Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Hurray, the donkey is gone!

Finally a manager has seen sense and got rid of Doherty! I think we will actually keep a clean sheet now.

So NCFC Fan, why not get behind the players rather than slagging them off at every opportunity? Just a though.

[quote user="Dicky"]So NCFC Fan, why not get behind the players rather than slagging them off at every opportunity? Just a though.[/quote]

He IS behind the players.  He is glad we have players at CB who are capable of something other than disappointment now.

Watever chops, at least we push forward as a side now, not sat waiting for the useless one to push up!The midfielders can actually get from defence to attack now instead of a gulf between the 2.He will replace the doc with a better replacement.

The goals that were conceded today would have been prevented by the doc. Saying that we were reasonably solid today. Sometimes i think people have a vendetta against him no matter what he does

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canarytom"]A win. Make of that what you will![/quote]Yes a win, but it should have been a 5-0 win.[/quote]With Doc playing it would have been 6-5 to Wycombe. 

[quote user="big dick sanchez"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canarytom"]A win. Make of that what you will![/quote]Yes a win, but it should have been a 5-0 win.[/quote]With Doc playing it would have been 6-5 to Wycombe.  [/quote][:P] Of course! [|-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="big dick sanchez"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canarytom"]A win. Make of that what you will![/quote]Yes a win, but it should have been a 5-0 win.[/quote]With Doc playing it would have been 6-5 to Wycombe.  [/quote][:P] Of course! [|-)][/quote]We would have at least given away a pen.  Best agree to disagree on this one, I think he is a major reason we are where we are.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Chops, face facts, Doc has had an instrumental role in our four year demise. He is a donkey.[/quote]

The biggest problem with the Doc is that when he''s nervous that nervousness spreads through the defence. And that had obviously been the case in the first few games of the season.

I''d be very surprised if he didn''t come back into the first team. Lambert will know we''ll need his strength and experience, especially when we play the better sides.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Chops, face facts, Doc has had an instrumental role in our four year demise. He is a donkey.[/quote]

The biggest problem with the Doc is that when he''s nervous that nervousness spreads through the defence. And that had obviously been the case in the first few games of the season.

I''d be very surprised if he didn''t come back into the first team. Lambert will know we''ll need his strength and experience, especially when we play the better sides.

[/quote]

Yes, experience over quality is the way forward. He is out of his depth even in League One.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Yes, experience over quality is the way forward. He is out of his depth even in League One.

[/quote]

You could see a couple of times today where Spillane''s lack of experience caused some problems. Even though Wycombe really weren''t much of a threat.

It''ll be interesting to see what the Doherty critics would say if Lambert brought him and we ended up having a very good season with him in the team.

As for me, I think the guy is a good defender but like any other player I don''t care if he''s dropped if it improves us.

Doc will be back have no worries on that one. Thought Spillane was the difference today at CB and think him and doc will play well today. Askou worried me at times with his positional play as he got caught under the ball on a number of times and although we did look fairly solid there think with Doc in we will look even better. Another reason we looked so solid is because we actually had a midfield that pressured the other team and stopped them playing which took a lot of pressure off the defence. Think we should judge this once doc and spillane play with that midfield dominating then we may know

In My Opinion, We Have Better Centre Backs Than Doc! I Would Like To See Dumic Given A Start At Some Point! And I Must Say, I Think Grant Holt Makes A Better Captain! [:P]

[quote user="canarytom"]A win. Make of that what you will![/quote]Didn''t Gunn''s reign start with a 5-2 win aswell though?

Doc has seen us relegated 2 times in 4 years. Coincidence? maybe but I still think hes out of his depth in this league, evryone kept saying he will do well in the championship, then he will do well in league 1, well he didnt and hasnt. Hes a liability. I think the defence looked a bit dodgy today having said that, but i felt more confident that there wasnt a bumbling Doc about giving away stupid fouls and penaltys and generally being clumsy.

[quote user="Jez"][quote user="canarytom"]A win. Make of that what you will![/quote]

Didn''t Gunn''s reign start with a 5-2 win aswell though?
[/quote]

No, 4-0 against Barnsley.

I think Askou should get the excuse that it was his first time playing in front of a crowd that big. We will see if the silly mistakes become a trend or he''s just ironing out the creases as far as adapting to the english game goes. He showed today why Doherty never scores from set pieces as much as he is meant to- Doherty trundles up and seems to nod the ball whenever he can get to it, whereas Askou really attacks it and thats why hes our second highest scorer so far this season.

Doherty is ok, but I think now its up to him to displace Spillane and Askou rather than just coming back into the side easily.

Id also like to commend Lambert for picking Korey Smith, I thought he was excellent today and his tenacity and enthusiasm really kept the midfield ticking over.

Did we have anyone to win headers in our box today? Not really. Did we let in goals when the ball should have been easily cleared? Yes.The Doc''s job is to stop the sort of goals that we let in today. I ain''t saying he''s perfect but he''s not as bad as is being made out here and we clearly missed some important qualities that he brings.Do we continue playing Spillane and Bertel Askou and remain vulnerable to crosses, long balls and big strikers? Bit risky no?

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]Did we have anyone to win headers in our box today? Not really. Did we let in goals when the ball should have been easily cleared? Yes.

The Doc''s job is to stop the sort of goals that we let in today. I ain''t saying he''s perfect but he''s not as bad as is being made out here and we clearly missed some important qualities that he brings.

Do we continue playing Spillane and Bertel Askou and remain vulnerable to crosses, long balls and big strikers? Bit risky no?
[/quote]

Did we give away needless penaltys today? No

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]Did we have anyone to win headers in our box today? Not really. Did we let in goals when the ball should have been easily cleared? Yes.The Doc''s job is to stop the sort of goals that we let in today. I ain''t saying he''s perfect but he''s not as bad as is being made out here and we clearly missed some important qualities that he brings.Do we continue playing Spillane and Bertel Askou and remain vulnerable to crosses, long balls and big strikers? Bit risky no?[/quote]

[/quote]That would be a great point if the Doc gave away loads of penalties, but how many was it last season - 1 legitimate, 1 bad decision?Sorry, but if Doc had been caught out in the same way Askou was for the first goal (e.g. deciding to let the ball bounce on the edge of the box - basic error), then people would be baying for blood. Good header for our fourth though.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]Did we have anyone to win headers in our box today? Not really. Did we let in goals when the ball should have been easily cleared? Yes.

The Doc''s job is to stop the sort of goals that we let in today. I ain''t saying he''s perfect but he''s not as bad as is being made out here and we clearly missed some important qualities that he brings.

Do we continue playing Spillane and Bertel Askou and remain vulnerable to crosses, long balls and big strikers? Bit risky no?
[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be a great point if the Doc gave away loads of penalties, but how many was it last season - 1 legitimate, 1 bad decision?

Sorry, but if Doc had been caught out in the same way Askou was for the first goal (e.g. deciding to let the ball bounce on the edge of the box - basic error), then people would be baying for blood. Good header for our fourth though.
[/quote]

Im not comparing him to Askou tbf. I have little confidence in the Doc, stable at times but mostly ueseless.

Defence was very shaky today. Would certainly have been more solid with Doherty in there.I am not Doherty''s biggest fan but the stick he gets on here is rediculous, over the top and unjust.