Sign in to follow this  
NCFCanary

Chinese Consortium takeover/investment imminent.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

Just heard from a very reliable source at a news corporation that a Chinese consortium is now ready to invest in the club and takeover from Delia and MWJ!

One of their requirements before their investment was that a professional football manager had to be in place with the vision to make Norwich a Premiership club again and therefore Paul Lambert has been appointed accordingly. According to the same source, the board had already agreed to replace Bryan Gunn at the beginning of the season with Paul Lambert in mind, hence the quick appointment. The Colchester game disaster only made their plan much easier to execute and was not the real reason for Gunn''s sacking.

So like I''ve said, in the near future, Norwich will receive a bid from an unamed Chinese consortium now the new manager is in place!

Just please remember that you heard it here first! [:)]

[/quote]

Like it wouldn''t be easier to get in a World class manager (like Sven maybe) AFTER the deal was done. Go back to playing with Sum Yung Gi

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="NCFCanary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I am tending to believe this as at the man utd game at carrow road i saw a chinese man sitting next to delia and sitting in yellows after the match so hopefully its true!
[/quote]

I haven''t been more sure about anything to do with Norwich City, trust me! The fact that I''ve now heard it from quite a few people withing the BBC ( not going to drag any names or stories in) im now sure it''s happening.

[/quote]

Whoah! Stop there. Stop all of this sh*t!

Name a name! Do it, Stop f**king about and name a name. Grow a pair man!

Otherwise f**k off!

I am sick to death of the stream of diarrhoea that flows unabated across this site.

The only people you are pi**ing off are your supposed fellow fans.

SO… NAME A NAME OR SHUT THE F**K UP!

And there will be no apologies for the industrial language. I have had enough of this c rap!

[/quote]

And breathhhhhhhhhhhhh

[/quote]

But this is just what all this crap does to people… its such an un-necessary way to do it.

He named a name. I doubt if it is true, but he named a name which I will now investigate,

He could have said that at the very first posting instead of playing this silly game.

It is bad enough us being where we are now without some tool playing effing mind games with us all… so yeah, maybe I do need to take a deep breath but I am just utterly and totally sick to death of it all.

The club, the players, some of the fans, the forums and the idiots that raise my hopes!

IF he is right, then well done him. If he is wrong then I want to kick his arse from here to eternity!
[/quote]

You best be preparing your thankyou speech then Andy after you investigate the matter and realise that what I''ve said this morning has a lot of credibility!! [;)]

[/quote]

I will happily slap you warmly on the back and buy you a pint of your choice if this is true.

I have asked my mother to phone Roy and get the ball rolling that end and have just emailed Chris Goreham as follows:

Subject:     Norwich City Football Club
    From:     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (my email address obviously!)
    Date:     19 August 2009 11:07:58 BST
    To:     chris.goreham@bbc.co.uk

Chris,

Sorry to trouble you, but some chap on the Pinkun Forum is purporting that you have confided in him a story that there is a Chinese Consortium bidding to take over at Carrow Road.

Would you care to confirm this is true or are we dealing with another legendary website warrior here?

Sorry to bother you with this, but I''m simply getting sick to my back teeth of the host of rumours circulating and wanted to know of you are prepared to give this one any credibility.

Regards

Andy Larkin

ENDS

So… we wait!
[/quote]

Heard anything yet Andy?

Completely missed all of this this morning, and really don''t have the time to read through all the pages, so can someone sum up where we are in terms of validity to this claim?Any named sources or is it still just the old ''I can''t name the person who told me this but he is reliable and this is happening'' like we saw with the Manager hunt where peoples ''Sources'' 100% confirmed that it was Adkins or Robbins.Cheers

I''ve heard to much guff like this since the Cullum story broke to beleive a word of it now.

If it happens then great but i certainly am not getting my hopes up when it comes to new investment.

I have spoken to my Chinese friend and he assures me that he has no idea what I''m talking about.Surely that settles it.  We all know there aren''t that many Chinese folk in the world so he''s bound to be in the loop (if there is one).

"It just means this guy was able to read what was already here and make a story to match.  Just like how they wrote the New Testament."

So the takeover is the Gospel truth?! :)

[quote user="Mr McNally''s Alter Ego"][quote user="kdncfc"]I believe this because I need a straw to cling to, never felt so low about NCFC as I do at this moment in time and I yearn for a post like this to finally be true.[/quote]

Have you tried religion?
[/quote/]

Divine intervention may be the only thing that can save us.

Could someone make a joke about takeaways and/or funny Chinese names for me please. I think that''s what this thread is really missing.

[:|]

Why is this no more widespread if it has any truth to it, especially if he was telling a few people within the BBC, we all know how these things work, he tells 2 people who each tell 2 people etc

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]Why is this no more widespread if it has any truth to it, especially if he was telling a few people within the BBC, we all know how these things work, he tells 2 people who each tell 2 people etc

[/quote]Chinese Whispers?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Could someone make a joke about takeaways and/or funny Chinese names for me please. I think that''s what this thread is really missing.

[:|]

[/quote]Bryan Gunn has already sorted a job out with the new owners,  as they own a string of Mr Wishy Washy Launderettes.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

Just heard from a very reliable source at a news corporation that a Chinese consortium is now ready to invest in the club and takeover from Delia and MWJ!

One of their requirements before their investment was that a professional football manager had to be in place with the vision to make Norwich a Premiership club again and therefore Paul Lambert has been appointed accordingly. According to the same source, the board had already agreed to replace Bryan Gunn at the beginning of the season with Paul Lambert in mind, hence the quick appointment. The Colchester game disaster only made their plan much easier to execute and was not the real reason for Gunn''s sacking.

So like I''ve said, in the near future, Norwich will receive a bid from an unamed Chinese consortium now the new manager is in place!

Just please remember that you heard it here first! [:)]

[/quote]

This would be good because maybe we will have a chinese takeway for half time in the ground.

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="GoldenNugget"]Why is this no more widespread if it has any truth to it, especially if he was telling a few people within the BBC, we all know how these things work, he tells 2 people who each tell 2 people etc

[/quote]Chinese Whispers?[/quote][:D]Knew it was coming

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Heard anything yet Andy?[/quote]My mother has spoken to Silvee(?) and she (Silvee(?) that is) is going to ask Roy when he comes in for his tea? (Or something like that! You know what mothers are like, loads more information than you need!) She did like the fact she was getting involved in some sort of underhand, espionage type thing… I didn''t have the heart to tell her it was debunking/proving a "story" from the Pinkun!

This is like the ''Steve Coppell next Norwich manager thread'' someone had a contact that was 100% sure that Coppell would be the next manager, then we had sightings of Mr Coppell. Starts off with new Chinese investment, then we have sightings of Delia with a chinese bloke, then the same ending with both posts none of them arrive.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Heard anything yet Andy?[/quote]

My mother has spoken to Silvee(?) and she (Silvee(?) that is) is going to ask Roy when he comes in for his tea?

(Or something like that! You know what mothers are like, loads more information than you need!)

She did like the fact she was getting involved in some sort of underhand, espionage type thing… I didn''t have the heart to tell her it was debunking/proving a "story" from the Pinkun!
[/quote]

lol awww bless her, Andy you should have told her what was going on, next she''ll be in a mac hiding in a bush takings pics secret squirrel stuff.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]This is like the ''Steve Coppell next Norwich manager thread'' someone had a contact that was 100% sure that Coppell would be the next manager, then we had sightings of Mr Coppell. Starts off with new Chinese investment, then we have sightings of Delia with a chinese bloke, then the same ending with both posts none of them arrive.[/quote]

Or not. The sightings were reported 2-3 week before this thread. However I  think you have the ending spot on.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

in a mac hiding in a bush takings pics

[/quote]

Watch you don''t get ''Ma Larkin'' confused with Ralph Wright staking out Arthur.
[/quote]

lol no chance of that

The chinese man with Delia was Gok Wan. He ( or is it a she ) was here to give ideas to Delia for a new kit design. It will be the most expensive kit in England. It will be sweat proof for the players and............  hang on, sweat proof? The last Norwich player to sweat was Croft when his mars bar had melted when he left it in the car.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]The chinese man with Delia was Gok Wan. He ( or is it a she ) was here to give ideas to Delia for a new kit design. It will be the most expensive kit in England. It will be sweat proof for the players and............  hang on, sweat proof? The last Norwich player to sweat was Croft when his mars bar had melted when he left it in the car.[/quote]I wonder if she pointed out to him that his name is an anagram for the kind of instruction I always wanted when I was a teenager.

I don''t want a lot. 2-3mil a year on transfers - Players who we can sell on, at a young age and get the benefit from as they progress or decent players for the league we are in at the time. We use to do all that. I have no desire to be Man City, just want to think, yeah we signed a decent player there (Ashton, Earnshaw, Huckerby). It feels like so long ago we signed a quality player. I think Hoolahan and Clingan were close to that, but wern''t really stand out players for the league.

Do i ask too much?