Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

FAO John Tilson

Whilst i dont agree with yourself and NCISAand i cant say we will ever be "acquaintances" at most...i thought the behaviour towards you was utterly disgusting...i was appalled at the language used and the topics discussed and hurled in your direction. Its not right, luckily as a former rozza, you had a thick skin. and also for that 70 year old grey haied bloke who goes on the coaches. you my sir are a complete and utter *. hurling "wife beater" at tilson. i dont care if he was, i went to watch a football match not jeremy *ing kyle. arguing with a drunk bloke because he shouted die delia die. i know thats a stupid thing to shout, but this guy was pissed as a newt. and you said you were superior, yet you argued with him.  and to go on about war. WTF is your problem.this is hypocritical myself in discussing and  bemoaning others but i was disgusted with some of our muppet fans last night. end of rant.

Thank you for this MIA. I was with John at the time and I have to say I found it quite frightening and intimidating. I always try to listen to and respect other peoples views whatever they are, but when someone calls you a c**t to your face its very difficult to give them any credibility.

[quote user="Kathy"]Thank you for this MIA. I was with John at the time and I have to say I found it quite frightening and intimidating. I always try to listen to and respect other peoples views whatever they are, but when someone calls you a c**t to your face its very difficult to give them any credibility.[/quote]as i say, im no apologist for him. but as you say, the language and hostility towards other fans was disgusting to say the least and i was ashamed by the behavoiur of them. it was a new low.

It was awful, I''m quite thick skinned but I don''t think i would have been able to contain myself if I was in John''s shoes. Agree or disagree with the guy, that was neither the time, place nor mannor to constrct an arguement.

The old guy who was gobbing off is an absolute disgrace of a human being.

I got stuck behind him at Exeter and had to listen to his pathetic rants for about 20 minutes, before I had to move. I''ve sat near him before too. Quite simply, he''s an absolute scumbag.

I wonder if he realises he is breaking the law with the slander he keeps spitting out?

I was around the area when this happened, I''m quite disgusted with the elderly gentleman to be fair, his attitude was damn right rude, I doubt John Tilson is a wifebeater but I don''t know the facts, I think the elderly gentleman thought this would whip the crowd into a frenzy and baying for John''s blood.

The elderly gentleman turned around and started to have a go at my friend, I told him to grow up and watch the game...probably not my proudest moment as a Norwich fan but was trying to defuse the situation.

The other lad who shouted ''Die Delia Die'' was part of our group of lads and whilst I would never chant such obsanities (close on but not about someone dieing that is bad) I would like to apologies to anyone who was standing near us who may of been offended.

In the first half it was a good atmosphere but after half time I was discusted by a minority of our supporters and it seems to me that their is now a civil war amongst our supporters.

I was a few rows behind where all the chanting at Tilson occured. For me it was just discraceful. That big chap Steve I think his name was started calling him the c word various times and also the old chap also saying some dreadful things. And then they started arguing with other fans. Personally I dont have a problem with Tilson. I know not everyone like him and I respect that. But you have ot remember he is a fan just like the rest of us and he does not deserve to have that sort of abuse given to him. There were also all those kids in that area who were cheering them on when I bet they diddnt even know who Tilson was.

There were also two incidents with my friends. Onr chap who was clearly pissed I think he was in a pink shirt shoved right past my friend and then started threatening my friend by accusing him of pushing him and then started saying that if my mate pushed him(which he diddnt he would punch him). My other mate also went to the loo at half time. Some chap took his place and when my friend returned he went to where he was before. This guy then started again threatening him going on about how if he got pushed again he would get knocked out. This was just a petty little thing and he must have been a moron as any normal person would have asked nicely to move instead of threatening to hit them.

As I say this was a minority but there really were some right prats in the crowd and maybe its just because they were frustrated but its still not really on

Just because we are all City fans it does mean that we are all ''good guys'' or ''good old boys''. There are some City fans I would pee on if they were on fire....in my time watching city I have had the displeasure of meeting some right twonks, who I would''nt even give a second glance to in any other walk of life.

On the other hand I have met some really great people, interesting and intelligent and made some really good friends for life.

John Tilson, I neither know nor have met. but I have listen to him and read his comments, some I agree with and some I dont. but anyone who puts themselves in the ''shop window'' will get this nonesense from time to time. Their is no excuse for the vile rants from anyone and John must be commended for not retaliating. I know one thing, if someone had called me a c**t I would not have stood back and took it.

But that says more about my lack of ability to control my temper and John''s ability to control his.

One thing we do have is a group of fans who are unable to have any said about Delia, regardless of the facts. They spew out vile and hateful remarks to anyone who they think are not towing the party line.    I know, I have had my share of vile remarks and threats of violence, I had my kids swore at, I''ve be spat at etc etc.

So compliments to John and Cathy, and dont ever let these scumballs get the better of you...............................

can i just say for people who think that this gentleman was in John''s face, far from it, not that i''m excusing his behaviour, but John was at least 10 metres away from the rude gentleman.

Not excusing the gentlemans actions just saying there were a fair few fans in between John and him.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

can i just say for people who think that this gentleman was in John''s face, far from it, not that i''m excusing his behaviour, but John was at least 10 metres away from the rude gentleman.

Not excusing the gentlemans actions just saying there were a fair few fans in between John and him.

[/quote]

From what I saw he actually left about 10 minutes before the end and went over to confront tilson to his face diddnt really see what happened though

fair enough...i didn''t see that but had a good view of the first incident...

can''t apologies enough for the ''Delia Die'' comment from my ''friend''

The old boy mentioned on here sounds like the plank who goes on the coaches and thinks he knows everything, his opinion is always the right one and he loves to tell the world what he thinks. Hes also slags all the players and everyone connected with the club and then you''ll see him chatting and laughing with the very same people who he''d earlier been slating to the full!

He also gets carried away when he had a drink and starts sprouting out vile that would see him arrested if he was reported or a steward or police officer heard him - Big t*at who not worth arguing with or taking any notice off!

Big Steve is well known at home and away games for trying to use his excessive size to give those with a different opinion a hard time. He seems to treat everything that the old guy says as gospel.

They think that Worthington shouldn''t of been sacked and won''t have anyone slag Delia and CO!

Wrong on the 1st point even though Worthington was our best manager since Walker in the early 90''s he''d reached the point of no return.

I''ll never go overboard slagging Delia and CO cause I apreciate what they''ve done for the club but in reality they need to move over now cause they are the right ones to take the club forward in my opinion of course. The so called fans shouting "Die Delia Die" should hang their heads in shame cause while I think she and her husband need to sell up that is way below the mark!

Unfortunately at football games and in particular the mess that is our great football club at the moment, their will unrest amongst fans and planks coming out with sh*te in the crowd but everyone has the right an opinion and the best way forward is to ignore them!

I must have been fairly near seby1991 as I was only a few rows back when that all started and like everybody else here I thought it was appalling behaviour and the people concerned should have been thrown out. I know things get heated, especially with the way things are at the moment, and we might disagree with the views of others, but there are limits and football just doesn''t justify that sort of abuse and full credit to John for not reacting.

''Big Steve'' was very patronising towards my ''friend'' calling him a boy and maybe sparking more violence.

His comment about Delia not being involved in the decision making - well is that true? My understanding is as majority shareholder her and MWJ are the majority decision makers?  Pardon my ignorance here.

missing in action, how would you be standing next to Steve but BEHIND the old bloke when the old bloke was INFRONT of Steve?

I''m not having a go just trying to access the situation, I was with the group of lads, one had long blonde hair and the other similar age.

in think i saw you and spoke to you. short bald bloke? i was in black. anyway yes he spoke to that young guy, 25 ish? and began to belittle him as the poor drunken lad was sandwiched verbally between steve and the old coot...is this really necessary? all the hatred.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

missing in action, how would you be standing next to Steve but BEHIND the old bloke when the old bloke was INFRONT of Steve?

I''m not having a go just trying to access the situation, I was with the group of lads, one had long blonde hair and the other similar age.

[/quote]steve was stood behind a guy in a norwich shirt, up v the barrier to my rightthe old guy was in front of me on the front row i was stood next to steve on 2nd row (2nd half this is)

Sounds like ''big steve'' needs to meet another big man..the twonk sounds like a bully to be fair.

As for Delia not making decisions, I think that the balance of power has swung towards McNally, only because of what has happened so far. Delia and her old man dont work this way. And I think they underestimated the determination of McNally and just how would it have looked if they had not backed him and he walked?

So Jez, I can quite see how they have been''bypassed'' on the decisions...  

[quote user="mtv"]

Sounds like ''big steve'' needs to meet another big man..the twonk sounds like a bully to be fair.

As for Delia not making decisions, I think that the balance of power has swung towards McNally, only because of what has happened so far. Delia and her old man dont work this way. And I think they underestimated the determination of McNally and just how would it have looked if they had not backed him and he walked?

So Jez, I can quite see how they have been''bypassed'' on the decisions...  

[/quote]or out muscled

I remember being near that old chap on the coach on the way back last year. Think it was the sheffield united game but he just would not shut up. Just moaning about everything possible. He even started having a pop at the coach steward moaning about how they get to go for free and he has to pay. diddnt really think those lot were any harm before but seems like they are a nasty piece of work. Have to say there was a steward standing right in front of it all at the game and he did not do a thing about it. To be honest I am suprised a fight diddnt break out as I really thought it was about to all kick off in there

I think I was possibly the bloke in the Norwich shirt behind Steve, I''m quite tall 6''''4 with brown hair and glasses.....although i was standing by a big bloke in his 50s with black hair and another big bloke with long blonde hair...

steve and the coffin dodger sound like a right couple of pricks. They''ll say the wrong thing to the wrong person at some point. I loved the comment about how steve uses his size to intimidate. HAHAHA what a d**k