Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

what will happen our useless number one keeper.

surely after lambert saw what a shocking display our new keeper gave against his old club on the first day of the season he would surely drop him from the team like a hot spud!!!.

more money norwich have wasted considering he has a two year contract .

thoughts on this guys..?

[quote user="Norwich"]What? If your meaning what I think you are, Supple has retired from the game.[/quote]Erm that''s why he said Keane was looking for a replacement for Supple..

[quote user="John Morlar"]No, I meant that Roy Keane might like to sign Michael Theoklotis and how much could we raise to help on his way.[/quote]

Haha, my bad sorry.

And if you had watched the video of the match you might realise that, whilst agreeing Theo did not have a good game, he had a complete joke of a defence in front of him.

Nobody becomes a bad player overnight and Theo is no exception. Yes he had a poor game but he is not the only sportsman to have a bad game and still prove himself.

The Ashes are the big news at the moment, just remember Graham Gooch''s first two innings for England ..... 0 and 0. Did that make him a bad batsman?

I do not think he is anywhere near as good as previous Norwich goalkeepers, on that one showing, but we have always been, until recently, blessed with some top performers. Perhaps we should step back and try to anylyse how many goals he was actually to blame for.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

And if you had watched the video of the match you might realise that, whilst agreeing Theo did not have a good game, he had a complete joke of a defence in front of him.

Nobody becomes a bad player overnight and Theo is no exception. Yes he had a poor game but he is not the only sportsman to have a bad game and still prove himself.

The Ashes are the big news at the moment, just remember Graham Gooch''s first two innings for England ..... 0 and 0. Did that make him a bad batsman?

I do not think he is anywhere near as good as previous Norwich goalkeepers, on that one showing, but we have always been, until recently, blessed with some top performers. Perhaps we should step back and try to anylyse how many goals he was actually to blame for.

[/quote]

Well said! [:D]

[/quote]Here here sir, well said.

from what i saw at the game ..not on video it was the worst keeping i have ever seen .the players completely lost confidence in him after making some real schoolboy errors .

sorry i would risk losing another 3 points the guy is too muh f a risk to make very silly errors .

He was making his first appearance in front of a crowd of over 25,000 and he was put straight into danger by that ridiculous back pass, I''m sure he lost just as much confidence in his defence after that as they did in him. That early back pass and the resulting missed punch would of stuck in his head all through the game. We need to give him a chance, if he does well in training, then playn him, if he cracks under the pressure and makes mistakes then we find he is better suited to a smaller club. We can''t give someone a 2 year contract, give him one game and then get rid of him. Nobody proves themselves in one game and nobody proves they are no good in one game.

I don''t want Theo given reserve games at the expense of Declan Rudd who needs to play as many games as possible, as there''s a good chance he may well be in contention to be the first team keeper by the end of the season.

So what will happen our "number one" keeper? A good question.

Theo will be fineI hear there is now a position available at Norwich for former goal keepers ! Job reads something like :Wanted : Former Goal Keeper to take the reigns of failed former Goal KeeperPerks : You will have a job           Get a club nammed after yourself           Get to smoshe and brown nose and get paid for doing nothing           A shot at the Managers job in 2020

[/quote]

Yes he was only totally or partially to blame for 6 of them.

I really hope Theo fights back and proves himself, I don''t think it was only Gunn who thought he was a decent keeper.

Just something to note - a few years ago when we won the league we went to Burnley and won 5-3, in goal that day was Brian Jensen who looked dreadful. Two days ago he helped defeat Man Utd by keeping a clean sheet and saving a penalty in the premier league. It is easy to castigate someone after one game. This guy deserves another chance at sometime and I really hope he takes it.

In typical Norfolk fashion we have to find one person to blame!  Theo had a shocker on that first day but he was one of many, let''s not forget that.  When a goalkeeper fouls up the whole world can see but when defenders fail to mark their players or midfield players fail to track back or strikers don''t run or miss sitters it is not as noticeable.  Last year to be frank there were plenty of Theo performances from the "players" we had but most of it got lost in the whole depressing mess.  It would take enormous courage and application for Theo to turn this round - the sort of courage and application that it will take to turn this great club of ours round but I would like to wish him good luck.  If we all stop taking the p*** out of players and get behind them and the new management team then who knows....we may even start to climb the long road upwards.