Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

The sad facts................

Yesterday for Wycombe Wanders we had more fans then: Hull, Birmingham,Wigan, Barnsley, Blackpool, bristol, Donacster,Ipswich,Notingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunhorpe and Swansea! In fact only Sunderland Arsenal and Man city had more!!!It actually beggars belief we cant compete we these teams in the transfer market.Pointless fact really but give a pat on the Back to us Norwich Fans anyway!  roll on the good times!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Yesterday for Wycombe Wanders we had more fans then: Hull, Birmingham,Wigan, Barnsley, Blackpool, bristol, Donacster,Ipswich,Notingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunhorpe and Swansea! In fact only Sunderland Arsenal and Man city had more!!!
It actually beggars belief we cant compete we these teams in the transfer market.

Pointless fact really but give a pat on the Back to us Norwich Fans anyway!  roll on the good times!
[/quote]

Yep!!

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Yesterday for Wycombe Wanders we had more fans then: Hull, Birmingham,Wigan, Barnsley, Blackpool, bristol, Donacster,Ipswich,Notingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunhorpe and Swansea! In fact only Sunderland Arsenal and Man city had more!!!It actually beggars belief we cant compete we these teams in the transfer market.Pointless fact really but give a pat on the Back to us Norwich Fans anyway!  roll on the good times![/quote]

Yep!!

[/quote]

yeah but interesting!always takes  clever nob like you to highlight  it out!

Truth is that whilst packing out Carrow is something that makes me proud (I for one hate the whole ''blind sheep, happy clappers'' epithet), and something that opposing fans begrudgingly respect, crowd attendance just isn''t the key revenue earner if footy anymore. This is a factor that continues to put dents in the modern game. A capacity crowd says a lot about the club and its history / community importance but we the people no longer have the direct influence on the majority turnover of our club. Sponsorship and TV rule the day.

[quote user="Romantic"]Truth is that whilst packing out Carrow is something that makes me proud (I for one hate the whole ''blind sheep, happy clappers'' epithet), and something that opposing fans begrudgingly respect, crowd attendance just isn''t the key revenue earner if footy anymore. This is a factor that continues to put dents in the modern game. A capacity crowd says a lot about the club and its history / community importance but we the people no longer have the direct influence on the majority turnover of our club. Sponsorship and TV rule the day.[/quote]

I think if we broke down the facts we still have 15000 to 18000 paying adults, its worrying how we cant compete and how someone hasnt eyed us up for a take over!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Yesterday for Wycombe Wanders we had more fans then: Hull, Birmingham,Wigan, Barnsley, Blackpool, bristol, Donacster,Ipswich,Notingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunhorpe and Swansea! In fact only Sunderland Arsenal and Man city had more!!!
It actually beggars belief we cant compete we these teams in the transfer market.

Pointless fact really but give a pat on the Back to us Norwich Fans anyway!  roll on the good times!
[/quote]

The envy of many clubs in the land no doubt, although many on here would have us labelled as the happy clappy sheep who turn up in our droves instead of staying away to force DS out !

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Yesterday for Wycombe Wanders we had more fans then: Hull, Birmingham,Wigan, Barnsley, Blackpool, bristol, Donacster,Ipswich,Notingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Scunhorpe and Swansea! In fact only Sunderland Arsenal and Man city had more!!!It actually beggars belief we cant compete we these teams in the transfer market.Pointless fact really but give a pat on the Back to us Norwich Fans anyway!  roll on the good times![/quote]

The envy of many clubs in the land no doubt, although many on here would have us labelled as the happy clappy sheep who turn up in our droves instead of staying away to force DS out !

[/quote]

season tickets are payed for, that wont happen!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Yep!!

[/quote]

yeah but interesting!

always takes  clever nob like you to highlight  it out!
[/quote]

Very clever to throw an insult at someone....more clever to spell it correctly!

It is an interesting fact but one which is already being discussed on another thread if you would take a moment in your obviously very busy life to check on the thread list!

And one which is repeated week in week out

....and thanks for noticing that I am really quite clever.

[quote user="Romantic"]Truth is that whilst packing out Carrow is something that makes me proud (I for one hate the whole ''blind sheep, happy clappers'' epithet), and something that opposing fans begrudgingly respect, crowd attendance just isn''t the key revenue earner if footy anymore. This is a factor that continues to put dents in the modern game. A capacity crowd says a lot about the club and its history / community importance but we the people no longer have the direct influence on the majority turnover of our club. Sponsorship and TV rule the day.
[/quote]

Herein lies the truth Romantic.

Pity it is too blatantly obvious to be seen by so many on here.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

season tickets are payed for, that wont happen!
[/quote]

I think you will find that a large proportion of ST are paid monthly so if you really wanted to stop your direct debit and return your ticket you could.

I have always said that we could get 35k plus against the big teams if we were in the prem, I just hope that we get an owner with the money and vision to see that and extend the ground accordingly...after they''ve spent a bit on the team obviously.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I have always said that we could get 35k plus against the big teams if we were in the prem, I just hope that we get an owner with the money and vision to see that and extend the ground accordingly...after they''ve spent a bit on the team obviously.[/quote]

If we did that, I`m sure there are those who would complain that we should not have spent money on ground improvements as soon as the team went through a bad patch though

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Romantic"]Truth is that whilst packing out Carrow is something that makes me proud (I for one hate the whole ''blind sheep, happy clappers'' epithet), and something that opposing fans begrudgingly respect, crowd attendance just isn''t the key revenue earner if footy anymore. This is a factor that continues to put dents in the modern game. A capacity crowd says a lot about the club and its history / community importance but we the people no longer have the direct influence on the majority turnover of our club. Sponsorship and TV rule the day.
[/quote]

Herein lies the truth Romantic.

Pity it is too blatantly obvious to be seen by so many on here.

[/quote]

It isn''t in the Premiership but the lower divisions are a different story, especially when you add in the merchandise, programmes, food and drink people buy when they go to games.

With the drop in sponsorship as a result of the economic situation, I wouldn''t be surprised if attendance is the key factor at the moment, or very close to it.

its just a shame a team with such a big following have been so let down over the years , pitty delia and gang did not see it that way.

credit to all norwich fans and to be honest we deserve alot more .

We can''t compete the transfer market for a number of reasons:We are in the third division, playing in remote Norfolk - less attractiveWe have good crowds, but charge lessOur admission proceeds do not cover our staff wages, and we have no big-monied chairman to pay for transfers (we did briefly but.....)

[/quote]

The sad facts are that as with many "FACTS" posted on here these aren''t really facts at all.

We obviously can''t compete with Hull City in the transfer market now. What player would sign for a League One club in front of a Premier Club! And even if they would how could any League One club afford Premiership wages. But last time us and Hull were in the same division we could compete. In fact we out bid them and signed Jamie Cureton from under their noses. Yes we bagged our man and they were left guzumped! Hull then spent the money that was burning a hole in their pocket on Caleb Folan and brought in Fraizer Campbell on loan. I often wonder how different things would have been for them if we hadn''t competed with them for Curo''s signature. But it''s pointless to wonder because it won''t change anything. But it does rather support my view that it''s not lack of money that''s been our biggest problem.

I agree mate.. our fans are the best in the world so roll on the good times!

If we apply some of the silly logic on this thread Newcastle would be Premier league Champions -or close to

Leeds would not have spent many trying to get back to the Premier

If success was just based on attendances - what a simple game it would be

We all its about a good manager, his ability to assemble quality players , his ability to gel them into a cohesive , skillful, competitive unit capable of defeating the majority of teams in Citys division

Maintaining team spirit and motivatin counts for a lot

The extra few thousabd shouting from the stands might help when results are going in out favour

Numbers alone don''t bring success