Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

jaime lad to score a double today

[quote user="Norwich"]However many he scores he won''t be my best player! [:|][/quote]I concur.

Too static, and was out for much of the game. Bar 1 or 2 efforts, and a couple of decent returns in the build of play with Holt, contributed nothing. Worst thing though was his pace, and showed exactly what we''re missing in McDonald.

Jamie Cureton played intelligently today linking up well with Holt and the wingers. Give the lad a chance, once he''s scored one his confidence will come back. The snakepit did sing his name and he gave the thumbs up, he knows he''s not on form right now but he''s willing to put in the hours to get it right

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Jamie Cureton played intelligently today linking up well with Holt and the wingers. Give the lad a chance, once he''s scored one his confidence will come back. The snakepit did sing his name and he gave the thumbs up, he knows he''s not on form right now but he''s willing to put in the hours to get it right[/quote]

Give the lad a chance!!How many does he need,he is past his best and Cody made him look the poor player he is with his speed and effort when he came on.

Thought Jamie played alright today.

But at the same time you can still see that he hasn''t got the physical presence or the pace required to be a genuine threat.

A backup player to have on the bench if we''re to challenge this season, in my opinion.

Cant beleive some of you are slating the poor lad again today. was impressed with his attitude and workrate, worked their back four hard which enables the pace of Cody to be utilised well when he comes on after 60 mins or so and also how well he linked the play and brought others into the game, seemed to have an excellent understanding with Mcveigh as well and nearly scored with an excellent lob. Lambert also praised him afterwards saying he looked excellent so i guess that people on here are too blinkered in their opinions to give credit where its due

If judged by everyone by goals howcome Cody is so well loved, by me as well i should add. How many has Cody scored this season? how many has Cody missed this season? if People are saying after today that Lambert knows what he is doing, great to have a manager that does etc then why did he say afterwards that he thought jamie was excellent and looked a threat? That surely goes against what most of you are saying? think people should forget the past and look to the future which after today doesnt look too bad and that includes Jamie

Cureton looked okay today, I thought.  He''s lost weight, looks fitter and put a decent shift in without affecting the game in any significant way.

Exactly Chops. He didnt affect the game in any significant way. No goals. Sorry, but come in No.10 your time is up.

I don''t think it will take Mr Lambert too long to figure this one out. After all, it only took 48 hours to realise D''oh erty is cak

Cureton was frustrating today. Too slow, strayed offside, pansied out of the one on one with the keeper when he was miles out of his area.Poor.MacDonald came on and showed us all what we were missing. He has to start with Holt from now on??

He didnt pansy out of that at all, he realised that the keeper would get there first and all he would do is end up taking the keeper out and giving away a needless freekick was right in front of me and the ball picked up a lot of pace when it bounced through. Guess Lambert must have been wrong then with his jamie looked excellent a threat comment then?

After such a great day, I refuse to have a pop at anyone.........oh and PS. I told you Lambo would be massive for City.[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rasp.gif[/img]

Yes, I know, one swallow and all that.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Strikers measured by goals.

Bye bye JC[/quote]

Not always there not, why is Heskey rated so highly by Capello, O'' Neill, Eriksson, Bruce, Houllier to name a few. Some people (who understand football) can see the bigger picture. I thought Curo had a good game today, It seems as though some people have to have a few players to scapegoat for everything. Semi was excellent today, and more than a few on here were calling for him never to wear a city shirt again after the Col U game.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]bye bye Jamie, its time for change, the McDonald and Martin era has arrrived... praise the lord.  Curo did nothing today  [/quote]

Lets hope Cody can score then, thankfully, Lambo sees things differently.

He might work hard, but what we need are players that never give up, Jamie today too many times IMO sat off players when he should have been getting amongst them.  Cody is the opposite to JC in that way, he won''t sit off players and will have a go, and he also held the ball up today very well.

I still like Jamie, but he''s had enough time to prove himself IMHO.

Jamie Cureton still has a lot to offer the club, all he needs is a goal and his confidence will be back.

Cody McDonald is a very raw talent still, and is playing like a non-league player out of his depth! (despite his pass to setup Holt) people have mentioned his pace and effort, well Usain Bolts has both of those attributes but I doubt he is Norwich City''s answer to Grant Holt''s partner upfront.

To sum up, Cureton needs confidence and Cody will come good, just needs to managed correctly...