Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

OT: The Ashes

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]With a lead of 400+ there is only one winner in this match, that pitch will turn big on day 4, expect Swann to get a fair few wickets in the last innings.[/quote]

Whats wrong with the pitch???

[/quote]Didn''t say there was anything wrong with it did I?  Anything that helps the bowler is good for me, I''m fed up of these test wickets that are as flat as a pancake.  It''s dry, and will keep deteriorating, and if its produces a result then it is all well and good in my books.  There have been 13 first class matches at The Oval this year, and all have ended in a draw.  I think the groundsman should be praised for the pitch he has produced.[/quote]Agreed. And if he has prepared a pitch to help the spinners that can hardly have been a move aimed at helping England. There was nothing to stop Australia picking a spinner themselves, added to which they have three half-decent part-time spin bowlers in the batting line-up in Katich, Clarke and North.

Great Display today, we are doing our best to desrtoy all are hardwork, need to get to close with no more wickets down, plenty of time left, we need another 180 runs and we will be very hard to beat on this wicket....Come on will give us something to cheer in the current footballing circumstances

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Norwich,I know they are not crap but if anybody can lose from this position its us!! They make me so nervous![/quote]Indeed... the afternoon''s bowling has been a joy to follow, but then I stopped to watch a film... now I come back to 49-3!! Only England....We now need to dig in and get a day''s batting under our belts... there''s still 3 days of this test left, in theory!!

Collingwood looked scared on the bouncer, think the first ball he faced shook him up.In the final test of an ashes series with the whole thing on the line you have got to man up and be better than that.Looked like he wanted to get out before he got hit with the ball.A poor display!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Apparently Collingwood was given out to a no ball - that evens up the North decision.

[/quote]

As was Strauss in the first innings

[quote user="Norwich"]Close. Despite that blip, absolutely cracking day for England, well done lads.[/quote]

Especially Broad he was pretty impressive.

I am going to both of the one-dayers at TB, went to the whole of the Trent Bridge test in 2005, cracking 4 days out and a cracking game.

Agreed, Broad was VERY impressive, everyone was calling for him to be dropped and now he is our highest wicket taker!

[quote user="Norwich"]No? I am not even watching...[/quote]Still at work at half 6, and you''re only 14 (well that''s what you said in another thread anyway.......?We''re still on top, chance for Freddie to shine tomorrow, I think Trott may well get a big score as well.  He averages over 80 in first class cricket this season, and I''ve got a good feeling about him, even though he is just another South African to add to our squad!

Dry wicket.  Never seen a wicket get better at the Brit. Anything nearing 320-340 ahead then we have an excellent chance. So much depends on Strauss holding an end and the others scoring a few lucky boundaries.  Remember we''ve picked a bowling team and are fortunate that Swann and Broad can both hold a bat.  It''s a result wicket and credit to the Brit Oval team for providing it.  Hold onto your hat''s, this is going to be a good finale. 

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Norwich"]No? I am not even watching...[/quote]Still at work at half 6, and you''re only 14 (well that''s what you said in another thread anyway.......?We''re still on top, chance for Freddie to shine tomorrow, I think Trott may well get a big score as well.  He averages over 80 in first class cricket this season, and I''ve got a good feeling about him, even though he is just another South African to add to our squad!

[/quote]

My dad had to pop in for an hour, so he can finish off all the bits and bobs to get next week off! Whilst I got the computer. lol

[quote user="jksla32"]why is everyone moaning about troot his grandparents are english and another south african there''s only him, kp and strauss[/quote]Prior as well.