Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Our greatest ever Import?

[quote user="newstd1"]Anyone mentioned Henrik Mortensen?
[/quote]

Good enough player but it all went ‘the way of the pear’ somehow, brought in as a bit of a Flecky backup but it never really happened for him.

Talking of Scandinavian type players, what about Scando Sutch as we liked to call him,  Mattias Jonsson now he wasn’t much good was he!

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="singing canary"]didnt he play in the world cup or was it when bbc made a error ..!!!??[/quote]

No, it was Mike Walker who made an error.  He signed a player called Papa Diop who made one appearance, during which it was discovered that he didn''t know how to take a throw in but could direct large gobbets of phlegm at the away fans from an impressive distance.  Boxing Day 1997 I think it was, QPR.  Never seen again.

[/quote]Sorry, but that''s not quite right.  His name is Pape Diop - not Papa.  He had a trial with Norwich and played against AZ Alkmaar and also in another friendly.  He was then signed on loan by Bryan Hamilton - not Walker.  He made 5 appearances in 1999.  After the 5th game he was reported to the police for spitting at an away fan, but he quickly left the country and joined a French team before it was investigated.

So apart from the player''s name, the number of appearances, the manager, circumstances of his signing and the year.  Your post was reasonably accurate.

The BBC did also report incorrectly, there were 2 Pape Diops in the Senegalese team, and while the BBC claimed one played for Norwich, neither of them did.

[/quote]

Surely it was not Hamilton but Rioch that signed him? Also, I think he made more appearances than just the 5, but might be wrong.

Surely Big Malky gets a shout somewhere in here, he is a Scot and great one at that!!

Iwan is Welsh, another absolute legend!!

Are we not counting within the British Isles?

Sorry, just re-read... non UK, oops!

Mmmm... i think Ekoku is a good shout, love Mark Phillips for his doulbe footed volley back in the day..

But I think it has to Steen does he still play, could get him and Kenton back in!!

[quote user="B-ru"]

Surely Big Malky gets a shout somewhere in here, he is a Scot and great one at that!!

Iwan is Welsh, another absolute legend!!

Are we not counting within the British Isles?

[/quote]Does anyone read the original post?Outside the UKAnybody with a nationality other thanEnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales

[quote user="CT "]Big Dave the striker [Y][/quote]

HE WAS GREAT, but he didn''t get a chance, lets re-sack Roeder for not playing him

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

macdougall''s perm wrote:

For me it has to be super Matty Svensson[Y]

Agreed! He was fantastic! [:)]

[/quote]Unbelievably underated and booed by some of the Barclay! Sums some of them up!

[quote user="B-ru"]

Sorry, just re-read... non UK, oops!

Mmmm... i think Ekoku is a good shout, love Mark Phillips for his doulbe footed volley back in the day..

But I think it has to Steen does he still play, could get him and Kenton back in!!

[/quote]

For the second time on this thread.

Efan Ekoku was born in Manchester, England.

OTBC