Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

team for sat

in my humble opinion i would play...

alnwick

spillane -  askou - doc - drury

mcveigh - russell - tudur jones - hoolihan

holt - cureton

i really believe that... even if mcveigh is not the player he was, he could do a good job for us (and is better that whaley at moment), russell is a different league that gill and hughes (if we still have him; use him!) and cureton could be good with holt. he has always prospered next to a larger target man.

just my thoughts.

Alnwick

Otsem Askou Doc Drury

Whaley Hughes Jones

Martin Holt Hoolahan

Spillane looked tired

Gill has no confidence and atm isnt going to inspire it into the team, lambert is a big fan and FOR A A FACT HUGHES WILL START

Mcdonald also has had a chance not tken it, martin deserves it

Id say Maric deserves a chance soon but Lmabert wont know anything about him yet so cant see him startin on sat

[quote user="yellow_belly"]

alnwick

spillane -  askou - doc - drury

holt - cureton

i really believe that... even if mcveigh is not the player he was, he could do a good job for us (and is better that whaley at moment), russell is a different league that gill and hughes (if we still have him; use him!) and cureton could be good with holt. he has always prospered next to a larger target man.

just my thoughts.

[/quote]

I''d have the same but without bloody Doc, try Dumic. Maric up front with Holt, and put Lappin and Hughes in midfield

AlnwickSpillane   Askou      Doc      Drury  McVeigh  Hughes OTJ    Hoolahan      Holt       MartinThis is the team i would like to see, pretty sure Lambert will pick Whaley instead of Mc Veigh.

Russel is not in a different league than Hughes, Gill maybe but not Hughes. We have not even given Hughes a proper chance, spare minutes here and there, he had one half of football, looked decent on the ball and we scored 4 goals. Would swap Hughes in for Russell (How many minutes has Russell played lately? he would probably be shattered by the 30 minute mark, or sent off), and Maric upfront with Holt with Cody bringing the pace off the bench for the last 20-25 minutes when the defence is tiring.

yellow_belly wrote the following post at 20/08/2009 6:19 PM:

alnwick

spillane - askou - doc - drury

holt - cureton

i really believe that... even if mcveigh is not the player he was, he could do a good job for us (and is better that whaley at moment), russell is a different league that gill and hughes (if we still have him; use him!) and cureton could be good with holt. he has always prospered next to a larger target man

And will you be going to watch this miracle side........indeed have you been to watch any of the games recently........cos I don''t know where you are coming from mate but your selection is utter sh--te.

Mcveigh is a has been, as is Cureton.....that is why the first was allowed to leave in the first place.......and the latter can''t score goals to save his life......and Russell has made it quite clear that he DOES NOT WISH to play for NCFC......sell him to Burney for the 500k they offered.....at least that will give Lambert some capital to replace all three and the totally use;ess Gill.

Get real!

I think Gill has been a major weak link in a weak team so far, so thats saying something! Hughes should start with Tudor-Jones and Maric should be given a chance with Holt. Askou has to keep his place. Shame we have not got a good replacement for Doc. Yet.....

McVeigh as a sub if Whaley continues to struggle.

I''m Going To Get Murdered For Saying This But............ Theo Should Start, Give Him Another Chance! Also Put Mcveigh And Lappin In Mid-field With Maric Included Upfront. Maybe Bring Dumic On In Defence If We Go Several Goals Down! :)

No no no no no Theo may well get his chance at a later date, but Alnwick has been pretty solid in the last 3 games why the hell would we drop him.

While I''m not convinced by McVeigh it is worth pointing out, once again, that he wasn''t playing there because after so many games they had to pay him more money or something like that and they couldn''t afford to do it.

Yer I''m all for giving Theo another chance at some point in the future, but right now Alnwick isn''t doing a bad job, no reason to drop him. Would send the wrong message I think dropping a player who was performing

Like to see Rusty start or get some of the game anyway. Martin and Holt. When Martin came on against Brentford he sounded really lively.

Alnwick  Spillane Dorothy Askou DruryWhalley Adeyemi Hughes Hoolahan                 Maric Holt

As far as I''m concerned though our team is not good enough and we need a lot of new signings.

Alnwick

Spillane        Doc                        Askou            Drury

Mcveigh                 Tudor Jones                   Lappin

Hoolahan

Mcdonald              Holt

Subs Rudd, Whalley, Maric, Hughes, Nelson, Adeyemi, Wiggins

Alnwick

Spillane    Askou   Doherty    Drury

Hughes               OTJ           Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt        Mcdonald

I know Cody hasn''t been that great but out of all of our players you can guarrentee he will give the most.

also hoolahan always plays best in that hole and playing off some of holts headers will do him the world of good.

Alnwick

Semmy   Doc   Askou   Drury

Hughes OTJ

Whaley      Wes         Martin

Holt

We''ve still got a soft centre so I think packing the midfield a bit more will help that. And Chris Martin has looked good cutting in from the left, that role suits him much better than playing upfront through the middle.

Alnwick

Ostemobor  Spillain       Askou     Drury

Gill

Russell               Adeyemi

Hoolahan

Holt               Mcdonald   

Would like to see wiggans on left when fit i hear he has pace to burn

Will definitely be interesting to see what Lambert has made of the squad after a few days and who he sees the team to be. I think most of us could have predicted the team before, but i''m hoping there might be one or two first team surprises who have either been used as subs so far or not even made the bench.

Reckon we should put our strongest team out...

Theo

Otsemabor  Donkerty  Nelson  Drury

McVeigh       Gill         Russell   Lappin

Cureton     Martin

In fact that is almost the 11 i would like to see Lambert put out.... of their misery and sack them.

Maybe Martin can stay, i was just short of a player who could play there now Pattison has left. Don''t really have anything against Lappin, i just don''t have much thats positive to say about him either.

This is a tough one.

Alnwick

Spillane   Askou    Dejan   Drury

Whaley   Hughes   T-J      Martin

Holt      Cody

[quote user="cosmos67"]

Alnwick

Spillane    Askou   Doherty    Drury

Hughes               OTJ           Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt        Mcdonald

I know Cody hasn''t been that great but out of all of our players you can guarrentee he will give the most.

also hoolahan always plays best in that hole and playing off some of holts headers will do him the world of good.

[/quote]That''s my team too.

Alnwick

Spillane  Doherty  Askou  Drury

Whaley  Hughes  OTJ  Hoolahan

Maric   Holt

Impact subs of Cody & Adayemi

It''s going to be really interesting to see whether Lambert has been able to have any impact on the players - I fear it may be too soon and the first real glimpse we get of his team will be next week. 

[quote user="ncfcfan"]McViegh isnt good enough, not good enough for Luton, not good enough for us.
[/quote]

No, but he was good enough for Bryan Whatsisname![:D]