Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

my dad and me had a 6 match prediction and won[:D]

arsenal

man utd

leicester

celtic

sheff weds

newcastle!!

[/quote]

Your point being . . . . . . . . .what ?

not sure if:

a) its too late for this weeks score predictions

b) draws are allowed

Everton to draw 1-1 tomorrow many thanks

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Unlucky Meth. It was a brave effort my friend. That Luton result was a real shocker and took out some of our very best PUPs so don''t feel bad because I know you will be back to fight another day on behalf of our great club.

Over £600 for the Academy in the last couuple of seasons means us PUPs can feel an extra bit of pride today over the performances of Korey Smith and Tom Adeyemi.[Y]

I''ll be back after the weekend with our stats....[:)].....

[/quote] Thanks for those words Nutty. I was absolutely gutted as I was sure that these were six good picks. As I was unable to get to the game yesterday I was listening to the game on radio Norfolk and checking Sky from time to time for the nap scores. I was a really strange mixture of emotions, The euphoria of listening to Norwich winning in style and the dissapointment of watching the Luton score coming up 0-0 every time it was shown(absolutely unbelievable!!!!) and that numpty Clingan missing a penalty early in the Coventry game, BUT it is an amazing adreneline rush to be in charge of the free bet and I wish the rest of the pickers for this season all the best and I will do my utmost to help them Rays money for our brilliant and much improving Academy. Best wishes andThanks once again.

I knew you were gutted Meth. It was obvious to everyone how much effort you put in this week but unfortunately the PUPs who are brave and make the final selections don''t always get the success they deserve. If you think about it there will always be far more weeks where we will lose than win. Football is so unpredictable and that''s what makes it so exciting. But what is just as important is that you enjoyed your week in charge because all us PUPs can regroup and try doubly hard to help our friend GMF to be succesful next week[Y]

I sure did Norwich[Y]

But I won''t make you false promises. However, I will promise you that if we keep the free bet next season and you are still around you will be first on my rota so stick around....[:)]....

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

arsenal

man utd

leicester

celtic

sheff weds

newcastle!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why cant you leave him alone for gods sake you grumpy old man!

Hes just saying somthing, so what? let him ffs.

Well done banana. what were the odds??

Brendan - I think Jims point was that we had just seen one of us put hours into trying to get a result for the academy and being unlucky. A good team player would show support to that poster and not make that reference to his own selections. Think how you would have felt if you had been Meth? We all stick together on here. all for one and one for all if you like [;)] and you and banana are welcome amongst us. [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Brendan - I think Jims point was that we had just seen one of us put hours into trying to get a result for the academy and being unlucky. A good team player would show support to that poster and not make that reference to his own selections. Think how you would have felt if you had been Meth? We all stick together on here. all for one and one for all if you like [;)] and you and banana are welcome amongst us. [Y]

[/quote]

Nutty as normal a point put over very well, Banana is my lad and I will have a quiet word[:#], no malaice was meant in this post just youthful exuberance (excuse the spelling) sorry if any offence was taken.-  this was a new bit of fun I introduced for match day ( bets to be placed with Dixmar racing of course) and was ours first bet.- maybe the post would have been better posted elsewhere.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

arsenal

man utd

leicester

celtic

sheff weds

newcastle!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets start with Meth, Meth my friend you''ve just experienced the roller coaster ride that comes with being the weeks picker,you gave it a great shot and should be very proud of youself.

Now younge Brendan, the great man Arrdee who got this whole thing up and running would have welcomed you onto the free bet with open arms but he would not have appreciated the swearing you keep slipping in. Personally I was a little angry and upset to see those comments on this thread the other night(thankfully they were quickly removed),now I understand that you are younge and that it''s acceptable at school but we like to keep the free bet a sensible place to visit and try our hardest to not argue or bicker. Somtimes it better to bite your tongue when you don''t agree with something.

Please visit the free bet each week but also try to respect the fact that on here we try to keep it nice and friendly and try our hardest to respect each other and to keep post purely on the subject of the free bet.

The point Jim was trying to make was that Meth had given his best effort this week and would have felt a little down only for nana to pop up and gloat.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

arsenal

man utd

leicester

celtic

sheff weds

newcastle!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets start with Meth, Meth my friend you''ve just experienced the roller coaster ride that comes with being the weeks picker,you gave it a great shot and should be very proud of youself.

Now younge Brendan, the great man Arrdee who got this whole thing up and running would have welcomed you onto the free bet with open arms but he would not have appreciated the swearing you keep slipping in. Personally I was a little angry and upset to see those comments on this thread the other night(thankfully they were quickly removed),now I understand that you are younge and that it''s acceptable at school but we like to keep the free bet a sensible place to visit and try our hardest to not argue or bicker. Somtimes it better to bite your tongue when you don''t agree with something.

Please visit the free bet each week but also try to respect the fact that on here we try to keep it nice and friendly and try our hardest to respect each other and to keep post purely on the subject of the free bet.

The point Jim was trying to make was that Meth had given his best effort this week and would have felt a little down only for nana to pop up and gloat.

[/quote]

Sorry, i didnt realise what point he was trying to make, i just felt a bit sorry for nana because he has been recieving a load of stick lately. Now i reaslise what he was doing, i take back my comments. And i didnt really understand the whole pup thing till very lately. I also apologise for my language. Will not happen again i will assure you. My bad guys [:(]

And commiserations to the guy who made the choices, i thought they were good choices [Y]

And, thanks Inch High

Hard luck Meth, we know how you feel but you did your best like we all do so chin up and lets look forward to next week [:D]

Don''t forget to pop in each week Brendan and give us your selection. I''m sure if you stick around for the whole season then next season you''ll be given the chance to do the weekly pick and hopefully win some money for the academy.[;)]Look through some of these to get an idea of who Arrdee was(the guy who stated the free bet).http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1946/ShowForum.aspx

Okaleeeey Dokaleeeey Inch High, i still dont get how its a free bet, and the academy still gets money?

Help?! [:P]

Oh and i dont seem to be able to find out anything about Ray Ducker, there was a link on a tribute page, pete setup. But it didnt work.

Anyone please help?

Many Thanks

[quote user="Brendan"]Oh and i dont seem to be able to find out anything about Ray Ducker, there was a link on a tribute page, pete setup. But it didnt work.

Anyone please help?

Many Thanks[/quote]

Brendan,

Look on the front page of the message board at the top and you''ll see Remembering arrdee section, Arrdee was Ray Ducker''s user name, he started the free bet but we lost him to cancer after he''d been poorly for some time. He was a great character and was respected and loved by us all, the free bet continues in his honour as that is what he would have wanted, as he was so proud of it and of his pups

CA

To Nutty & Inchy,

I appreciate your comments to Brendan and Banana and the diplomatic way you put them over as opposed to my less subtle approach. You both obviously know them personally and therefore are  able to deal with them better than myself to whom they are just names.

I seem to have been acting the "policeman" for the PUPs in the last year or so , which is a role that Ray privately encouraged me to pursue, to which end I have jumped in rather hastily when it would have been better for me to sit back and allow PUPs ,such as yourselves, with a better knowledge of the individuals, to apply a more suitable approach. 

Lesson learned.[:$]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

To Nutty & Inchy,

I appreciate your comments to Brendan and Banana and the diplomatic way you put them over as opposed to my less subtle approach. You both obviously know them personally and therefore are  able to deal with them better than myself to whom they are just names.

I seem to have been acting the "policeman" for the PUPs in the last year or so , which is a role that Ray privately encouraged me to pursue, to which end I have jumped in rather hastily when it would have been better for me to sit back and allow PUPs ,such as yourselves, with a better knowledge of the individuals, to apply a more suitable approach. 

Lesson learned.[:$]

[/quote]

Nobody wants you to change Jim.. least of all me! I take great comfort from knowing that you would step in if the thread got out of hand. Ray and I talked about this often and as you rightly say he encouraged it. You mark my words my friend, PUPs like Brendan and Nana will become a valuable part of our team and probably will be helping you to police the thread in the future[Y]

Great effort Meth, the standard of picking and the final selectors each week has been really high. It won''t be too long before we are winning on the freebet thread this season.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Nutty as normal a point put over very well, Banana is my lad and I will have a quiet word[:#], no malaice was meant in this post just youthful exuberance (excuse the spelling) sorry if any offence was taken.-  this was a new bit of fun I introduced for match day ( bets to be placed with Dixmar racing of course) and was ours first bet.- maybe the post would have been better posted elsewhere.

[/quote]

Hi to you TGD and thanks for your explaination. I must admit that I was a bit taken aback by the original post,  as I was, as Nutty has said, absolutely gutted at not being able to add to the Academy kitty for this season, and almost responded to the post, but thought better of it, this being the thread that it is. So I just left it at that, but having read your post I just have to say that it is heart warming to know that father and son can be close enough to do this sort of thing together on a match day and anything that encourages the young people of Norfolk to support our great club rather than Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc has my full and unreserved support. Hopefully one day we will be able to meet and can shake hands as proud City supports and fathers.

Best of luck to GMF for the coming week.

I''m already looking forward to a chance to redeem myself next season if it is at all possible!!!

Sorry these are late this week - 

63 PUPs selected this week with 47 correct making a success rate of 75%.

21 PUPs are in joint top position on 100% after 3/3 correct selections. So well done Berks [*] Davo  [*]Devon [*] Fonejck [*] Jim [*] Graham [*] Hughesy [*] Nana [*] Inchy [*] Leeds [*] Meth [*] Bump [*] Muddy [*] Shaun [*] Broadslim [*] Norwich [*] Nutty [:O] Pboro  [*] Shack [*] Sparkos  [*] Tilly  [*]

I wonder who will be the "last man standing"[Z]

This weeks naps were divided amongst 23 different teams with 14 being correct making a success rate of 61%. It''s too early for the stats to be really meaningful so I''ll keep recording them and publish them more fully in a few weeks time.

Please don''t post next weeks selections here.. I''ll be back with the new thread tomorrow....[:)]....