Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Cureton to start tomorrow?

Pete or Michael just mentioned on the Pink Un Twitter feed that Lambert is a fan of Cureton and tried to sign him back for Col U this summer.As promising as Cody is, we are expecting too much from him at the moment and an on-form Cureton would be a big help for us at the moment and then Cody can keep learning and hopefully have more of an impact from the bench for us.What do you think?

[quote user="Freeza"]Pete or Michael just mentioned on the Pink Un Twitter feed that Lambert is a fan of Cureton and tried to sign him back for Col U this summer.

As promising as Cody is, we are expecting too much from him at the moment and an on-form Cureton would be a big help for us at the moment and then Cody can keep learning and hopefully have more of an impact from the bench for us.

What do you think?
[/quote]

It''s a recent conversion then.  When Cureton made overtures to rejoin Colwho just before you loaned him to Barnsley, Lambert was asked about him and said: "He''s not a player on my radar."

To be honest, i''m not a fan of Cureton, but everyone should know how it goes. Some managers can get the best out of players and you never know. Personally i would rather see Maric on, but hey, at this moment in time, whatever is going to work for Lambert.

[quote user="Freeza"]Pete or Michael just mentioned on the Pink Un Twitter feed that Lambert is a fan of Cureton and tried to sign him back for Col U this summer.

As promising as Cody is, we are expecting too much from him at the moment and an on-form Cureton would be a big help for us at the moment and then Cody can keep learning and hopefully have more of an impact from the bench for us.

What do you think?
[/quote]

I think if he does go with Cureton it''ll be because he knows him. Cody, Martin and Maric are all pretty new faces in the game.

However, it''s pretty obvious that Cureton falls very short of what we need from a striker so I don''t expect him to feature much.

Great move if he plays. Jamie is our only proven natural goalscorer, get him back in asap, fans have got to encourage him not slag him off if he makes a mistake. Stick with him l say!

I say give him a go with Holt up front, then bring Cody on at some point in the second half to cause the Wycombe defence more problems. Dubbery was in the Reading side that beat us in the last home game of last season, a game which Cody also started and also struggled to make any real impact in because the Reading backline was so tough to break down. If Cody comes on the 2nd half Dubbery should be suitably knackered by this point thus Cody could get past him easier. Even if Curo doesn''t make him work too hard, Holt certainly will.

[quote user="walks on water"]

Afternoon Cam,

don''t care two hoots about Curo, but any news about Wesley Cam? ...is there something in this Swansea/Coventry rumour?

[/quote]

Personally I think Hoolahan will go but not necessarily to Swansea.  There were a couple of Championship clubs sniffing about in the Summer but Gunn had persuaded him to stay with you.  His agent believes he should be playing in a higher division.  He was very upset about Gunn and the manner of his departure.  I certainly think Swansea have probably made an enquiry but I also feel this may reactivate other people.  According to the Swansea lads, the rumour has come from inside the club, a good reliable source apparently.

We haven''t spoken to Wes since the day of BG''s departure so not completely up to speed.  I just sense he will go.  Hope he stays for your sake but together with his agent I would not be surprised if the Gunn business proves a tipping point.

I dont think he will start tomorrow but i think he offers some vital experience which i think we lack in this squad. He is lacking match fitness so he will be on the bench

Well with Lambert obviously admiring him, and with his said ''man-management'' skills he could bring the best out of him. We could see a different Cureton if he plays tomorrow.Anyone remember the Matt Fryatt from last season?

[quote user="barryevans"]hope so 2 goals and the fans will be saying how good he is[/quote]

exactly right! and it will give him confidence for the upcoming games, and curo with confidence will be very usefull!

[quote user="John"]Well with Lambert obviously admiring him, and with his said ''man-management'' skills he could bring the best out of him. We could see a different Cureton if he plays tomorrow.Anyone remember the Matt Fryatt from last season?[/quote]And we haven''t seen how he plays alongside a ''decent'' target man in Holt. And with Hoolahan providing a decent supply line with Stephen Hughes we could have a good game on our hands.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="walks on water"]

Afternoon Cam,

don''t care two hoots about Curo, but any news about Wesley Cam? ...is there something in this Swansea/Coventry rumour?

[/quote]

Personally I think Hoolahan will go but not necessarily to Swansea.  There were a couple of Championship clubs sniffing about in the Summer but Gunn had persuaded him to stay with you.  His agent believes he should be playing in a higher division.  He was very upset about Gunn and the manner of his departure.  I certainly think Swansea have probably made an enquiry but I also feel this may reactivate other people.  According to the Swansea lads, the rumour has come from inside the club, a good reliable source apparently.

We haven''t spoken to Wes since the day of BG''s departure so not completely up to speed.  I just sense he will go.  Hope he stays for your sake but together with his agent I would not be surprised if the Gunn business proves a tipping point.

[/quote]I''ll give you credit Cam,your still convincing some of the natives that your some sort of journo in the know.[;)] 

Whenever I have seen Cureton play for us in recent times I have always come away thinking that it really is time he called it a day, he looks overweight, unfit and very slow to me. Add to that the fact that he has missed countless easy chances and I can''t see any justification at all for even having him on the bench, he has only ever been good for one season at Col who and whatever he had that season he doesn''t have anymore. Confidence has nothing to do with it in his case, he is quite simply not good enough.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Can''t see why we can''t give the lad another chance,our strikers are hardly setting the world on fire[/quote]

here here ....I dont think that Cureton has done anything worse than any other of our strikers.......and I think a lot of the criticism comes from over expectation . He never had a  large strike partner in all his time here, unbelievable really considering that was always the reason for his strike rate in his good seasons.When he played along side Ched evans and Dion Dublin, with equal numbers of appearances , he was our top scorer! No one was slaggging Ched or Dion ! The same goes for Cody Mc donald , Grant Holt etc, they are playing above the level they are used to, Chris martin has not had a good run in the team, so I think its time to Give him a chance  .................................and for our sakes as supporters

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR STRIKERS !!!!  may they all become prolific......soon please !!

Has it really come to this? Why not Holt and Maric together to give the defenders a really hard time for 65-70 minutes and then bring on young Cody or even Chris Martin, playing off the shoulder of the last man?

But no not Banjo Cureton

[quote user="Soldier on"]Cam what did wes say following gunns departure players haven''t mentioned it openly at all from what I can gather[/quote]

I can''t say because it is part of an ongoing project this end but on the day he was upset, angry, as were a number of players.  Hardly surprising as most of them were shocked by it.  The anger was probably over the rather brutal way it was done with Gunn being ordered to leave the training ground. 

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

No one was slaggging Ched or Dion !

[/quote]

That''s because both of those 2 are far better all round players who bring more to the team than just goals. Or have you completely missed that?

Cureton is only there to score goals. He offers little else to the team. If he was winning the ball, creating chances for other players and generally well involved in team play then you might forgive a lack of goals, if he was contributing in other ways. Unfortunately he hasn''t done that.

For a player who is there to score goals he hasn''t done anywhere near enough of it for Norwich City.

[quote user="Freeza"]Pete or Michael just mentioned on the Pink Un Twitter feed that Lambert is a fan of Cureton and tried to sign him back for Col U this summer.As promising as Cody is, we are expecting too much from him at the moment and an on-form Cureton would be a big help for us at the moment and then Cody can keep learning and hopefully have more of an impact from the bench for us.What do you think?[/quote]Sack Lambert and sign the manager of Wycombe Wanderers.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Can''t see why we can''t give the lad another chance,our strikers are hardly setting the world on fire[/quote]Midfield''s the issue front and back if you ask me. Get the right combo in there and expect more goals from the front two. Oh and Hooly critics - that applies to him too. With a more balanced centre mid expect better results from him. Assuming he plays for us again.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]Great move if he plays. Jamie is our only proven natural goalscorer, get him back in asap, fans have got to encourage him not slag him off if he makes a mistake. Stick with him l say![/quote]

I keep saying this BBC, but some, nay most, on here don''t want to listen................I hope Jamie starts.[Y]