Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

OT: The Ashes

"Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Freddie Flintoff."Selfish twerp. It''s not about you. Goodbye and good ridance.

[quote user="Penfold"]"Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Freddie Flintoff."

Selfish twerp. It''s not about you. Goodbye and good ridance.
[/quote]

Goodbye Freddie you have been great for us, hope you have success in your future carreer [:D]

[quote user="Penfold"]"Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Freddie Flintoff."Selfish twerp. It''s not about you. Goodbye and good ridance.[/quote]

T*AT

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="Penfold"]"Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Freddie Flintoff."Selfish twerp. It''s not about you. Goodbye and good ridance.[/quote]

Goodbye Freddie you have been great for us, hope you have success in your future carreer [:D]

[/quote]In what way has he been great for us? He''s a terrible batsman, and he''s only taken three five wicket hauls. The media have built this guy into something he never was. Posturing, posing and sneering are not skills.

[quote user="Norwich"][quote user="Penfold"]"Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Fred. Stupid, stupid Freddie Flintoff."Selfish twerp. It''s not about you. Goodbye and good ridance.[/quote]

T*AT[/quote]I''m a tw*t? I''m not the one trying to take personal glory when we''re trying to win the Ashes. Get lost Fred you selfish git.

[quote user="Norwich"]Yepp, a T*AT[/quote]Fukk you. On what basis? I''ve provided a reason for my dislike of Flintstone. What''s yours?

He has played with his heart on his sleeve for many years, and has won us so many matches. As proved with this ashes series, stats don''t do the talking.

Fred has won us THIS Ashes series??? Have you been watching? His bowling average this series is 46.87! Broad on the other hand has a bowling average of 27.82, and two test ago people were calling for him to be dropped, saying he is useless!! I''ll take the useless Broad over the media darling Freddie every single time.

[quote user="Norwich"]He has played with his heart on his sleeve for many years, and has won us so many matches. As proved with this ashes series, stats don''t do the talking.[/quote]

If you didn''t understand, I meant Stats don''t always do the talking as proved with this ashes series (Aussies 7 centuries, England 1; Strauss the only english batsmen in the top 5 batsmen this series etc.

Stats count at the end of careers though, particularly if they''re going to be proclaimed a legend. My point is that Freddies stats don''t show him to be the player that the media want everybody to believe. His stats are good, but not great.

[quote user="Norwich"]Agreed mate, sorry for being snappy. I just thought it was a bit disrespectful.[/quote]Fair enough. In my original post I was just saying that people who play for themselves wind me right up.

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Norwich"]He has played with his heart on his sleeve for many years, and has won us so many matches. As proved with this ashes series, stats don''t do the talking.[/quote][/quote]

You have to love how long our tail is nowadays.

In more recent history they were always bowled out for like 20 runs in total. Now you almost expect our tail to put on 100 at least.

[quote user="Downloads"]

You have to love how long our tail is nowadays.

In more recent history they were always bowled out for like 20 runs in total. Now you almost expect our tail to put on 100 at least.

[/quote]We need it with a top/middle order like ours. Our bowlers now have to do all the work.

Yeah, need Pieterson back big time, hopefully Trott might be the man to come in after Pieterson now, but no. 3 is still the most worrying position for me. Not saying i am pleased with Cook, but no. 3 just worries me more at the moment. The runs Bell has got seems more by luck than anything and should probably have been given out much earlier in those couple of innings. What about Key?

I might get myself into another arguement here, but... I''m not too keen on Pietersen either. I don''t like all these ''I''m the star'' players. I just want a nice solid professional team.Cook, Bell and Collingwood really are a waste of space. Cook and Bell are too timid for test cricket, they can''t impose themselves on a bowler. On the plus side there are some decent players around in county cricket, whether the selectors will break up the boys club and use them is another matter. Strangely, or embarrassingly, a lot of ''our'' better players are England qualified South Africans; Jonathan Trott, Stephen Moore, Michael Lumb, Kevin Pietersen, not to mention South African born Andrew Strauss and Matt Prior. We could easily end up as South African ''B''.

[quote user="Penfold"]I might get myself into another arguement here, but... I''m not too keen on Pietersen either. I don''t like all these ''I''m the star'' players. I just want a nice solid professional team.

Cook, Bell and Collingwood really are a waste of space. Cook and Bell are too timid for test cricket, they can''t impose themselves on a bowler.

On the plus side there are some decent players around in county cricket, whether the selectors will break up the boys club and use them is another matter. Strangely, or embarrassingly, a lot of ''our'' better players are England qualified South Africans; Jonathan Trott, Stephen Moore, Michael Lumb, Kevin Pietersen, not to mention South African born Andrew Strauss and Matt Prior. We could easily end up as South African ''B''.
[/quote]

lol i won''t argue with you, but won''t agree with you either. I think Pieterson is a world class cricketer, even if he doesn''t have a world class attitude!

Back to the cricket tho, first class job from Swann there. Really has put out of reach with that innings i feel.

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="Penfold"]I might get myself into another arguement here, but... I''m not too keen on Pietersen either. I don''t like all these ''I''m the star'' players. I just want a nice solid professional team.Cook, Bell and Collingwood really are a waste of space. Cook and Bell are too timid for test cricket, they can''t impose themselves on a bowler. On the plus side there are some decent players around in county cricket, whether the selectors will break up the boys club and use them is another matter. Strangely, or embarrassingly, a lot of ''our'' better players are England qualified South Africans; Jonathan Trott, Stephen Moore, Michael Lumb, Kevin Pietersen, not to mention South African born Andrew Strauss and Matt Prior. We could easily end up as South African ''B''.[/quote]

lol i won''t argue with you, but won''t agree with you either. I think Pieterson is a world class cricketer, even if he doesn''t have a world class attitude!

Back to the cricket tho, first class job from Swann there. Really has put out of reach with that innings i feel.

[/quote]Oh, I agree with you about Pietersens talent, but he''s throwing it all away by constantly going for the headlines. It''s hugely frustraiting to watch.

Nice one, Booger!You know the problem with the England team? English players! Bring in more Saffers. Lol.