Sign in to follow this  
Downloads

What Team?

So if you could pick the team, what team would you pick for the next league game?

Would people put Wes back in or is Lappin a permanent fixture? Change the formation? Stick with the same winning team?

Here would be mine for what its worth...

Alnwick

Otsemabor    Spillane    Askou     Drury

Smith        Hughes   Adeyemi   Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt

I know it seems strange changing a winning team, but i don''t think past good performances should be discounted in one game necessarily.

Yeah, couldn''t get to the game myself today (missed the lines closing by about 15 minutes, had to do overtime), friend who went reported back though, so not completely picked inignorance.

He said WLY had a good game, but just lacked a bit of pace out wide and if anythnig he thought WLY could have been swapped round with Smith.

I guess i feel we have a goal machine in Holt, and with another creative foil in Hoolahan, i feel it could work (assuming we keep him that is).

Alnwick
Otsemobor Spillane Askou Drury
McVeigh Hughes Smith Lappin
MacDonald Holt

I think we should stick with pretty much the same team.  Hoolahan dosn''t deserve to play after the way he played after coming on as sub today, gave the ball away nearly every time and is far to lightweight.  Also Macdonald in for Cureton as Jamie just hasn''t got it.

Sort of agree, but mighten one feel slightly peeved if they had been dropped after playing better than a striker who is pretty much universally disliked, and maybe dropped because the manager coming in favours the striker as he tried to sign him or whatever.

I hadn''t heard many people say his heart wasn''t in it prior to this game. Maybe he''s been dropped to encourage him to go so we can get the money in? Some might say if a player is annoyed at being dropped that is a good sign!

I had only heard a few people talk negatively about Hoolahan before today, i just believe someone shouldn''t be judged on a few minutes of football.

If the team gained confidence and Hoolahan was on form, i reckon we could be quite a frigtening prospect.

Would change the defence - it was poor today,  conceeded 2 against non entities.  But we dont have many options and if stef is out then berthel Askou is the best option. 

Cureton did not work today, and McDonald is not learning quick enough to start,  he is an impact sub. 

I do have worries about the midfield not creating outside set peices but they were a million time better without Whaley, Gill and OTJ starting. 

Alnwick

Spillane  Doc  Stefanovic Drury

WLY     HUghes  Smith   Lappin

Hoolahan   Holt

Subs

Rudd  Daley Maric Martin Adeyemi Berthel-Askou McDonald

I think Hoolahan is def off, and on todays showing was not a happy bunny, and Lambert clearly likes Cureton so we can expect more starts from him (I''m afraid!)