Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

DEAN ASHTON

Their are stories in the Sunday papers saying he may have to stop playing because of recuring ankle injuries .

He was a quality striker one i firmly thought was just the type of forward England were crying out for .

He is still only in his late twenties and to finish so young is a loss to this great game we all follow .

Good luck Deano

I would be gutted at this news. Ashton is a great natural talent and it''s so frustrating watching injury hamper what would otherwise be a stellar career. He''s an intelligent guy, never slotting into the archetypal modern footballist mode. I can only hope that he finds himself a media or management career so that we''re not denied his input and personality.Top bloke and the best of luck to him. Ultimately it may be that Norwich had the best of him.

[quote user="Romantic"]I would be gutted at this news. Ashton is a great natural talent and it''s so frustrating watching injury hamper what would otherwise be a stellar career. He''s an intelligent guy, never slotting into the archetypal modern footballist mode. I can only hope that he finds himself a media or management career so that we''re not denied his input and personality.Top bloke and the best of luck to him. Ultimately it may be that Norwich had the best of him.[/quote]PERSONALITY do me a favour

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Romantic"]I would be gutted at this news. Ashton is a great natural talent and it''s so frustrating watching injury hamper what would otherwise be a stellar career. He''s an intelligent guy, never slotting into the archetypal modern footballist mode. I can only hope that he finds himself a media or management career so that we''re not denied his input and personality.Top bloke and the best of luck to him. Ultimately it may be that Norwich had the best of him.[/quote]PERSONALITY do me a favour [/quote]I don''t mean he''s Cannon and Ball! I mean he''s the type of bloke I for one would like to see more of in footy.

A big shame, mostly because of our sell on clauses. No doubt he''s a talented lad but Worthington is now vindicated for selling him when he did.

Surely our sell on clauses can''t be seen as the main reason why this news is a shame? I''m actually more concerned about the fact that a potentially stellar English career comes to an end.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]A big shame, mostly because of our sell on clauses. No doubt he''s a talented lad but Worthington is now vindicated for selling him when he did.[/quote]Not really as it was the tackle from SWP during a training session that crocked him, and could have happened to anyone ,nothing to do with general fitness. And worthy had no choice but to sell him he wanted to leave.

This is a shame, I honest thought Ashton had it in him to be a regular pick for England and to be a top class striker in this country for a decade or more. While he is hardly a Norwich legend due to the lack of time spent at the club he is one of the best forwards I have seen where the yellow and green.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Wow just spent the last ten minutes looking through clips of Norwich on You tube, it just hits home how far we have fallen, will we ever reach these heights again???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FebBxbGXY&feature=related

[/quote]

I like the ''errr, this is almost Fantasy Football'' line from the commentator. I remember that being used in the Fantasy Football League program titles with Baddiel and Skinner (best football program ever) but never realised it was in the commentary from our most famous win!

Ashton was the one buy except for Drinkell that excited me as a forward for City. The goal that I remember most was the little dink against Man City - in the game Delia made her own!!! 

What''s more I was holding on to my signed shirt for when he beat Bobby Charlton''s England scoring record? however my loss is far less than Deans - I just wish him at the best for the future.