Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Butterworth resigns

I feel abit for Butterworth regardless of what anyone thinks of him he still left a job to become Norwich assistant. He also has done the honourable thing and resigned. There were more factors to the team not performing last season and this than just Gunn and his team, although they were part of it.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I wouldn''t call this ''fall-out'', I''d call it a natural progression of the coaching staff following Gunn''s departure... you can bet that his cards were marked given that he couldn''t even inspire the team to muster up the usual Caretaker Revival that we so often see.

Rumour is that Chippy will be kept on, so its a good day for the coaching staff in my eyes!
[/quote]

Not sad about it at all, and hope crook stays, however cant believe Gunn was told in Exeter and had to take a train home, you can fire someone with some deceny! Sort of sums up our club I think

[/quote]

Yeah thankfully, mean and nasty............and about bleeding time!

[/quote]

I do not think this is true Wiz, you need to be firm with clear dierction, I run a large business and when I have to fire staff as a whole I do it with dignity and decency....despite things not working out, rightly or wrongly we are all humans doing are best and should be treated with respect. My point is that it was not the sacking I have a problem with, just the manner and that sums up the faceless manner our club is being run by

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Mark Garfoot (sports scientist) has left too. Didn''t our last sports scientist David Carolan leave to go to...........

Colchester?

[/quote]Yes the same person who reportedly destroyed all the clubs player data when he was sacked!