Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 3 of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Methcanary in charge and making the final selections. This is the first time Meth has made the final selections and I’m sure he is the man to give us our first winning week of the season after those two fabulous efforts from Muddy and Angel. How can we go wrong with such a talented team of PUPs! Now Meth has been in excellent form already this season with a 100% record on 2/2  but we still need to give him all the help we can just as we did Angel & Muddy over the last two weeks.

Now just a reminder that we have the presentation evening on Friday. The venue is Bayer Social Club which can be found here : -

Unfortunately Marlpit Bridge is closed for repairs so the only access is from Hellesdon Road. If you approach from Hellesdon then ignore the “Road Ahead Closed” signs because the bridge is beyond the club entrance. However if you come from Dereham Road you will have to follow diversions. If anyone is unsure then email or pm me for directions. The presentation will take place at around 8:45/9pm but you can arrive at the club anytime before that after 7pm. I hope there’s a good turn out, I’m sure there will be with celebrities like LeedsCanary, Billy Dixon and Neil Adams “In The House”!

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Meth Canary now. There’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Meth... the free bet is yours...[:)]....

Ray''s signature now ammended to Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah yes Norfolkchance1 £608 for the Academy,so far.

I''m going to go with one which I reckon is a banker this weekend.MAN CITY to beat Wolves.Good luck Meth.

Europe has been a happy hunting ground for me so far so I''m off to Denmark this week:

AGF Aarhus v Silkeborg IF........HOME WIN

Aarhus have scored 5 at home so far this season and Silkeborg have conceded 5 away so keeping my fingers crossed!! Good Luck Meth Canary and all you lovely PUPs[:D][:D]

Thanks Nutty for those kind words. I will give it my best shot. I''m having a week of work this week, so I''m rested and raring to go. but need all the help I can get from the PUP''s, so keep those suggestions coming.

I''ve found a fairly decent one this week from Holland. FC Twente - joint top of the league with 7 points from 3 games; play RKC Waalwijk - bottom of the league with 0 points from 3 games. Their three losses were 0-1, 4-1 and 6-0. Conceding 11 goals and only scoring one is far from good. Twente have only scored 4 in the 3 games - but they still look sure to add to that tally in this game.

FC Twente V RKC Waalwijk - Home win.

P.s: Nutty - not sure whether I''ll be able to make it friday now. Couple of reasons. But I''ll send you a message on facebook when I find out definately.

I''m sticking with Europe again this week [:D]

My game of choice appears to be off, although I''m not sure why - if my information is not correct, my pick this week is from the Swedish League:

Djurgardens -v- IFK Gothenburg  AWAY WIN

If this one is definitely off, my pick will be from the Dutch League:

FC Twente - v- RKC Waalwijk  HOME WIN

Good Luck to all PUPs [;)][;)]

In honour of Neil Adams'' appearance at the Foncy presentation I desperately wanted to choose BARRY TOWN (lol [:D]) v GOYTRE UNITED!

However I''m going to stick to the Welsh and nap THE NEW SAINTS v Carmarthen HOME WIN

See you all on Friday! [B] and good luck Meth! [Y]

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

PS - Mcnallys ego - let Nutty know who you used to be for his stats!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I''ve found a fairly decent one this week from Holland. FC Twente - joint top of the league with 7 points from 3 games; play RKC Waalwijk - bottom of the league with 0 points from 3 games. Their three losses were 0-1, 4-1 and 6-0. Conceding 11 goals and only scoring one is far from good. Twente have only scored 4 in the 3 games - but they still look sure to add to that tally in this game.

FC Twente V RKC Waalwijk - Home win.

P.s: Nutty - not sure whether I''ll be able to make it friday now. Couple of reasons. But I''ll send you a message on facebook when I find out definately.

[/quote]

Yes Shaun excellent pick, spotted this one myself while trawling through the European leagues doing some homework earlier in the week. Looks like an absolute stonewall home win to me and will probably be my pick this week.(but will confirm that on Friday Nutty when I choose the final six). Keep picking everyone.

Off to France again this week, Bordeaux Vs Nice. Home Win

Bordeaux have won both games in the league so far in their hunt for successive titles, after not selling (as of yet) Chamakh to Arsenal they should get past Nice.

After searching long & hard, this is the stand out fixture for me:

(same as Shaun)

FC TWENTE - RKC Waalwijk - HOME WIN, Shaun explains all there is to know.

Good luck with your presentation Nutty [B][<:o)], plenty of photos please [H]

This week I am rather torn for choice, I did fancy Celtic but couldn''t put too much faith in a Peter Grant connection.

So I am going for Leeds on the basis that they are grinding out one goal victories without really playing well, always the sign of a successful team to me, when they do play well they will hammer someone, so I fancy that Tranmere will step up as the sacrificial lambs this week and get well beaten. Also of course they did me a good turn by winning on the first week of the season and there aint many do that for me [:D]

LEEDS v Tranmere = HOME WIN

Good luck Meth [Y]

Two standouts for me over in Holland, Waalwijk look certain for defeat away at Twente, however Im going to pick the team who I napped to beat Waalwijk the other week, that being Ajax over Sparta Rotterdam.In the last four seasons Ajax have done them 5-2, 6-2, 5-2 and 6-0. Ajax are a top four side, Sparta are always lower mid-table. I wouldnt say this is a guaranteed win but if all goes to plan it should be another comfortable win for the home team.

Ok - good luck Meth. Sorry I can''t be original here but I''m going for Arsenal to win vs Pompey. I just can''t see Paul Hart getting any relief.

This looks like a good week for bankers and a bad week for odds!

Germany for me this week please and a Sunday game....

Werder Bremen  v  Bor Monchengladbach.....Home win.Good luck to this weeks picker Meth and to all pickers.[Y]

Hope to meet some fellow pups Friday so see you there.[;)]

I''m gonna add my weight behind CA and Yankee and go for Luton to beat Chester. Luton did me proud last week and well if there''s bigger joke than Norwich in the footballing world it probably have to go to chester (no offence chester fans), hopefully things will pick up for them... after this weekend... Good luck Meth.

This week I fancy Celtic to dust themselves down after the Champions League Qualifier defeat and get back to winning ways against St. Johnstone. Celtic started the campaign with a decent win at Aberdeen and by no means disgraced themselves against an Arsenal team who have started the season brightly. St. Johnstone are a bit of an unknown quantity having achieved promotion last season, they drew with Motherwell on the opening weekend but Celtic will be looking to give them a hard time at Parkhead!!

Celtic v St. Johnstone - Home Win

Good luck Meth

I expect Man Ure to bounce back from their defeat to Burnley & put on a show against Wigan.

Wigan v Man Ure - Away win

Good luck Meth Canary

The Blue Square Prem for me and a home win for Mansfield Town v. Ebbsfleet Utd.

Mansfield won this fixture 2:0 towards the end of last season.

Good Luck, methcanary!