Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

cureton and russell to start??

just got a phone call from someone at colney who saw the a 11 a side game at training this morning with basically the team as it was tuesday but cureton and russell playing in it.

well?? wouldnt be suprised if he makes some changes. oh and dejan featured.

Not sure Russell has the nessasary match fitness to start right now but wouldn''t mind him being included at some point.As for Cureton would much rather us give Maric a start....more importantly was Gill still in centre mid, as if so I don''t think it matters who we play up top, it won''t get there with any real quality if Gill is playing.

Was rather hoping we''d seen the last of them two in a yellow and green shirt, would rather see Maric get a chance before we resort to Jamie I couldn''t hit a barn door from three feet Cureton. The less said about Russell the better as far as I''m concerned...woeful excuse for a footballer.

I am hoping that Lambert wil see Cureton for the second rate player he is and get rid!

glove1 wrote the following post at 20/08/2009 5:28 PM:

just got a phone call from someone at colney who saw the a 11 a side game at training this morning with basically the team as it was tuesday but cureton and russell playing in it.

well?? wouldnt be suprised if he makes some changes. oh and dejan featured.

Oh, I see, they don''t mix up the training squads then.......11 playing against another 11 on a THURSDAY is thE team for the Saturday is it........!!!! Pathetic.

[quote user="porkyp"]glove1 wrote the following post at 20/08/2009 5:28 PM:

well?? wouldnt be suprised if he makes some changes. oh and dejan featured.

Oh, I see, they don''t mix up the training squads then.......11 playing against another 11 on a THURSDAY is thE team for the Saturday is it........!!!! Pathetic.[/quote]Rather along the lines of what I was thinking.I wouldn''t have thought being in Tuesday''s line-up was any guarantee of being in Saturday''s.Good if Stefan''s getting back into it though.

[quote user="porkyp"]glove1 wrote the following post at 20/08/2009 5:28 PM: just got a phone call from someone at colney who saw the a 11 a side game at training this morning with basically the team as it was tuesday but cureton and russell playing in it. well?? wouldnt be suprised if he makes some changes. oh and dejan featured. Oh, I see, they don''t mix up the training squads then.......11 playing against another 11 on a THURSDAY is thE team for the Saturday is it........!!!! Pathetic.[/quote]

so you dont think he may try and get a possible team together before playing saturday?? yeah that sounds really pathetic. i can see why people dont post on here things like this as you just get shot down straight away. i never said that IS the team but if he was playing the same team as tuesday with 3 different players in that team it looked pretty likely.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]No thank you re. Barndoor[/quote]Part of Curetons'' problem is that of the 25,025 people immediately around him, 25,000 of them don''t think he will score.  He''s a confidence player, if you get that back and get him working with either Holt or Maric, he could score 20 this season in this league.New boss, fresh start for everyone, surely ?

[quote user="porkyp"]glove1 wrote the following post at 20/08/2009 5:28 PM: just got a phone call from someone at colney who saw the a 11 a side game at training this morning with basically the team as it was tuesday but cureton and russell playing in it. well?? wouldnt be suprised if he makes some changes. oh and dejan featured. Oh, I see, they don''t mix up the training squads then.......11 playing against another 11 on a THURSDAY is thE team for the Saturday is it........!!!! Pathetic.[/quote]

Apart from not knowing how to quote properly you were doing quite well until the last word. Uncalled for and quite frankly pathetic on your part.

if we are worried about cureton being booed than we should all cheer a whole lot louder than the boo boys, you''re right he is a confidence player and he thrives when he knows were behind him, e.g when he came back from barnsley.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]No thank you re. Barndoor[/quote]

Part of Curetons'' problem is that of the 25,025 people immediately around him, 25,000 of them don''t think he will score.  He''s a confidence player, if you get that back and get him working with either Holt or Maric, he could score 20 this season in this league.

New boss, fresh start for everyone, surely ?
[/quote]

I don''t think confidence is anything to do with why Cureton misses so many sitters, the rare occasions when he did score last season the very next game he''d miss a couple of sitters when you''d have expected him to have been full of confidence. Imo the reason he misses so many chances is because he isn''t good enough, he''s had enough chances to establish himself over the last couple of years imo but everytime he plays he misses one or two chances that would be meat and drink to any half decent striker.

I can understand Russell but i see no logic in breaking up the Cody/Grolt partnership.

They look to have a decent understanding and with a bit better service could do a quality job for us.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]No thank you re. Barndoor[/quote]

Part of Curetons'' problem is that of the 25,025 people immediately around him, 25,000 of them don''t think he will score.  He''s a confidence player, if you get that back and get him working with either Holt or Maric, he could score 20 this season in this league.

New boss, fresh start for everyone, surely ?
[/quote]

I don''t think confidence is anything to do with why Cureton misses so many sitters, the rare occasions when he did score last season the very next game he''d miss a couple of sitters when you''d have expected him to have been full of confidence. Imo the reason he misses so many chances is because he isn''t good enough, he''s had enough chances to establish himself over the last couple of years imo but everytime he plays he misses one or two chances that would be meat and drink to any half decent striker.

[/quote]

As I''ve said before, for a striker to lose that little bit of sharpness makes all the difference, even if it''s just a split second of reaction time. Although Cureton was never first rate, Father Time has finished him off, not people booing him. We need to get rid while he still has a value in a lower league.

It does make me chuckle as to how short some peoples memories are on here. I seem to remember Russell being slagged off left, right and centre at the end of last season. Now suddenly, because we are struggling, he is the answer to all our problems. No I wouldn''t bring him back because we have better options in the middle.

And as for Jamie, well he should have been shipped out in the summer. I just don''t think he can cut it any more

(Cue 2-1 City on Saturday with Russell and Cureton as goalscorers)

well porkyp i was 50% right and we won 5-2 so i accept a draw - city til WE die!!! as long as you agree i was not pathetic