Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

FAO John Tilson

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Big Dog "]

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4845&w=6&a=0&part=1

This article praises the treatment given out to Tilson...

[/quote]
Good i was standing with them all and we were all singing Tilson you''re a C**T
[/quote]

Given the sound logic demonstrated in this post if you’d been asked to lay down in the outside lane of  the M25 on your way home you’d have done that as well?

[/quote]

Come and hurl your abuse at me tomorrow then you f**King dick!!!

[/quote]

Just so I''m clear Smudger, are you suggesting that singing ''Die Delia'' is OK but swearing at Tilly is out of order? As far as I''m concerned both chants are absolutely disgusting.

By the way, Nutty''s post should be read by everyone as it puts many on here to shame.
[/quote]

It is ok for you and others to carry on applauding the death of NCFC though???

By the sounds of it what was said towards Tilly was far more personal and confrontational than anything that has ever been aimed at Delia & Co and you know it.

[quote user="Whatever The Weather"]does anyone know the man singing die die delia, who was then confronted by the old chap?[/quote]

No, but I can assure you that this very song has been doing the rounds in the City over the last few months.

Instead of her supporters getting threatening and personal towards certain fans then maybe they should come up with a witty response or shut up?

I hardly think that anybody singing the above song wishes any personal harm on the lady, but is purely a sign of displaying how much they despise what she has done to NCFC.

[quote user="Smudger"]

No, but I can assure you that this very song has been doing the rounds in the City over the last few months.

Instead of her supporters getting threatening and personal towards certain fans then maybe they should come up with a witty response or shut up?[/quote]

Because it''s so deserving of a witty response.

You dish out sh*t, I guess you have to expect some sh*t to come flying back.

Talking of which, why don''t you fly back to the crisp bowl and support your real club?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

Instead of her supporters getting threatening and personal towards certain fans then maybe they should come up with a witty response or shut up?[/quote]

Because it''s so deserving of a witty response.

You dish out sh*t, I guess you have to expect some sh*t to come flying back.

Talking of which, why don''t you fly back to the crisp bowl and support your real club?

[/quote]

Very original and the Norfolk Folk still try to claim that they are not backwards... dear oh dear oh dear!

Obviously, when you are so lacking on the witty front, thing become a little more personal?  Maybe this excuse could be given to the DELIA DIE crowd (although at least there chant showed a little originality and is kind of iconic about the only way that many fans can see her releasing her grip of doom on our club)?

I hear one of the people chanting at Tilson was a fat ugly c**t?  Now maybe a chant back aimed at this gentlemans looks and wit would of been more befitting?

I guess I would of been in the right in your eyes if I had been at Ipswich and called one of the fools singing "Delia''s Barmy Army" something more befitting of them in many peoples eyes?

Are you coming to terms with what is personal abuse and what is not yet?

Mr Chase got personal abuse with fans of the club targetting his home and his private life, apart from the little website stunt that a few aimed at Delia''s cookery site she has had very little personal abuse for somebody that has ruined something for so many people.

Anybody blaming Tilly or NCISA for the state of affairs NCFC is in really needs to get a life and a grip of reality!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I was laughed at when I stated that these DELIA DIE chants were heard in the City throughout the Summer and I said that if the season started badly then these kind of scenes would be witnessed in the stands.  There is a REAL HATRED growing amongst many for what Delia & Wynn Jones have done to NCFC.  There are however still some who will defend Delia & Co (as they also defended Mr Chase) right to the bitter end.

It has always been a very sad state of affairs where as a Norwich fan you are put in the firing line for personal abuse just for trying to change something which is clearly wrong at a football club you have loved and followed for many years.  I will never forget years ago at Forest when we sang some Anti-|Chase songs and were told to sit down and shut up and that we weren''t City fans blahblahblah... of course Smudger is not going to be told to sit down and shut up by anybody so sang the songs and inflamed the situation even more.

Where do these people get off?  Was anybody confronted at Portman Road last season when despite being beaten and on our way to relegation a couple of hundred numpty''s chanted "Delia''s Barmy Army"?

[/quote]I agree Smudger, there seems to be a hardcore away following that have Delia up on a pedestal, and if anyone tries to push her off then the dogs come out.  I''m not sure if there is real hatred coming out, sometimes chants like these are in jest, albeit a not very pleasant chant, it is the sort of thing that Ipswich have been chanting for years so you can understand how it might come to fall into the mouths of our fans from time to time.It just doesn''t wash with me that these people can be so blind to the truth.  Of course she saved us (but was it really G. Watling?), but she has now dragged us to the bottom of League One, and we''re only not rock bottom because of So''ton''s 10 point penalty and because Brighton repeated our first day defeat on Tuesday night.  If say David Dein had done this at Arsenal, and dragged them to the Championship, the fans would be going mad.  This is how we should all feel, so why is it different here?  I can only think it is because people do not like change round these parts, and that saddens me, because change is exactly what we need right now.

[quote user="Smudger"]Very original and the Norfolk Folk still try to claim that they are not backwards... [/quote]That one sentence shows your utter contempt for Norfolk people and that is why you will never convince me that you are a Norwich City fan.

Smudger you talk of witty responses yet try and defend someone chanting "Die Delia", I''m not a supporter of the majority share holders but will not join in protests if they descend to this level.

Oh and Smudger refering yourself in the third party dear oh dear, to paraphrase Sir Chris Hoy " the day I refer to myself in the third person will be the day i disapear up my own a**e""

[quote user="Big Bob"]
Nothing to me personally. The football was boring me so i thought i''d join in with the singing, seeing as it is a free country and all
[/quote]

Where were you last night then, Tilly was there as usual, then he doesn''t hide behind his pc like you does he?

I don''t always agree with John''s views.  My brother and I a while back went to a NCISA meeting where John chaired.  The idiot''s who spoke to him (if it happened) I would hope feel suitably chastised, sadly they probably don''t.  Where ever you have a pack you have a few that get it all wrong.  Anyway having met John, as I posted after said NCISA meeting at the time, I don''t agree with him but he struck me as a man who has his views but more importantly respects the views of others.  In anycase I think John is big and ugly enough to deal with idiot''s like that, sure he''s dealt with many during his time as a Police Officer.  Sod the idiots. otbc.

As I say I know the lad who made the chant and had the pleasure of meeting Big Steve personally today....

Whilst I don''t agree with their approach last week they both have the right to air their views whatever way they can.

NCISA members met up with Gunn one day, they pat him on the back and shook his hand and congratulated him on getting the job, 2 days later the same members were standing up in St Andrews Hall giving him a vote of no confidence.

Who said Norwich fans aren''t fickle?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Very original and the Norfolk Folk still try to claim that they are not backwards... [/quote]That one sentence shows your utter contempt for Norfolk people and that is why you will never convince me that you are a Norwich City fan.[/quote]

Yawn, yawn Lapp... what did you think of todays game??? [:^)]

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

As I say I know the lad who made the chant and had the pleasure of meeting Big Steve personally today....[/quote]

So you approve of him shouting at someone calling him them sort of names do you?

If you thought it was a pleasure meeting him then I worry about you because hasn''t he already been thrown out of more than one ground for abusive language?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

As I say I know the lad who made the chant and had the pleasure of meeting Big Steve personally today....[/quote]

So you approve of him shouting at someone calling him them sort of names do you?

If you thought it was a pleasure meeting him then I worry about you because hasn''t he already been thrown out of more than one ground for abusive language?

[/quote]

Hi CityAngel,

Thanks for your comments but you have made an ''inaccurate'' quote from my last post on this subject, therefore I won''t be drawn into your arguement.

Please go back and read my last post this will give you all the answers you need

Cheers

Jez

[quote user="Smudger"]

I was laughed at when I stated that these DELIA DIE chants were heard in the City throughout the Summer and I said that if the season started badly then these kind of scenes would be witnessed in the stands.  There is a REAL HATRED growing amongst many for what Delia & Wynn Jones have done to NCFC.  There are however still some who will defend Delia & Co (as they also defended Mr Chase) right to the bitter end.

It has always been a very sad state of affairs where as a Norwich fan you are put in the firing line for personal abuse just for trying to change something which is clearly wrong at a football club you have loved and followed for many years.  I will never forget years ago at Forest when we sang some Anti-|Chase songs and were told to sit down and shut up and that we weren''t City fans blahblahblah... of course Smudger is not going to be told to sit down and shut up by anybody so sang the songs and inflamed the situation even more.

Where do these people get off?  Was anybody confronted at Portman Road last season when despite being beaten and on our way to relegation a couple of hundred numpty''s chanted "Delia''s Barmy Army"?

[/quote]

What utter Rubbish and you know it. There might be some between you and your "circle" of freinds but you do not represent the majority by a long shot. I know of nobody that hates her. A lot, including me, would love to see  new owner with loads of dosh!!!!!

You, and others on here, are under the illusion that this board is a fair representation of the fan base of NCFC - it is not - it is dominated by those with more radical views. If what you say is true what happened to the demonstration this last Saturday? huh? yes? 

This board is a joke and for entertainment only - if anybody takes any notice of the small minority of radicals on here they theselves are very gullible. 

I have supported NCFC for over 40 years and will ALWAYS support NCFC. We have some optimism at the moment with new strength in the board that will turn this great club around.

We are a yoyo club. Mostly in the championship - sometimes punching above our weight in the premiership - occasionaly in the 3d tier - what else do you expect! 

[quote user="Disturbed"]

We are a yoyo club. Mostly in the championship - sometimes punching above our weight in the premiership - occasionaly in the 3d tier - what else do you expect! 

[/quote]

You may be happy to accept 3rd Division football and the shambles that Delia has let this club get into but for every one of you there''s two of us fighting to get this club back to a club we can all be proud of.

As for the site being a joke there''s only 1 joke and thats your post!

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

What utter Rubbish and you know it. There might be some between you and your "circle" of freinds but you do not represent the majority by a long shot. I know of nobody that hates her. A lot, including me, would love to see  new owner with loads of dosh!!!!!

You, and others on here, are under the illusion that this board is a fair representation of the fan base of NCFC - it is not - it is dominated by those with more radical views. If what you say is true what happened to the demonstration this last Saturday? huh? yes? 

This board is a joke and for entertainment only - if anybody takes any notice of the small minority of radicals on here they theselves are very gullible. 

I have supported NCFC for over 40 years and will ALWAYS support NCFC. We have some optimism at the moment with new strength in the board that will turn this great club around.

[/quote]

Only me and my circle of friends?

Well forgive me, but I have never heard myself or anybody in my circle of friends sing the DELIA DIE chant, although I have heard it a few times around the City during the Summer months.

As for what the people who can''t stand our majority shareholders were doing on Saturday, I guess that like myself they were getting behind our new manager and the changes that he had made to the team.

Then maybe a few [B]''s were had after witnessing Lambert get a great start, the likes of Paul McVeigh coming back in to the team proving a few of his critics wrong and youngsters like Spillane, Smith & Adeyemi getting a chance to play well in a winning first team for once.

As for your last comment, this is the first time in 50 years that we have played at such a level and we haven''t made a very good start have we?  You and your ilk of support might be happy to continue supporting abysmal failure, but the vast majority this season will be demanding immediate promotion or looking for Smith & Jones heads to roll and I think that you know it!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][Just so I''m clear Smudger, are you suggesting that singing ''Die Delia'' is OK but swearing at Tilly is out of order? As far as I''m concerned both chants are absolutely disgusting.

[/quote]

By the sounds of it what was said towards Tilly was far more personal and confrontational than anything that has ever been aimed at Delia & Co and you know it.

[/quote]

I''ll give you another try at answering my question Smudger. Is ''Die die Delia Delia die'' OK but ''Tilson you''re a c*nt'' out of order? I''ve already stated that I find them both disgusting.

Try and answer honestly. As far as I''m aware I''m not applauding the death of anything but it was a nice attempt by you at avoiding the question [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][Just so I''m clear Smudger, are you suggesting that singing ''Die Delia'' is OK but swearing at Tilly is out of order? As far as I''m concerned both chants are absolutely disgusting.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll give you another try at answering my question Smudger. Is ''Die die Delia Delia die'' OK but ''Tilson you''re a c*nt'' out of order? I''ve already stated that I find them both disgusting.

Try and answer honestly. As far as I''m aware I''m not applauding the death of anything but it was a nice attempt by you at avoiding the question [;)]

[/quote]

I think that there is nothing wrong with the DELIA DIE chants personally and think that her behaviour has asked for such chants.  I don''t believe that anybody singing them seriously wants her to drop down dead however.

I think what was said to Tilly was more confrontational, seeing that he was only a few yards at most from the people hurling the abuse and he has done nothing but act on the actions of the vast majority of 500 fans at St Andrews Hall.  Why don''t the tossers who were hurling such abuse start hurling it at the full 500 contingent at St Andrews Hall that evening? 

I''m not condoning either side here but surely the principle is the same? Delia kops the flak for NCFC, so, Smudger, why is it so different that John Tilson gets the critics of the NCISA directing abuse at him given that he is head of that organisation? Not an attack, just want to know why you think it''s different?

I don''t think anyone is blaming them, I think people are just mythed about their morals.

I''ll repeat myself

Day 1 - See Gunn, shack his hand pat him on the back tell him he''s the man for the job

Day 2 - Standing at St Andrews Hall giving him a vote of no confidence.

I just don''t think the NCISA know what they want....

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

I don''t think anyone is blaming them, I think people are just mythed about their morals.

I''ll repeat myself

Day 1 - See Gunn, shack his hand pat him on the back tell him he''s the man for the job

[/quote]

So you will have no problems in naming the NCISA members that shook Gunns hand.

The abuse being aimed at Tilson was bang out of order in my view. It was vitriolic, prolonged and totally uneccessary - doesn''t help anyone to have our own fans going at it like that. The big guy seemed to have totally lost the plot (which to be fair we have all done at games over the last few years). He stood there screaming directly at Tilson for about 10 minutes blaming him personally for the state of the club. There was a steward about 5 yards away who obviously thought better of getting involved. After about 2 or 3 minutes his little gang of teenage followers joined in but most were laughing about it and just thought it was a good excuse to hurl some abuse at someone. I guess he means its Tilson''s fault for bringing about pressure to sack Gunn but that logic is beyond me.

As for the old man and his wife beating accusations i don''t know what that was all about but having sat near said gentleman on several occasions in the last couple of years i now make it my business to get myself as far away from him as possible for my own sanity.

refjez - I have no memory of NCISA saying that Gunn was the man for the job after we were relegated. If you can point out a reference where this happened then I will accept that it happened.

If you are saying they congratulated Gunn when he was made caretaker manager then your suggested timeline is dubious to say the least.