Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Cureton to start tomorrow?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Cureton IS starting. Looks like I''ll be betting on him today![/quote]Please CUSDP, tell me this is one time you will be wrong?![/quote]

CUSDP or to be more precise, his contact at the club is never wrong.  When will some of you people learn???

[/quote]Smudger I know that.  Perhaps by my pleading you could tell that I did not want CUSDP to be right THIS TIME, blimey.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Cureton IS starting. Looks like I''ll be betting on him today![/quote]

Please CUSDP, tell me this is one time you will be wrong?!
[/quote]

CUSDP or to be more precise, his contact at the club is never wrong.  When will some of you people learn???

[/quote]

Smudger I know that.  Perhaps by my pleading you could tell that I did not want CUSDP to be right THIS TIME, blimey.
[/quote]

Yeah I know... I wonder if CUSDP knows the odds for first goalscorer or if he has got his bet on yet, before word gets out to the bookies???

[quote user="Smudger"]

I think that Cureton & Co would have to be going some to prove any worse than our squad "which looked good enough for promotion" to many but so far has 1 point from 9 (plus the worst defeat in history at Carrow Road), don''t you???

[/quote]So we''re not scoring regularly, and your solution to this problem is to bring in a striker who scored 4 goals all last season.Great logic.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

I think that Cureton & Co would have to be going some to prove any worse than our squad "which looked good enough for promotion" to many but so far has 1 point from 9 (plus the worst defeat in history at Carrow Road), don''t you???

[/quote]

So we''re not scoring regularly, and your solution to this problem is to bring in a striker who scored 4 goals all last season.

Great logic.

[/quote]

Oh ye of so little faith.................Jamie will come good with a decent manager behind him.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]So we''re not scoring regularly, and your solution to this problem is to bring in a striker who scored 4 goals all last season.Great logic.[/quote]

Oh ye of so little faith.................Jamie will come good with a decent manager behind him.

[/quote]No he won''t, he''s rubbish.  He wouldn''t come good with the England midfield behind him.

To be fair to Jamie, he can''t do any worse than Martin or MacDonald has done so far???

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

So we''re not scoring regularly, and your solution to this problem is to bring in a striker who scored 4 goals all last season.

Great logic.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No he won''t, he''s rubbish.  He wouldn''t come good with the England midfield behind him.

[/quote]

Hmm? setting yourself up early eh? thats unlike you.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]So we''re not scoring regularly, and your solution to this problem is to bring in a striker who scored 4 goals all last season.Great logic.[/quote]

[/quote]No he won''t, he''s rubbish.  He wouldn''t come good with the England midfield behind him.[/quote]

Hmm? setting yourself up early eh? thats unlike you.

[/quote]Let''s agree to disagree, I can''t be bothered to argue with you.  All I will say is this: since Cureton came back to the club, you''ve blamed his lack of goals on the managers, the other players, the lack of a target man, the midfield, and yet each time he misses another sitter, or penalty, you refuse to acknowledge it might just be because he''s not very good.He''s lost what pace he used to have, he looks ill at ease and unconfident and I think he''s finished at this club.  But if he can score a goal today and prove me wrong, I will oh so happily eat my words.

[quote user="ACE"]To be fair to Jamie, he can''t do any worse than Martin or MacDonald has done so far???[/quote]McDonald scored against Colchester.  Martin looked lively when coming on against Exeter (possibly Brentford) with two decent long range efforts.  It''s lack of service that''s still the problem, not lack of endeavour up front.

From Canary02III''S post :"Lambert is looking to reduce the squad (especially the wage bill) in

line with the remit set out by McNally and don''t be surprised if

Hoolahan departs next week despite the fact that Lambert is a fan.

Karsa has been tasked with moving out the players unwanted by Lambert

and has already made some headway in this. There is even the

possibility that Lambert may use the extra media attention made by this

being his first game to play some of the players he wants out as a

"showcase" for potential buyers
, although he is weighing this up

compared to his need to make a winning start."Could this be of any relevance?

[quote user="ron obvious"]From Canary02III''S post :

"Lambert is looking to reduce the squad (especially the wage bill) in line with the remit set out by McNally and don''t be surprised if Hoolahan departs next week despite the fact that Lambert is a fan. Karsa has been tasked with moving out the players unwanted by Lambert and has already made some headway in this. There is even the possibility that Lambert may use the extra media attention made by this being his first game to play some of the players he wants out as a "showcase" for potential buyers, although he is weighing this up compared to his need to make a winning start."

Could this be of any relevance?

[/quote]

Possibly.... but I''d have thought it''s more important to try and win the match rather than play players who quite clearly aren''t good enough in the vain hope that someone will be daft enough to want to buy them. If true the only good thing about all this is that it might finally force Smith and Jones to admit that they simply can''t afford to run this club anymore and listen more seriously to what any potential buyers have to say with an more of an open mind.

Hoolahan for this season-

• Set up Holt for the flick on for Cody''s goal against Colchester
  • Picked out Drury''s run that earnt us the penalty against Yeovil, which he went on to smash home himself.
  • Crossed for Askou to head us in front against Exeter

So thats 3 from 7 goals he''s contributed to, and then if we consider that 2 of Holts goals against Yeovil were largely solo efforts we could say that Hoolahan has contributed to half of our goals this season so far.

People seem to forget that he scored 14 goals in the season before last when we just managed to stay up and if it wasnt for his goals we would have gone down that year and not last year. As wiz has said with a manager showing confidence in him he might just do it. Cody has looked fairly tired the last two games, understandably, and i would prefer him coming of the bench in the second half once Duberry et al have tired legs. Has to be worth a try and i just hope that if he does play and misses a couple the crowd support him as they have with the chances Cody has missed this season and not get on his back straight away or even booing him when his name is announced before the game, which is just pathetic in my opinion. Whether you like the players or not they need our support for the full 90 mins, or 45 if it turns out like the last home game

No objection to Cureton being given another chance - but not yet, and not today. All three goals at Brentford came from set pieces and I hope we''ve been practising them. Corners must not be wasted and goal chance free kicks have to be on target.

I think that he now deserves the chance and will score today, I''m certain of it. He may have found the Champ a league too much, but this is is level and always has been in my eyes. Give him the big man, knocks downs and crosses, he will get a few. I have always been critical towards him, but feel he is suited for league 1.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think that he now deserves the chance and will score today, I''m certain of it. He may have found the Champ a league too much, but this is is level and always has been in my eyes. Give him the big man, knocks downs and crosses, he will get a few. I have always been critical towards him, but feel he is suited for league 1.[/quote]Well done, mystic.Cureton put 100% in today, ran the channels and did his best, but you cannot tell me that we didn''t look twice as threatening when McDonald came on for Cureton.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think that he now deserves the chance and will score today, I''m certain of it. He may have found the Champ a league too much, but this is is level and always has been in my eyes. Give him the big man, knocks downs and crosses, he will get a few. I have always been critical towards him, but feel he is suited for league 1.[/quote]

Well done, mystic.

Cureton put 100% in today, ran the channels and did his best, but you cannot tell me that we didn''t look twice as threatening when McDonald came on for Cureton.

[/quote]

Cureton may not of scored today, but he did play the vast majority of the match in a winning side Chops, something that I am sure you will agree is more important than making himself look good in the shop window only as NCFC slip further in to trouble?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think that he now deserves the chance and will score today, I''m certain of it. He may have found the Champ a league too much, but this is is level and always has been in my eyes. Give him the big man, knocks downs and crosses, he will get a few. I have always been critical towards him, but feel he is suited for league 1.[/quote]Well done, mystic.Cureton put 100% in today, ran the channels and did his best, but you cannot tell me that we didn''t look twice as threatening when McDonald came on for Cureton.[/quote]

Cureton may not of scored today, but he did play the vast majority of the match in a winning side Chops, something that I am sure you will agree is more important than making himself look good in the shop window only as NCFC slip further in to trouble?

[/quote]If you say so, Smudger.  As you go to so many games, your incisive opinion is worth far more than mine.He played 60 mins, ran around a lot but how many goals did he contribute to?McDonald came on, and the 5th goal where he delayed and then played in Holt was something Cureton could never have done.End of.

[quote user="Smudger"]

1 point from 9 and a 7-1 spanking in our only home game this season.

Can anybody really complain with any changes made to the line-up by the new manager today?

Now I know a lot of you will laugh at this, but not only does Cureton deserve a chance upfront, but I would say that I can''t see Paul McVeigh doing much worse down the left hand side than the over-rated Wes Hoolihan has done (producing very little) for the last year or so.  I am pretty confident that just seeing McVeigh off the bench for 45 mins each game we would see him contribute more assists and goals than Wes Hoolihan does in 90 mins week in week out (and that is what people should start rating the overated Hoolihan on).

[/quote]

Smudger got it right again, both Cureton and McVeigh got picked and worked their socks off for the shirt and Wes was also very poor.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think that he now deserves the chance and will score today, I''m certain of it. He may have found the Champ a league too much, but this is is level and always has been in my eyes. Give him the big man, knocks downs and crosses, he will get a few. I have always been critical towards him, but feel he is suited for league 1.[/quote]

Well done, mystic.

Cureton put 100% in today, ran the channels and did his best, but you cannot tell me that we didn''t look twice as threatening when McDonald came on for Cureton.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you say so, Smudger.  As you go to so many games, your incisive opinion is worth far more than mine.

He played 60 mins, ran around a lot but how many goals did he contribute to?

McDonald came on, and the 5th goal where he delayed and then played in Holt was something Cureton could never have done.

End of.

[/quote]

Yes I think it is CHOPS...

Just as Lambert can see in a few days what Gunny could not see in 20+ games.

There are peoples opinions who I respect about what makes a good football team and a good football player.  Those who are still defending the likes of Hoolahans unproductivity and Doherty''s shambolic defending are obviously clueless about what it takes to create a winning side.

Lambert worked that out for himself within a few days and quite simply after watching both of these players two or three times at most a good football tactician can see that neither of those two guys have it.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

Well done, mystic.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you say so, Smudger.  As you go to so many games, your incisive opinion is worth far more than mine.

He played 60 mins, ran around a lot but how many goals did he contribute to?

McDonald came on, and the 5th goal where he delayed and then played in Holt was something Cureton could never have done.

End of.

[/quote]

Yes I think it is CHOPS...

Just as Lambert can see in a few days what Gunny could not see in 20+ games.

There are peoples opinions who I respect about what makes a good football team and a good football player.  Those who are still defending the likes of Hoolahans unproductivity and Doherty''s shambolic defending are obviously clueless about what it takes to create a winning side.

Lambert worked that out for himself within a few days and quite simply after watching both of these players two or three times at most a good football tactician can see that neither of those two guys have it.

[/quote]

PS -  As for the Cody comment at the end, a good tactician would also be able to see that we will get the best out of bringing Cody on in the last 20+ minutes of games, using his pace and energy to create openings against tired defenders.

How many chances did Cureton miss on Saturday?  He played in a winning team and if I was in Lambert''s shoes then I would not be making any changes to the forwards or midfield for our next league match at Hartlepool.  I would like to think that he has had some thoughts regarding signing another defender or two however.

Lambert is not silly though, he will do what is best for the team, not what is going to make simple minded supporters happy and he certainly won''t pander to ego''s of players who offer little to the team like Hoolahan.

Grant Holt and Cody McDonald up fron please!!!!!

We have to give youngsters a chance otherwise they just end up walking or leaving for a club that will play them.

I am a massive fan of Cody, I am a bit biased but he is a local lad from Essex and he used to play for Valley Swifts against me in the Braintree Sunday league.

He is such a prospect...I used to watch him at Witham Town and Maldon Town he was a different class...

Give him a good few games in a row early on in the season and see how he fairs.

Saying that he has been a super sub though.

I would be the first one to admit that JC tried his best on Saturday and did produce a few decent passes but, unfortunately, he just does not have the legs to chase and harry and get himself into position to snap up chances like he used to do. In truth, and I am genuinely sorry about this, he really does not present a threat any more. [:(]Apart from anything else, having someone like Cody snapping at the heels of the opposition defence all the time makes life easier for our midfield/ defenders as the opposition are hurried into playing the ball anywhere just to get clear of him.I really think that the Cody / Holt parnership will prove hugely successful for us and should be persevered with.

Cody had twice the impact on the game than Jamie despite being on the pitch half the time.  Jamie has played far worse thats Sats efforts, but there was still not enough from him.

However Cody is simply not ready to start games regularly.  When he does he is a younger version of the current Jamie - good movement but no impact.   Defenders start the game stronger and so are able to cope with his movement better.  Cody has to remain a super sub

Martin seems to offer little which leaves two untried options.  Maric seems out of favour with everyone and I too struggle to see how we would make 2 target men work,  however given the lack of other alternatives is surely worth a go (esp if we dont bring in anyone else)?   

Beyond that we are looking at Luke Daley - who could be an excellent foil for Holt - but like Cody may be found wanting as a starter,  or Hoolahan sitting just of Holt.   None are guaranteed success but then trying them wont currently cost us any goals either.  Work our way through them with the plan to bring on Cody as a real game changer after an hour.