Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Malky Moments - leave your messages here

It has been said that the departure of the big man is evidence of the harsh realities of football but i don''t accept that we therefore have to send him down the river and forget about him.

None of us want to do that so i hope there is something we can do to show our appreciation. I''d like to begin by suggesting a post as when Iwan left, showing our appreciation and remembering some of our favourite Magic Malky Moments. So to start us off:

Gutted you are leaving like this Malky and that you have not had your chance in the prem, i''m only glad that we finally helped you in to the international scene and hope you enjoy several more games for Berti''s tartan army in the future. Maybe even an appearance in Germany!!!

Thanks for the moments - legendary 8 minute double strike against the binners, another at Portman Road, that rocket against Millwall and of course the late Stockport goal that made what we all thought impossible possible in 2002. Not to mention endless unsung rock solid displays at the heart of the fortress Carrow Road.

All the best for the future.

A1

great shout, goodbye to a norwich city all time great i wish his contract was up instead of selling him make us look so ungreatful

[quote]great shout, goodbye to a norwich city all time great i wish his contract was up instead of selling him make us look so ungreatful[/quote]

i have to agree,

I would like to see him in the big time, but never mind. ~It is up to him, he DOESNT HAVE to go.

we all know malky had his limitations , but he always  gives 100% , and in most fans eyes thats all you can ask for . i will remember malky as a scorer of important goals , he never seemed to score when we were 3-0 up ! as has been mentioned before , the two goals he scored against ipswich will put him in that little group of derbie heroes , along with  eadie , bradshaw , cureton ( green hair ) and leon . if he does go then good luck to him , above all else he''s a nice bloke and will be welcome back anytime .

Malky,

Probably a bit premature as we dont know for definate if you are leaving us but if you do then would just like to wish you all the best and hope your career continues to blossom on the International stage.  At least you have a medal to cherish which some footballers never get no matter whom they play for and lets hope it brings with it many happy memories of your days with the Yellow and Green.  For me you and Flem were absolutely superb in defence in what proved to be such an amazing season.  I repeat my message that I wrote for Iwan in that you are one of the best that has worn our shirt and you will be forever welcomed back by the supporters in whatever capacity if you ever decide to return.  

Malky,

Probably a bit premature as we dont know for definate if you are leaving us but if you do then would just like to wish you all the best and hope your career continues to blossom on the International stage.  At least you have a medal to cherish which some footballers never get no matter whom they play for and lets hope it brings with it many happy memories of your days with the Yellow and Green.  For me you and Flem were absolutely superb in defence in what proved to be such an amazing season.  I repeat my message that I wrote for Iwan in that you are one of the best that has worn our shirt and you will be forever welcomed back by the supporters in whatever capacity if you ever decide to return.  

Malky,

What a top player you have been and a great servent to this club over the years.  There are probably 3 main moments which will stick in my memory the most:

1) 90th minute, last day of the season- Stockport at home.  Seeing you rise at the back post and fire us into the play-offs!  A great day.

2) Two weeks later.  Identical situtaion at home to Wolves.  That goal gave us such a cushion going into the away leg and I''m sure we wouldn''t have got to have a great day out at Cardiff had it not been for you.

3)  Last season at home to the Scum!  I think these two goals I will cherish most of all!  Two great finishes to confirm our status as the Pride of Anglia.

You have been a magnificent servent to this club in your time here and although to many it has been cut short, I wish you the greatest luck wherever your career will take you

Malky

Thank you so much for your services to Norwich City Football Club. Excellently and consistantly a rock at the back for us. That beautiful moment where you put is into the playoffs will never be forgotten. You were also exceptionlly friendly and funny in Ha Ha''s at the end of last season, when I bumped into you and some of the other lads with a somewhat drunkien friend of mine. Basically you''re a top bloke and have always given 100% for this club. I cannot thank you enough for some wonderful memories. I still hold on to a lingering hope that you can forgive the club for it''s harsh behaviour towards you and see out your contract here, and prove you can compete in the Premiership. If not you will always be remembered with great affection.

Ole Ole Ole Ole, Malky Malky, lets let him know against Villa

Don''t leave us Malky, we still miss his strength to attack any dead balls in the Premiership this season!!!

I was fortunate enough to get an invite to the civic reception and had the pleasure of meeting Malky in person. I can honestly say that he is a real gentleman, just like Iwan, and could not be more obliging with photos/autographs etc. It was clear he had a passion for NCFC. I am shocked that he may leaving, after playing such an influentual part in getting us to the play-off final, and now the Premiership. The ''realists'' are saying that there''s no room for sentiment in football. I for one think that there are Premiership games that Malky would not have looked out of place in, and for those realists, what about the fact that if the worst happens we could be back in ''the championship'' next season. Will those players signed more recently want to stay? I know who would if he was given the choice.

If you are leaving Malky, I wish you all the very best.You''ve shown a passion and commitment to Norwich, which is something that we as fans always look for in a ''canary legend''. Cheers mate.

Malky the Leader of men
Malky the God
Malky a Legend
Malky the Scum beater

Malky has been treated disgracefully, how can you treat a player who has given 6 years of dedication like this. Remember when Worthington took over his 1st job was to re-instate Malky in the team & he has been the bedrock that Worthy built the team around over the last few seasons. Managers look for loyalty in players & if this is where loyalty gets you then why show any.

Not since Norwich sold Kevin Reeves have I been this upset about a player moving on. He deserved his chance in the Premiership & Carrow Road will not be quite the same with first Iwan & no Malky not around it.

Malky, it looks like you are definately going to the Hammers. All the best, I hope you get promoted with them and get the chance to play in the Premiership, that you deserve. You have been magnificent at this club and have been greatly appreciated.

So good luck to you and your family, we will always remember you.

blacko

Perhaps it''s a bit sentimental but I believe all players that contributed to the extent that Malky did in our success last year (and the progress of the previous seasons) should be given a chance even if only a game or two.  Imagine achieving promotion only to never see the reward!

Good Luck to the guy with the Hammers.

Malky - I loved watching you score two against the scum, and being able to sing "Malky''s on a hattrick, Malky''s on a hattrick!" it was brilliant to be able to sing that about a defender against Ipswich. Absolute quality...! And you came soooo close to making that hattrick, too!

I realise that you need to move to keep your Scotland career moving, I wish you all the best, and I''m glad that a superb team like West Ham have appreciation for what we all know you can do!

Malky

I for one am angered at your departure, no one who has done so much for our club should have been treated with such disrespect, i hope you know we, the fans, are sad at your leaving us

How could we ever forget your last minute goal which took us into the playoffs, you never failed to give your all for the canary cause and will forever be a favourite at Carrow Road, not least for your magic two against Ipswich!! 

The very best of luck to you in your new career at West Ham, i hope you realise promotion with them and get to play in the Premiership -my heart goes out to you, no one should be cheated of their dreams in this way.  It is a sad, sad week for Norwich City FC and i hope one we don''t regret

Also, the very best to your young family, we loved having you stay with us in Norfolk, i hope our county and our football club remains ever dear to you.

So many Malky Moments to choose from. I dont no which is my favorite.. but i no many produce such happy memories. Wether it''s crashing a header into the back of the net (Stockport, Wolves 2001-2) leading us out at cardiff, the crucial tackles.. well i could go on for ages. Good Luck for the future Malky, me + my family wish you all the best in your playing career (except if you play norwich of course) and of course your health.

David

A really sad day for Norwich city.

The best defence in division 1 has been broken up without kicking a ball.
Simon Charlton has looked good and Craig Fleming has been as reliable as ever but I can''t help feeling the defence has looked disorganised without Malky. We certainly don''t look as steady and I don''t think thats all due to the step up in class. We''ve also lost a threat at the other end. Most of all though if we''re struggling later in the season and heads are dropping I can''t imagine anyone I''d want in the team more.

Malky and Iwan epitomised Norwich city''s rise from mediocrity (at best !!) probably more than any other players. Iwan''s departure while sad was expected but this was a shock. I really feel Malky deserved his chance. With no trace of sentimentality I think Malky would''ve have done a good job for us, maybe not every game this year but a significant number. I hope that we don''t live to regret this and that Malky won''t remember his time in the yellow and green with any bitterness as a result.

Thanks Malky and this will pain me but I hope you get your chance with the hammers next year !!

Malky was a top man who served Norwich well and yes we do have some very important goals to thanks him for and some good solid defending most of the time.

Now we must move on as he does lack pace and is not what we need in this division but like the big gapped tooth one he will always be a City till I die star.

Best of luck with West Ham but don''t get promoted and come back here and stop us scoring!!!!

malky you were a major part of the spirit that bought an end to 9 seasons of mediocrity. no one worked harder as a player and more importantly as captain than you!

you at the very least deserved your chance to play in the premiership and i for one think you would have cut the colemans

hope it happens for you at west gammon

Malky,

Really sad and disappointed to see you go. I for one think you should have been given your chance this year in the Premiership, however it was not to be.

I will never forget your commitment, enthusiasm and leadership - for me you were our natural Captain.

My abiding memory will always be watching you with your son sitting in the centre circle at the end of the last home game last season - it brought a tear to me eye.

Good luck, Malky, you are "one of the few"!

Sorry to see you go but best of luck at West Ham.  Thank you for taking time to officially launch the hospital visiting service for Canaries for the Community and for giving the scheme your backing.  Wish you all the best with the World Cup games for Scotland. Thanks again.

Duncan MacInnes

Canaries for the Community

Thanks for the memories Malky.  You are truly a legend and will be missed.  I know how much a Norwich City win meant to you, it was clear in your reaction.

Thanks especially for the MacDouble against ipswich in our promotion season.

"He scored against the scum, he scored another one, Oh Malky, oooo-ooo-ooo-oooh!"

Good Luck.