Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Our greatest ever Import?

dennis van wink , full back so long ago carnt remember if he was good seemed to play regular anyone help me out !

He didn''t play a lot for us, but he looked pretty reliable when he did, and that is Jim Brennan.

If you''re counting Keelan as foreign because of birth place, then Earnshaw counts too, doesn''t he?

I always thought that Gaetano Giallanza was promising, shame about all his injuries.

Also does Bellamy county - he was technically born in a different country, especially if you contact my old window cleaner.  He used to clean the windows of some of the footballers.  He said how Llewellyn was a bit of a flash git, but the new Welsh guy was a top bloke.  I asked who, and he couldn''t remember his name.  He described him as being ex army and short, ginger hair.  I asked if he meant Gary Holt.  He said yes, to which I pointed out he is Scottish, not Welsh.  His response was "Well they are all bl**dy foreigners these days!"

[quote user="Fuglestad"]

[quote user="Norwich"]It wasn''t an international import, but can anyone remember Neil Emblen? Shocking player IMO![/quote]

Jesus! So annoying. Emblen was a decent player and went on to captain and play very well for a team in the Championship, for several years after leaving us.

He was not a "shocking player", it just didn''t work out for him here, being given the captaincy before he''d played a match and being injured for almost all his time here didn''t help.

Your opinions are pointless, if you make such ridiculous sweeping statements.

[/quote]

Oi, everyone has an opinion and i liked it, so therefore its not pointless.

Dont slate him for it! Whats the point? He didnt like him, maybe he doesnt like some players you do!

And on the topic, Strihavka was a horrific import. Safri was good. But its got to be Theoklitos for me [;)]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

[quote user="Norwich"]It wasn''t an international import, but can anyone remember Neil Emblen? Shocking player IMO![/quote]

Jesus! So annoying. Emblen was a decent player and went on to captain and play very well for a team in the Championship, for several years after leaving us.

He was not a "shocking player", it just didn''t work out for him here, being given the captaincy before he''d played a match and being injured for almost all his time here didn''t help.

[/quote]

Dont slate him for it! Whats the point? He didnt like him, maybe he doesnt like some players you do!

And on the topic, Strihavka was a horrific import. Safri was good. But its got to be Theoklitos for me [;)]

[/quote]

OK then lets engage the Pedantic Overdrive.

Emblen is English, Norwich is in England so how, in a  thread dedicated to imported players, is  Neil ‘Buster Bloodvessel’ Emblem even slightly in the most miniscule way imaginable even slightly  relevant? 

None the less if it makes you happy lets throw a complete ----- into the pot, Daryl Sutchwasn’t very good was he?  ho ho ho ho, anybody remember him? ho ho ho  

Happy?

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Emblen is English, Norwich is in England so how, in a  thread dedicated to imported players, is  Neil ‘Buster Bloodvessel’ Emblem even slightly in the most miniscule way imaginable even slightly  relevant? 

None the less if it makes you happy lets throw a complete ----- into the pot, Daryl Sutchwasn’t very good was he?  ho ho ho ho, anybody remember him? ho ho ho  

Happy?

[/quote]

He''s english yes, maybe thats why he said "It wasnt an international import" So people arent allowed to mention things in thread''s unless it is exactly to do with the thread title, or the thread destription then?

Everyone does it so why pick on him?

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Happy?

[/quote]

He''s english yes, maybe thats why he said "It wasnt an international import" So people arent allowed to mention things in thread''s unless it is exactly to do with the thread title, or the thread destription then?

Everyone does it so why pick on him?

[/quote]

The food in the hotel is better than in The Gunn Club..

Thomas Helveg for me, shame Worthington didn''t give him a proper go in the side until later in the season - where it coincided with a sharp upturn in results! Pure class - he was opta rated as the best defender in Euro 04, and we got him!Steeno second I reckon.Oh, and Erik Fuglestad? He had a 14 or 15 year old girlfriend while at Norwich, so a big no to him.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Thomas Helveg for me, shame Worthington didn''t give him a proper go in the side until later in the season - where it coincided with a sharp upturn in results! Pure class - he was opta rated as the best defender in Euro 04, and we got him!

Steeno second I reckon.

Oh, and Erik Fuglestad? He had a 14 or 15 year old girlfriend while at Norwich, so a big no to him.
[/quote]

What the Hell? I hope you''ve got a good reason to post that.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Thomas Helveg for me, shame Worthington didn''t give him a proper go in the side until later in the season - where it coincided with a sharp upturn in results! Pure class - he was opta rated as the best defender in Euro 04, and we got him!

Steeno second I reckon.

Oh, and Erik Fuglestad? He had a 14 or 15 year old girlfriend while at Norwich, so a big no to him.
[/quote]

Captain, were there by any chance two "Thomas Helveg''s" in Euro 04 and we ended up with the duff one?  I saw his first game in Germany after he left us and he was so bad he got substituted at half time!  I felt that one of the reasons that we didn''t prosper when we went up was that the players we brought in initially weren''t up to much, especially the imports.  I found Helveg a big let down after the big build-up. Sorry!  My vote would go to Steeno! Played as if it meant something to him.

have to agree with all the others and go for Steeno. As reliable right back as we''ve had since 1995 if not the best.

Davo

Well, almost half our legendary1958-59 FA Cup team were, at least on one definition, imports!

Sandy Kennon - South African

Matt Crowe - Scottish

Errol Crossan - Canadian

Jimmy Hill - Irish

Bobby Brennan - Irish

And, of course, Manager Archie Macaulay was Scottish.

Plus, if I remember correctly, perennial twelfth man Ian Williamson was Scottish too.

OTBC 

Jan Molby

Youssef Safri

Matt Svensson

My favourite thing I remember about Ulf Ottoson (sp) was the only time I ever sat in the River End, someone started go "ULF ULF ULF ULF. I''m not chanting his name, I''m just being sick" [:D]

[quote user="Norwich"]It wasn''t an international import, but can anyone remember Neil Emblen? Shocking player IMO![/quote]How was he a shocking player? He never played for us, got injured straight away didnt he and never got going.He was a half decent player, just got injured upon his arrival and never played again.

I always thought it was a shame that Matt Svensson didn''t stick around longer. He scored some good goals when we went up and was one of the few who managed to play well in the Prem.

From when I''ve been watching city (2001 onwards), can''t say there''s been too many worth mentioning!

For me, Matt Svensson was a very good forward, as was David Nielsen (at least before we signed him on a permenant basis). The best one though was Steeno, a superb crosser of the ball, and remember that scorcher from 40 yards?

As for the worst, there''s about a million candidates. Of those who actually got a chance and proved rubbish, Jurgen Colin was terrible IMO (yet went on to play for Ajax? Strange...). Never thought much of Libbra, but the award surely goes to Big Dave Strihavka. Oh dear Peter Grant!