delia & Michael''s and the other losers they have employed spare parts first doesn''t he???

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... the amount of time each new manager gets is becoming increasingly shorter (something it has in common with our playing budget).