Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

The strange things people say....

Two very bizarre comments I heard yesterday.

First was during the game, guy behind me suggested Cureton come off and replaced by Doherty up front with Holt.

Second was walking home, two guys walking beside me saying Cureton was ''on fire'' today. I just turned to them and laughed.

Anybody else heard strange things from someone sitting near you or walking to/from the ground?

I sat next to an old gimmer in the upper Barclay who would frequently shake his fist at Clingan and shout "no, young man, that''s not how the game is played."  I''m not sure quite what he meant but I think care in the community isn''t always a good thing.

I am the king if sarcastic comments and it''s with great sadness I can confirm both comments were not made in jest

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]people keep saying how good Doc is......[/quote]No, people keep pointing out he''s a reasonably good centre back for League One.  Nobody''s saying he''s a ginger Lescott/Toure.

Yesterday i heard......£4.50 for a pie and lager, that''s quite reasonable!

Oh how i laughed, the sausage roll was about 4'''' long and the lager was a half pint bottle at most.

I think it''s a pie and drink deal. Any pie (including a sausage roll) and any drink (with no more than 5 mouthfuls!)

Like the avator buddy, if Hamilton also wins today it will be a great weekend of sport

Arggh right! :P Is it nice, I might get it for the game vs Mackems?

Yeah, fantastic weekend would be capped off by a Hamilton win but no doubt he won''t just too put a little downer on things. But I am not the greatest fans of Hamilton so it doesn''t really bother me! :P