Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

5th biggest attendance in the country today

That''s terrible, shows how rubbish the fan bases of all champ and the majority of prem teams are but still we are in div 3

Fair enough, I''m watching wba ipswich on the league show and there''s hardly anyone there! It''s ridiculous, well done Norwich fans for sticking it out

Stan Collymore mentioned this on Talksport also mentioned the fact that we had 18,000 season ticket holders whereas Blackburn only have 4,000

BLACKBURN HAVE 4,000 !!! [:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]

Its sad to see teams like this.

Just shows we have the facilities of a Prem league team. But are a 3rd Tier team [:(]

[quote user="Brendan"]

BLACKBURN HAVE 4,000 !!! [:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]

Its sad to see teams like this.

Just shows we have the facilities of a Prem league team. But are a 3rd Tier team [:(]

[/quote]

Its a shame the board can''t match our (the fans) enthusiasm/ambition/passion/support - what ever you call it!

Its actually scary how big a crowd we could get if we returned to the premiership...........

Probably build another tier and fill it without thinking..................

I find it inconceivable that the our attendances at both Championship and now League 1 level can go unmissed week after week for years by parties looking to invest in a football club.

I do think this is the 1 thing the board have been very good on, we have very competitively priced season tickets and the sad thing is that Blackburns 4000 possibly bring in more revenue than our 18,000?The board have kept football affordable and I appalud them for that.With new owners this could quickly change. I would suggest that if news of a takeover is filtering through people top up to a 5 year if possible.The child and OAP prices are especially friendly and it is good to see.[:D]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I do think this is the 1 thing the board have been very good on, we have very competitively priced season tickets and the sad thing is that Blackburns 4000 possibly bring in more revenue than our 18,000?

The board have kept football affordable and I appalud them for that.

With new owners this could quickly change. I would suggest that if news of a takeover is filtering through people top up to a 5 year if possible.

The child and OAP prices are especially friendly and it is good to see.[:D]

[/quote]

(Checking on the Blackburn site)

Season prices for the two ends and Riverside stand £199 going up to £349 for Jack Walker Stand Centre

OAP''s £129 to £249

Under 8 For free, under 15 for £65 to £99

(Checking on the Norwich  site)

Compired to £366 for our ends to £509 for City Stand Centre if brought in Feb, then upto Â£479 to £681 at the end of the season (over twice the price) 

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I do think this is the 1 thing the board have been very good on, we have very competitively priced season tickets and the sad thing is that Blackburns 4000 possibly bring in more revenue than our 18,000?The board have kept football affordable and I appalud them for that.With new owners this could quickly change. I would suggest that if news of a takeover is filtering through people top up to a 5 year if possible.The child and OAP prices are especially friendly and it is good to see.[:D]

[/quote]

I think you will find that the average blacburn fan pays a considerably lot less than the average Norwich fan to watch a game

http://www.football.co.uk/blackburn_rovers/rovers_slash_season_ticket_prices_rss106744.shtml

and I don''t know for certain but I would have thought that apart from the obvious big teams we have one of the most expensive season tickets in the country.

Wigan got 18,164 for the visit of Manchester United yesterday.

Just finished watching it on TV. There were several large gaps in the stands.

A pity we can''t get their Chairman to take us on!!! We''d do so well together.

OTBC

Arsenal 4 Portsmouth 1  
Attend: 60,049

Birmingham 0 Stoke 0 FT
Attend: 21,694 

Hull 1 Bolton 0 FT
Attend: 22,999  

Man City 1 Wolverhampton 0 FT
Attend: 47,287

Sunderland 2 Blackburn 1 FT
Attend: 37,106 

Wigan 0 Man Utd 5 FT
Attend: 18,164

Coventry 0 Swansea 1 FT
Attend: 16,307

Crystal Palace 0 Newcastle 2 FT
Attend: 20,643

Derby 2 Plymouth 1 FT
Attend: 25,660

Leicester 1 Barnsley 0 FT
Attend: 21,799

Middlesbrough 2 Doncaster 0 FT
Attend: 22,041

Preston 2 Peterborough 0 FT
Attend: 11,549

QPR 1 Nottm Forest 1 FT
Attend: 13,058

Reading 1 Sheff Utd 3 FT
Attend: 16,025

Sheff Wed 4 Scunthorpe 0 FT
Attend: 20,215

Watford 2 Blackpool 2 FT
Attend: 12,745

West Brom 2 Ipswich 0 FT
Attend: 19,390

Brighton 2 Stockport 4 FT
Attend: 5,270

Bristol Rovers 1 Huddersfield 0 FT
Attend: 6,952

Carlisle 0 Exeter 1 FT
Attend: 5,156

Charlton 2 Walsall 0 FT
Attend: 19,890

Gillingham 0 Hartlepool 1 FT
Attend: 4,969

Leeds 3 Tranmere 0 FT
Attend: 21,692   

Milton Keynes Dons 2 Colchester 1 FT
Attend: 8,633

Norwich 5 Wycombe 2 FT
Attend: 23,428

Oldham 2 Swindon 2 FT
Attend: 4,229

Southampton 1 Brentford 1 FT 
Attend: 19,169

Yeovil 3 Leyton Orient 3 FT  
Attend: 3,827

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Only derby, arsenal, man city and Sunderland higher. Great effort.[/quote]

lol.....didnt see this one when i started mine! hey ho!

[quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I do think this is the 1 thing the board have been very good on, we have very competitively priced season tickets and the sad thing is that Blackburns 4000 possibly bring in more revenue than our 18,000?The board have kept football affordable and I appalud them for that.With new owners this could quickly change. I would suggest that if news of a takeover is filtering through people top up to a 5 year if possible.The child and OAP prices are especially friendly and it is good to see.[:D]

[/quote]

Season prices for the two ends and Riverside stand £199 going up to £349 for Jack Walker Stand Centre

OAP''s £129 to £249

Compired to £366 for our ends to £509 for City Stand Centre if brought in Feb, then upto Â£479 to £681 at the end of the season (over twice the price) 

[/quote]

That just about sums Norwich up,welcome to the big Delia rip off!

[quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I do think this is the 1 thing the board have been very good on, we have very competitively priced season tickets and the sad thing is that Blackburns 4000 possibly bring in more revenue than our 18,000?

The board have kept football affordable and I appalud them for that.

With new owners this could quickly change. I would suggest that if news of a takeover is filtering through people top up to a 5 year if possible.

The child and OAP prices are especially friendly and it is good to see.[:D]

[/quote]

OAP''s £129 to £249

[/quote]

This "cheaper tickets than everyone else" is another of these silly myths which has caught on with little to back it up.  Most clubs have cheap kids tickets these days and most clubs who regularly have swathes of empty seats run cheap offers to try to fill them.

We are certainly "reasonable" (to the clubs credit) but we are not particularly cheap.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]

[/quote]

OAP''s £129 to £249

[/quote]

This "cheaper tickets than everyone else" is another of these silly myths which has caught on with little to back it up.  Most clubs have cheap kids tickets these days and most clubs who regularly have swathes of empty seats run cheap offers to try to fill them.

We are certainly "reasonable" (to the clubs credit) but we are not particularly cheap.

[/quote]

it would interesting to see the ratio of paying adults to children! i reckon we still have over 15000 adults.... thats a hell of a lot!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Its actually scary how big a crowd we could get if we returned to the premiership...........

[/quote]

Exactly.  And to think that to many people (yes,even City supporters) we are still little norwich........[8-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

Exactly.  And to think that to many people (yes,even City supporters) we are still little norwich........[8-)]

[/quote]

I wouldnt get to excited,i remember when we struggled to get 14000. Filling the ground is 1 thing Delia has got right, shame the money dosent filter down!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldnt get to excited,i remember when we struggled to get 14000. Filling the ground is 1 thing Delia has got right, shame the money dosent filter down!
[/quote]

So do i, but the fact is that attendances across the country were much lower back then.  We have always had a huge catchment area and one of the positives of recent years is that we seem to be actually taking advantage of it at last.  25k in the third division should equate to 35k in the Prem easily IMO.

Don''t forget that Blackburn and Wigan can afford to set their ST prices a lot lower due to the TV money.

Still amazing that they can''t fill the ground for their games, even at those prices.

I think it is quite extraordinary that we got 23,000 for a game against a little club like Wycombe yet Wigan were unable to even get 20,000 for a "glamour" match with Manchester United. Of course, Wigan will rightly say "So what? We are in the Premiership and not you". It is so frustrating that our massive fan base still doesnt equate to success on the field. City fans deserve better. Years ago the teams with the highest attendances used to be the ones with the most financial clout, but sadly football does not work like that any more.

[quote user="Buckethead"]I find it inconceivable that the our attendances at both Championship and now League 1 level can go unmissed week after week for years by parties looking to invest in a football club.[/quote]

So do I notts county are spending millions on a single player peterborough have got money... I believe there must be someone out there who has tried to buy us but has been refused... When delia took over we had debts of 15 million and today we have debts of 15 million and nothing to show for the last 10 years... At least chase brought land etc to get us in that position

[quote user="vman"][quote user="Buckethead"]I find it inconceivable that the our attendances at both Championship and now League 1 level can go unmissed week after week for years by parties looking to invest in a football club.
[/quote] So do I notts county are spending millions on a single player peterborough have got money... I believe there must be someone out there who has tried to buy us but has been refused... When delia took over we had debts of 15 million and today we have debts of 15 million and nothing to show for the last 10 years... At least chase brought land etc to get us in that position[/quote]

Chase left a debt of 6.5m

The debt now is at least 22m.

OTBC

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]Stan Collymore mentioned this on Talksport also mentioned the fact that we had 18,000 season ticket holders whereas Blackburn only have 4,000[/quote]Hate to be pedantic, but it was a Bolton fan who mentioned they had 4000, not Blackburn![;)]

Looking on Gillingham website, using final payment figures - keeping it simple -  which are many due to varied stands:

Rainham End: Adult £376; OAP £344; 16-21 £274; 12-16 £161; 11 & under £54

Sides: Adult Â£344 - £457

Plus the instalment plan option is only for 10 months & is NOT interest free, unlike ours over 12 months.

Remember the only decent thing to come out of Medway is the railway line!!

Kinda puts our prices into some perspective

I''m pretty sure if our ground held about 30 - 35 thousand we would still fill it!!