Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Jamie Cureton getting booed

[quote user="singing canary"]

how to kill a players confidence before he kicks a ball .

its wrong and damaging to the player involved

[/quote]Agree.Some of our so called supporters need to look the word up in the dictionary. It''s not a fecking pantomime, it''s a game of football.

[quote user="singing canary"]

how to kill a players confidence before he kicks a ball .

its wrong and damaging to the player involved

[/quote]I agree entirely and would never boo a City player. Having said that, I didn''t think Cureton offered much yesterday other than one decent lay-off while out wide. He never really got into scoring positions and was too slow / not inclined to chase 50/50 balls.I know McDonald came on when the Wycombe defence were tiring but he was a breath of fresh air, chasing and harrying and never allowing the defence time to settle. His hold up play to put Holt in for his second was exquisite and he seemed to have a really good understanding with him.Although totally different players in both style and stature, I wonder if Holt and Cody could form a similar partnership to Boyer and MacDougall. Boyer didn''t score that many goals at the start but laid on hatfulls for MacDougall to score (eg 1975/6 in the old First Division, when McDougall scored 28 and Boyer 11).

[quote user="Tookie140"]

I thought this was bang out of order.

Discuss...........

[/quote]

I didn''t hear any booing for him this week, none from the Barclay or the City Stand, thought he got a good round of applause in fact.

Maybe it''s just me, but I thought Jamie played well yesterday.  Used the ball well, brought others into play and seemed to have a good understanding with McVeigh.  Wish he''d scored, would have capped off a good performance.  But yeah, Cody looked sharp when he came on also.

I was sitting in the N+P upper and heard no booing.

Thought cureton was solid yesterday not spectacular but did a good job. He looked a different player yesterday more linked up into play a lot more than usual and his head was up lookin positive which is a massive change to a guy who looked really low on confidence.

If we can get him scoring he will be great in this league.

[quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I heard nothing but cheers for him![/quote]

Well the N&P top tier was where i was sitting and i heard quite a lot.

[/quote]You must have good ears,i have never heard nothing from the n&p

[quote user="Norwich"]Never boo, what use does it have?[/quote]

Tell that to the guy in the upper Barclay block E. Always moans about him even if he is not on the pitch! He is always yelling out loud!

[quote user="Norwich"]We need someone with pace who can rip through defenses, score the odd goal, but more importantly set up Holty. That guy = CodyMac[/quote]

One word..................................deluded !