Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Will Lambert drop the Doc?

After seeing his strikers at the mighty Colchester put 7 past us with the worst defending buffon at the helm. Surely our new man will spot that he is not actually a footballer and has been conning us under the trade descriptions act for the past 3 managers and years of wages!On this decision I will judge Mr Lambert, drop Doc and find a replacement as your number 1 priority and you will do just fine for me.If he remains then you are no better than the last 3 and I am afraid you will fail and meet the same demise as our other excuses for a manager.Your judgement with me cometh through the Doc.Please make it so and move our club forward!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]After seeing his strikers at the mighty Colchester put 7 past us with the worst defending buffon at the helm. Surely our new man will spot that he is not actually a footballer and has been conning us under the trade descriptions act for the past 3 managers and years of wages!On this decision I will judge Mr Lambert, drop Doc and find a replacement as your number 1 priority and you will do just fine for me.If he remains then you are no better than the last 3 and I am afraid you will fail and meet the same demise as our other excuses for a manager.Your judgement with me cometh through the Doc.Please make it so and move our club forward![/quote]*bufoon!

The Doc is our best defender in my opinion. Ok, he didn''t play well against Col U, but neither did anyone. He got MOTM when we played Exeter, so I''m sure he''ll be in the team tonight. I think he''s an integral part of our defence personally. Askou looks strong and if he can keep performing we have a better defence. In the past two games when its been the doc and askou weve only conceded 1 goal, which i think is a good enough goal conceding ratio.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]After seeing his strikers at the mighty Colchester put 7 past us with the worst defending buffon at the helm. Surely our new man will spot that he is not actually a footballer and has been conning us under the trade descriptions act for the past 3 managers and years of wages!On this decision I will judge Mr Lambert, drop Doc and find a replacement as your number 1 priority and you will do just fine for me.If he remains then you are no better than the last 3 and I am afraid you will fail and meet the same demise as our other excuses for a manager.Your judgement with me cometh through the Doc.Please make it so and move our club forward![/quote]TOTALLY AGREE MATE,  Ginger pele  ??????  more like ginger bread !

Unless we go Askou - Stef i dont think we can drop Doc right yet [8o|]BUT.... Lambert will get browny points from me if he does drop Doc. Wonder who our new team cap will be ??GRANT HOLTGRANT HOLTGRANT HOLT

If there''s no money left to replace the Doc. We don''t sell Stanovic, or Russel, there''s no money left. - Hypothetical situation or reality, what do you suggest?Bring in ANOTHER freebie? Askouuuuu seems a good player, Nelson not.  That''s 50/50 so far. Do we need another two attempts to find some one to play alongside Askou? Then , they have to build a relationship, blend with the WHOLE Squad, we lose our captain or vice (what ever Doc is at mo, seems to change every week) That''s a bit squee-wiff I know, so in short. Hypothetically, we can''t afford to replace Doc, what would you do?

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Not only drop him, but get rid asap

[/quote]Would it not be fantastic if he managed to get Leeds to buy him.This could be a League winning stroke of genius.Come on Leeds you know you want him!

No - he wont be dropping Doc any day soon.   Even Butterworth realised that Nelson, the keeper and Ots were the key problems.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]The Doc is our best defender in my opinion. Ok, he didn''t play well against Col U, but neither did anyone. He got MOTM when we played Exeter, so I''m sure he''ll be in the team tonight. I think he''s an integral part of our defence personally. Askou looks strong and if he can keep performing we have a better defence. In the past two games when its been the doc and askou weve only conceded 1 goal, which i think is a good enough goal conceding ratio.[/quote]Laughable and absolutely astonishing post! In fact you should be on a stage.

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]If there''s no money left to replace the Doc. We don''t sell Stanovic, or Russel, there''s no money left. - Hypothetical situation or reality, what do you suggest?Bring in ANOTHER freebie? Askouuuuu seems a good player, Nelson not.  That''s 50/50 so far. Do we need another two attempts to find some one to play alongside Askou? Then , they have to build a relationship, blend with the WHOLE Squad, we lose our captain or vice (what ever Doc is at mo, seems to change every week) That''s a bit squee-wiff I know, so in short. Hypothetically, we can''t afford to replace Doc, what would you do?[/quote]I would say that we cannot afford to keep him we have tried him for years and conceded more goals than most in our league.Besides just watch and you will see his actually a plumber or something but not a footballer. The problem is he is no good at stopping leaks!

if we base my point on facts alone this season, ignoring the Col U game when everyone had a shocker, then it makes sense. Ok then, why do you think he''s a bad player? if you can justify your point then go for it

[quote user="huckster"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]After seeing his strikers at the mighty Colchester put 7 past us with the worst defending buffon at the helm. Surely our new man will spot that he is not actually a footballer and has been conning us under the trade descriptions act for the past 3 managers and years of wages!On this decision I will judge Mr Lambert, drop Doc and find a replacement as your number 1 priority and you will do just fine for me.If he remains then you are no better than the last 3 and I am afraid you will fail and meet the same demise as our other excuses for a manager.Your judgement with me cometh through the Doc.Please make it so and move our club forward![/quote]TOTALLY AGREE MATE,  Ginger pele  ??????  more like ginger bread ![/quote]Ginger bread moves faster mate!

If only he could get the best out of Otsemobor, Askou and Spillane would be the CB partnership for me.However, im quite happy to go with Spillane, Doc, Askou and Drury. Doc had a shocker in the 7-1 true but he''s also had many good games for us, people are very quick to blame Doc every time we concede a goal.He isnt brilliant but he''s no nonsense and big and hard, and in League 1 we need that sort of brick wall in defence. He just needs a good defender alongside him, of which Nelson is not. Doc has looked better with Askou has he not? 2 games, 1 goal conceded so no real reason to upset the defence at the mo.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]After seeing his strikers at the mighty Colchester put 7 past us with the worst defending buffon at the helm. Surely our new man will spot that he is not actually a footballer and has been conning us under the trade descriptions act for the past 3 managers and years of wages!On this decision I will judge Mr Lambert, drop Doc and find a replacement as your number 1 priority and you will do just fine for me.If he remains then you are no better than the last 3 and I am afraid you will fail and meet the same demise as our other excuses for a manager.Your judgement with me cometh through the Doc.Please make it so and move our club forward![/quote]*bufoon![/quote]*buffoon!

Ive never been one of the donk-haters, but now i think its time for us to make a bold move, drop him and look for another stronger, quicker and younger defender. Drop Nelson, keep Askou and maybe beg Stefanovic to stay as cover.

To have a defender in the donk who more often that not looks shakey and slow and gives away cards, to me, is too much of a risk...

He isnt brilliant but he''s no nonsense and big and hard, and in League 1 we need that sort of brick wall in defence. He might be a brick wall, but there is a hell of a lot of cement missing !

Should be interesting to see if YET ANOTHER manager considers him a first choice. They must definitely ALL be wrong [:|]

[quote user="Eggy"]I hope he does we shold have never got rid of Shackle[/quote]I do not remember a ground swell to keep him, when he went; but maybe my Senile Dementia has set in ! !

[quote user="Mook"]Should be interesting to see if YET ANOTHER manager considers him a first choice. They must definitely ALL be wrong [:|][/quote]We have been relegated twice to our lowest point in 50 years,  conceding a SHIT load of goals along the way and he was at the helm of the whole demise!Yes they have all got it wrong! FACT!![:@]

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]good point from Barclayman who seems like the only one with sense.[/quote]Yes lets say we only conceded 1 in 2 games!Thery were away to exeter and Yeovil! Here is another stat:We have conceded 8 in our last 3!!

[quote user="Mook"]Should be interesting to see if YET ANOTHER manager considers him a first choice. They must definitely ALL be wrong [:|]
[/quote]

It''s more like no previous manager has ever considered spending money on the defence when they can get loans and freebies in as they would rather spend it all on attack.

Of course any decent manager would know to build from the back. Just we haven''t had one of those for a while. Poor Lambert won''t have any cash to buy a defender tho. We can only hope he can persuade the one going out the door to stay, as if Askou gets injured we are screwed.