Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Johnsson:You must be kidding!

OK, it was only a 20 minute substitute appearance for Chalton Athletic last night, but judging on the woeful example of non striking ability at its very best, maybe it would be better if City stayed well clear of the little lad!. 

I refer of course to Mr J.Johnsson (excuse spelling) from what I saw, the little mite charged around like a demented lost toddler in a Mothercare shop!.

Harsh?, maybe, but our own Ryan Jarvis looks a far better prospect than him up front. And much cheaper to boot!.

No settling in period either to worry about. Maybe its time to give him his chance. Too little experience? maybe. But I think its certainly worth a try, if it comes off, then think of the tremendous benefits to the club.

Wiz, given that we''re blooding Bentley for Arsenal at the moment why would blooding either Jarvis or Henderson or Shackell in the Premiership be too outrageous. There''s a young lad down at Old Trafford who nobody bats an eye about when it comes to playing him. Why aren''t the City young lads given a chance?

Agree with what you say about johnsson, but whats wrong with the goal machine we use to keep the bench warm, lets give leon the chance he deserves.

jarvis is good but he should be the one sitting on the bench, and getting the odd 10 mins here and there, to get the experience he needs

I say give Jarvis a go soon - he looks sharp and deserves a chance. However, I think he might benefit from a few sub appearances in the prem before starting him. Perhaps he could replace Leon after 75 mins in the next couple of games?

Yeah I do agree with you somewhat Wiz but at the end of the day Charlton were absolutely woeful last night and I would have much preferred to have seen him in a side that was on top of their game and attacking frequently.  It is much like watching one of our players (Hux, Leon) etc have a woeful game cos they did not get much service during the 90 mins.  All in all a hard match to judge anybody when the whole team had such an off day. 

First priority IMO is to give Leon a go. Give him 90 minutes. Jarvis should be on the bench rather than in the team. Hendo sounds as if he is doing really well at the moment, so its good to have players champing at the bit, ready for their turn.

Johnsson? I''m a bit confused.

Are you moaning about the Charlton player Jonatan Johansson, or our own Mattias Jonson?

[quote]Johnsson? I''m a bit confused. Are you moaning about the Charlton player Jonatan Johansson, or our own Mattias Jonson?[/quote]

You are confused PP!. Did I not mention Johnsson and Chalton Athletic in the same sentence?!...............