Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Any Leicester Canaries?

Daughter hs just got into Leicester Uni and as a season ticket holder is desperate to get to as many games as possible. Are there any other canaries based around leicester who might be looking for a fare paying passenger?

You could try a pm to Rutland Canary, he lives in Oakham which is near Leicester. He is a season ticket holder. I know of him via one of the Capital Canaries.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Daughter hs just got into Leicester Uni and as a season ticket holder is desperate to get to as many games as possible. Are there any other canaries based around leicester who might be looking for a fare paying passenger?

[/quote]I live in leamington which is 45 minutes from leicester, but if she wanted to get the train down to Leamington anytime I''d pick her up from the station and drive her the two and a half hours to the fine city. PM me if she''s interested and we''ll talk about it.

Brilliant!  She will not regret choosing Leicester at all, the best 3 years of my life, which halls is she thinking of staying in?  I can''t help out on the car front now because I graduated this year, but she could get a train to Nottingham (which is v. cheap from Leics with a railcard), and then the train to Norwich from there if she can''t find anyone to take her to the games.

Thanks guys. She is in France at the moment but she is a member of this board so I will get her to contact some of you when she gets back into the country.

Her mother will of course need a reference from anyone before allowing an 18year old girl to travel with you!!!

Yup, live in notts, going to Leicester uni, but aint got season ticket or car lol.

But the trains from nottingham are 5.60 each way if you book them in advanced over internet, as a season ticket holder yo know that sh is going to games, so book them as soon as they are released. That only leaves the train from Leicester to notts, which wont be very expensive with rail card!

Thanks Notts. Looks like the cheapest option is the most direct which is via Peterborough. Crazy thing is its half the price if you buy two seperate tickets.

Leicester to Norwich £32 return

Leicester Peterborough £10 return

Peterborough Norwich £6 return

No wonder people think rail travel is expensive. Pays to spend a bit of time playing with the online booking system.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]I went to Leicester University.  I had a brilliant four years and I hope your daughter has a great time too.  It''s been a little while but if you need any details on basic stuff i.e. where to get houses, how to get about, where to avoid, let me know.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]I went to Leicester University.  I had a brilliant four years and I hope your daughter has a great time too.  It''s been a little while but if you need any details on basic stuff i.e. where to get houses, how to get about, where to avoid, let me know.[/quote]You old timer Chops [;)], I would be happy to help too and I only graduated in July.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]I went to Leicester University.  I had a brilliant four years and I hope your daughter has a great time too.  It''s been a little while but if you need any details on basic stuff i.e. where to get houses, how to get about, where to avoid, let me know.[/quote]You old timer Chops [;)], I would be happy to help too and I only graduated in July.[/quote]Way to make a man feel old.  I''m still dealing with the fact that people born as late as1992 can now legally drive.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]I went to Leicester University.  I had a brilliant four years and I hope your daughter has a great time too.  It''s been a little while but if you need any details on basic stuff i.e. where to get houses, how to get about, where to avoid, let me know.[/quote]You old timer Chops [;)], I would be happy to help too and I only graduated in July.[/quote]Way to make a man feel old.  I''m still dealing with the fact that people born as late as1992 can now legally drive.[/quote]My apologies Chops.To the OP, I may very well be working at the University next year, they can''t get rid of me yet, so like I said any help or more than likely someone to hop on the train with then I am happy to help.