Sign in to follow this  
open goal

Players Reaction

Just re-watching the football highlights programme - now available on iplayer, 29 minutes and 30 seconds in.

Watch the players reactions in comparison to last week. All the players celebrate when we score and they all look gutted when we concede. Though none more than Simon Lappin. He acts like a captain. Watch his reaction for the first goal. He makes a point telling the defence what is what when we conceded the first time. And celebrated the hardest whenever we scored.

No one would be able to blame him for wanting out in the summer. I was lucky enough to speak to him before he resigned and asked him if he wanted to stay now we had been relegated and he hadn’t really got a game. He was adamant at the time he wanted to stay and ''get the club out of this dreadful mess''

I Really Like Lappin, After Everything He Has Been Through, He Sticks With The Club! He Has The Right Attitude As Well. I Hope He Does Really Well For Us This Season! [:D]

Do you remember the year we got in the play-offs. I believe it was a game against Sheffield Wednesday, Steeno and Kenton doubled up their left winger, played a long ball to setup an attack before high fiving in front of the snake pit. Bit more of that, it was classic. Bit of passion goes a long way. Individually, not many of the players would set the world alight but as a team they were far more than the sum of their parts.

2-0 down in the 92nd minute when you score hardly gives a reason to celebrate - we took and stayed ahead in this game so it was going to mean a lot

But it was good to see Lappin step it up when needed.

I also noticed at the end of the game, whilst everyone was clearly happy, Lappin was the one who was pumping his fists in delight.  It was great to see, and a great performance by him.

My favourite is Askou personally- he celebrates every goal as if he''s just won a trophy, bless him.

Lappin''s great. I love his approach to footy - not spoiled at all. I hope he has a significant season for us this year. His reaction to the noise we were making at Brentford last week in the warm up was great. As they approached our end for some overlapping excercises he was pointing at us and holding his arms out to his team mates as if to say ''look at the support - isn''t it amazing''...

I''m glad Lappin''s back in most fans'' good books :) Always admired him ever since the first time I saw him play. Hope he does well this season.

[quote user="Mason 47"]My favourite is Askou personally- he celebrates every goal as if he''s just won a trophy, bless him.[/quote]

Indeed, bit of a kodak moment lol

[quote user="Sam-NCFC"]I''m glad Lappin''s back in most fans'' good books :) Always admired him ever since the first time I saw him play. Hope he does well this season.
[/quote]

Don''t think he was ever out of most fans good book was he?  Just stupid bloody stupid managers!!!

Lappin is my favourate player [:D] but Adeyemi''s reaction when we got the penalty at Yeovil was adorable, he acted like we had scored, punching the air with his fist and shouting yes.